• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been revived (i.e. alive) but it's still dead

MavFan619

Banned
336x199px-LL-ffcde97d_edge.gif

Me waiting for the non believers to arrive
Spear the non believers into believing :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ohhh noooo now it's back to as dead as it was three days ago. I'm trembling in my boots.

You can quote this in a french magazines biches

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
ohhh noooo now it's back to as dead as it was three days ago. I'm trembling in my boots.

Dude, that game is coming. And when it comes out I'll print a special modified cover with various quotes from you saying it doesn't exist.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The last guardian is one of the games most i want of the ps4.I love team ico and shadow of the colossus and ico.

foxbeldin

"Oh nooon il est de nouveau aussi mort qu'il l'était il y a trois jours. Je tremble dans mes bottes" a dit Y2kev sur Neogaf.

kmax

It honestly feels like Sony is stalling until no one gives a shit anymore so that they can bury this train wreck silently.

The only times they even bring it up is when fans presses them on it. To the brave ones holding out..

giphy.gif

Ostinatto

Fumito: You read the Bible, Y2Kev?

Y2Kev: [gasping for breath] Yes...!

Fumito: Well, there's this passage I've got memorized, sorta fits the occasion. Ezekiel 25:17? "The path of the team ico is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of Ico and Sotc shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his Guardian's keeper and the finder of lost colossus. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my fans. And you will know my name is Ueda... when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Xun

'The Last Guardian' is no longer a retail game, it is a real life meta-game where we all spend hours on GAF arguing over it's corpse until we expire. In 10000000000000 years time there will still be one ardent Ueda fan (who by that time is just a brain in a jar) who refuses to accept the game is dead and has his brain-jar wired up to The Kutaragi Matrix so he can keep renewing the games trademark until the earth is destroyed. He is 'The Last Guardian'.
I laughed way more than I should've done.

See, the thing is - there's one big factor that made Ico and SOTC great, and he's off the project. If by some miracle this game ever sees the light of day, it won't be the game that trailer showed. Without Ueda, I see nothing good coming out of this. Well actually I see nothing at all coming out of this, but I won't belabor that point any longer.

Exactly. Why do people still care? Part of me wants the game to be "officially" cancelled so this meme will finally die.

ClearData

We need Rock Paper Shotgun to interview Ueda.

RPS: Where the fuck is The Last Guardian?

Ueda: That's a bit...

RPS: And what I mean by that is where the fuck is the Last Guardian.

Ueda...

RPS: YOU'VE BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT FOR 10 YEARS! At what point do you just admit Y2kev was right?

Servbot24

Banned
The trademark is not a good indicator one way or another. No reason to care about it.

There is no "cycle". It has always been in development regardless of trademarks.

Rezae

This game is an urban legend at this point. I don't see how anyone can still care or have any confidence in a title that continues to be in development hell.

Dude, that game is coming. And when it comes out I'll print a special modified cover with various quotes from you saying it doesn't exist.

Even if somebody doesn't care (anymore) about TLG, I'm sure everybody would love to see that thread "TLG finally reborn! Plenty of crows to be served at the party" pop up on GAF. It'll be a thread for the history books ;)

ocean

Banned
E3: believe. It'll be sandwiched between FFVII:R and Shenmue 3 at a presentation titled "let's cut to the chase and win this gen already".

It would've been better if Sony didn't file for an extension. That way, someone else could snatch the name and actually do something with it. >:|

Maxim726X

Guys, it's not going to die.

Way too much work and money poured in at this point... Doesn't make sense to just abandon it.

Now the quality of the product once it finally comes out? That's up for debate.

What isn't up for debate is the fact that we're going to see it at some point.

Verendus

Banned
Can we do a mass ban bet on this if that's something that's allowed? Since we're always in the same cycle, shouldn't something be done about this? It's for the mental health of the Neo.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Guys, it's not going to die.

Way too much work and money poured in at this point... Doesn't make sense to just abandon it.

Now the quality of the product once it finally comes out? That's up for debate.

What isn't up for debate is the fact that we're going to see it at some point.

What work and money? We got a short tech demo half a decade ago, we have no idea whether the game ever got any further than that.

What work and money? We got a short tech demo half a decade ago, we have no idea whether the game ever got any further than that.

Pretty stupid to maintain a trademark for a dead game and keep insisting it's still in development. It must have progressed very far by now.

So, can we start quoting the names for the wall of shame?

Anyway, just wait people, the more patience you have the better the game is (it's true, I'm an expert).

Top Bottom