• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Times: Trump puts EU ahead of UK in trade queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingV

Another supposed ally gets burned.

It bothers me that a few days ago other gaf members claimed since we're stuck with Trump we have to work with him and didn't understand my point that he backstabs everyone so it's pointless.

If you have the option to try working around Trump always do that first.

The funny thing is that his disloyalty might work in business... at least for a while, because most of the negotiations are secret. But having no principles and being untrustworthy is catching up to him quickly on the national stage, becAuse he's fucking people over publically

Khrno

"Can I make a trade deal with you?"
"No, you have to make a deal with the EU"
"Can I make a trade deal with the EU?"
"Yes"
"Ha! I knew you would give in! I'm the best negotiator"
"..."

ftfy.

RenditMan

Banned
I would heavily consider migrating to Scotland if it goes independent and (re)joins the EU. The only reason I haven't done so yet is because it's part of the UK and I don't want the trashy Tories/UKIP baggage.

Out of interest, which countries running a democracy have no risk of electing a government you wouldn't like?

The UK had over a decade of voting labour in not too long ago.

You might need to find a dictatorship running policies you agree with and move there to be safe.

Out of interest, which countries running a democracy have no risk of electing a government you wouldn't like?

The UK had over a decade of voting labour in not too long ago.

You might need to find a dictatorship running policies you agree with and move there to be safe.

There's always a risk of course, but there's also clear tendencies historically. Like Austria for instance always has been right-leaning even with the centrist parties that generally have been in power, and of course the right wingers having grown massively in strength, reaching 30% quite easily in each election. Liberal parties generally do not stick, and the only leftist party that has any sort of success are the Greens, which hover around 10% give or take.
Italy is in a very similar boat, with the right Berlusconi alliance and Five Star being among the top 3, both 25% or more, and the Social Democrats wavering around 30%.

On the other hand you have countries like Sweden, or the Netherlands, where yes, there are right movements that also have been gaining in strength, but they certainly are nowhere near as strong as in Austria or Italy.
These also are countries I would consider moving to.

If Scotland has a similar situation in terms of their parliamentary structure should they go independent (and to my knowledge, Scotland leans more left in comparison to the rest of the UK), I would definitely consider moving there over Austria, where 1/3 of the population votes right wing.

Part of me now just wishes I wasn't British

Yeah we can all mock Trump but he's only in for 4 (hopefully not) 8 years but Brexit is permanent...

May wants a hard Brexit as well which is going to be even better... /s

Part of me now just wishes I wasn't British

Yeah we can all mock Trump but he's only in for 4 (hopefully not) 8 years but Brexit is permanent...

May wants a hard Brexit as well which is going to be even better... /s

Hard Brexit was always the only option for the UK.

People supporting the own self-destruction will make a great joke in the incoming school books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom