• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoi tsuki

Angles of a Wang said:
Ok so speeling is'nt my sotrong point but do you guys haff to bee so anul retentive aboot it?

Grow up alreddy.
At some point, you have to realize that posting only hurts you more.

loser1uj.jpg

White Man said:
I dunno. I bet he has at least one painfully embarassing masturbation story.

I believe you are missing the ever-so-subtle sarcasm, so i'll explain.

he IS a loser like those people.

:lol :lol :lol

etiolate

Banned
aoi tsuki said:
At some point, you have to realize that posting only hurts you more.

How did you make your text red in that other post?

To the man in question,

Homonyms? A Homonym is a word that is written and pronounced the same way as another, but which has a different meaning. It's important to get in the habit of watching for them, because otherwise you are saying something you don't mean to say. Writing is communcation, clairty is important in communication. Just the same with your japanese name and its mistranslation. I am not sure what your aim is with your fanfic, but for ths sake of the internet, it would be good to clean tings up. Do you want to end up calling yourself Angled Wangs by accident one day?

Also, I would suggest if most of what you read is originally Japanese, such as videogames, manga, or anime subtitles, then you should broaden your interests. Reading nothing but other people's poor fanfic and rough translations can not be good for your english.

Red Scarlet

Angels of a Wing said:
I meant not as much as it hurt him to read them. *rolls eyes*

The people in that picture scare me....

future future future

I think its to have red text.

this is a cool text color

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, I've come up with a solution.

From now on, all your posts will be proofread by Kinesis and KiDmUsClE.

They'll teach you the intricacies of our language.

Lhadatt

Tamanon said:
Alright, I've come up with a solution.

From now on, all your posts will be proofread by Kinesis and KiDmUsClE.

They'll teach you the intricacies of our language.
Why do I think that will result in something like

littledonkey.jpg
?

etiolate said:
How did you make your text red in that other post?

To the man in question,

Homonyms? A Homonym is a word that is written and pronounced the same way as another, but which has a different meaning. It's important to get in the habit of watching for them, because otherwise you are saying something you don't mean to say. Writing is communcation, clairty is important in communication. Just the same with your japanese name and its mistranslation. I am not sure what your aim is with your fanfic, but for ths sake of the internet, it would be good to clean tings up. Do you want to end up calling yourself Angled Wangs by accident one day?

Also, I would suggest if most of what you read is originally Japanese, such as videogames, manga, or anime subtitles, then you should broaden your interests. Reading nothing but other people's poor fanfic and rough translations can not be good for your english.

Ah Thanks for explaining what a Homonym is. Man I should know that but I can't remember like half the stuff they taught us in english class. All School did was force feed you mostly useless crap and expect you to regurgitate it right back on tests.

Yes I have a lot of manga but I also read stuff like Dragonlance and the occasional Star Wars/Trek novel. I also read several magazines like Nintendo power, Gamepro and Electroinc gaming montly. Not to mention fourms like this one.

Tamanon

Banned
THIS is how you write. Might I suggest more like Lady Nocturne: A Tek Jansen Adventure?

And of course, this brings it all back to Stephen Colbert:)

I deactivated my solivisor as I stepped through the autoslide doors of the Planetary Government and Social Protection Programs building's majestic lobby, the newly transparent fluxiglass lenses giving me a clear view of the lobby's central feature—a hologram of the New Geneva cityscape that couldn't help but call attention, I wryly thought to myself, to the fact that the PGSPP building was by far the tallest in the city, a result of the demolition order that was the first law passed when the new New Terran government, the Planetary Parliament, was formed by the merger of the European Regency Council and the East-West Oversight Alliance. I didn't understand the point. New Terra was working fine when it was run by three separate governments: The European Regency Council, which controlled all of New Europe, which consisted of 20th Century Europe plus the former Soviet Union, the Mediterranean countries, and India; the East-West Oversight Alliance, created when the governments of Americana (which in the 20th century was known as North America, Central America, and South America) and the Asian Protectorate (the 20th century Asia and the good parts of Africa) were united by the charismatic Vizier Thurmond Chang; and the Southern Colony, which ruled Australia, Southern Africa, and Antarctica until they were destroyed by the Planetary Parliament shortly after their merger in 2412.

Under those three governments New Terra entered an era of prosperity and peace that it hadn't enjoyed since it was named Earth. But concerns over the colonization of Venus and Mars soon arose after the Solar System Expansion and Exploration Act of 2180 was passed by the United Governments. Rather than worry about potential war over territory on Venus and Mars, some of which was very rich in carbonium and gold deposits, and in particular energy rights over the Mist Fields of Venus, which thanks to technology developed at the University of Neo-Chicago in the late 22nd century could be harnessed to power the entire planet, the governments decided to form a merged oversight committee to dictate civic planning, border drawing, and mining operations. No surprise, the chairman of the VenuMartian Oversight Committee was Vizier Thurmond Chang.

Of course that committee, like the merger, was a joke. Vizier Thurmond Chang had so many puppets in the Planetary Parliament that they quickly voted themselves next to powerless. After that, all it took was a few moving speeches, a trade embargo restricting the shipments of protein to New Europe, and a reworking of language in a budget bill to include a declaration giving the VenuMartian Oversight Committee additional oversight—over New Terra. Very slyly done, Mr. Chang. New Terra never knew what hit them.

But my job today wasn't to reflect on the history of my planet's new government. It wasn't 2412 anymore. It was 2415, and the rules had changed. Now the only rules were the Planetary Parliament's Rules. And those rules weren't so much set down by the PP themselves as they were imposed on them by Vizier Thurmond Chang, who came out of the merger the Supreme Minister and virtual dictator of all of New Terra through his ruthlessness and skill at drawing up contracts. No, my job was to report to the 34th floor of the Planetary Government and Social Protection Programs building, to the offices of the Solar System Security Force, colloquially known as the Galaxy Police. I had to go past the reception area, with its shiny chromium fixtures and holovidaudio screens explaining the layout of the building to tourists, through the busy public hallway, carefully avoiding the litter-sweeping custodimatons humming along their routes, into the restricted zone, past an ID card reader where I swiped my SSSF key card, and then past a different ID card reader, where I swiped my SSSF digital fingerprint tag, into a secure elevator, where a quick retinal scan and DNA screen activated my trip three floors up, past a cyberwire fence, which did a quick biometric scan before it opened, around a corner and through a door marked "Private: Elite Storage Only" into a storage closet where by pressing the reset button on the Fire Abatement Spray I would open the secret door into Alpha Squad Headquarters—my headquarters, run by the steely efficiency and decisive femininity of Alpha Squad Commander Joanna Valentine.

When Valentine said "jump," the Squad Force asked, "in which jump boots?" Her take-no-prisoners attitude and tough-as-nails exterior was only softened by her incredibly sexy voice and body.

I stepped through the secret door into Alpha Squad HQ and saw Tracy, the beautiful young Alpha Squad receptionist, sitting at her desk. She was dressed to the nines as usual in a form-fitting Lumi-silk dress that left just the right amount to the imagination.

"Hi, Tracy." I declared warmly. "It's me. Tek Jansen."

What is the topic about anymore anyhow? Maybe it'll be more on topic once I get a picture of myself up.

It's getting late, maybe I'll turn in for the night.

What the hell is this thread?

I didn't even know this guy until people started arguing his user name in the avatar thread.

I mean wtf is this thread now?

Should I be glad I didn't read his story that he posted?

BudokaiMR2 said:
What the hell is this thread?

I didn't even know this guy until people started arguing his user name in the avatar thread.

I mean wtf is this thread now?

Should I be glad I didn't read his story that he posted?

and i even used pictures so that you'd understand ::shakes head::

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Okay, first a list of spelling errors in that piece.
The worst thing ever said:
The fire had faded, thought orange embers still gleamed here and there in a mountain of ash.

The woods where quite and peaceful...

She made her way back to the rim of the canyon, thought a fringe of pine forest. As she walked out onto a smooth slab of stone extending beyond the shadows of the threes

She gasped and spun around, relived- pleased- to see someone emerge from the tress.

She sighed, taking in the slender of the scene

They stood in silence or several minuets

that person had been formulary to her.

and saw a ornate crystal fountain

the eeb and flow of her inner energy

As an Angle even one who couldn’t fly

I can talk the Wizard hear into helping me

said a quite voice

’m much more then an ordinary cleric, not that I can fault a mind such as your's

before you where truly ready for them. Before you where content

The third clue was that he was taller then her, thought that didn’t tell her much of anything since most men where.
Lord knows how many there were before you ran it through spellcheck.

That's not even touching on the grammar and punctuation. You have no idea how to use commas, quotes, or capitalization.

Your prose is just awful. You break every basic rule that you'd be taught in an Intro To Creative Writing class. Bad descriptions, radio lines in your dialogue, redundant sentences, etc.

If this is at all representative of your writing, then you are a bad writer. Maybe someday you'll be better than this, but right now you suck. Posting fiction with poor spelling to prove that you can spell is not a good idea.

In fact, posting horrible fiction, without anyone asking for or encouraging it, is a bad idea. I don't want to be too hard on you, because it's personal expression, etc. etc. But it is really, really bad. You're going to get all sorts of crap for this, and I'll probably ban you to keep my head from exploding.

With this, the fake gender (which most people hadn't even noticed), and the lecturing people about a language you don't speak, you're off to a really rocky start.

GODDAMN HOW IS ANGELS OF A SEX CHANGE NOT BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE STREETS RIGHT NOW? Bad spelling, grammar issues, and freaky anime sex-swaps ftl, GAF. FOR THE LOSE! :mad:

Master Shake said:
GODDAMN HOW IS ANGELS OF A SEX CHANGE NOT BEING DRAGGED THROUGH THE STREETS RIGHT NOW? Bad spelling, grammar issues, and freaky anime sex-swaps ftl, GAF. FOR THE LOSE! :mad:

Aw I love you too milk shake *laughs*

Man I didn't even realize that I had made most of those errors. That's stuff that the spell check can't really help with, sigh I really wish I had an editor for my stories not that I've written any in a few months. I guess after I'm done I should go over them with a fine comb about 5 times and even then maybe have someone from here go over it one last time before posting a final version.

If it's any consolation the version I was posting for the message board was what I considered to be the rough version which I would come back to later and spruce up to turn it into a sort of novel which I'd put on fanfiction.net or something.

Angels of a Wing said:
Aw I love you too milk shake *laughs*

Man I didn't even realize that I had made most of those errors. That's stuff that the spell check can't really help with, sigh I really wish I had an editor for my stories not that I've written any in a few months. I guess after I'm done I should go over them with a fine comb about 5 times and even then maybe have someone from here go over it one last time before posting a final version.

If it's any consolation the version I was posting for the message board was what I considered to be the rough version which I would come back to later and spruce up to turn it into a sort of novel which I'd put on fanfiction.net or something.

I wouldn't worry about it, AoaW. I think most people can see the merrits of your craft and overlook the minor errors. You presumably have an intuative insight when it comes to people which is what allows you to gift your characters with a "soul." This insight likely also makes you more intune to the emotions of those around you, thusly making it more difficult for you to deal with others in real life situations when compared to most guys who just go barraling into a situation "dick first."

There are a few here who will barb you because your way of thinking outside of social norms makes them uncomfortable. However, most of us are just having friendly fun with the new guy.

Lhadatt

Master Shake said:
Hey, I did my part.

CabbageRed said:
I wouldn't worry about it, AoaW. I think most people can see the merrits of your craft and overlook the minor errors. You presumably have an intuative insight when it comes to people which is what allows you to gift your characters with a "soul." This insight likely also makes you more intune to the emotions of those around you, thusly making it more difficult for you to deal with others in real life situations when compared to most guys who just go barraling into a situation "dick first."

There are a few here who will barb you because your way of thinking outside of social norms makes them uncomfortable. However, most of us are just having friendly fun with the new guy.

Wow...just wow! Thank you :) I work really hard on my stories, sometimes hours at a time so it's nice that someone understands that they do have merrit behind the spelling which I have trouble with.

In a way, I’m both shallow at times and yet complex. When reading posts online, I have a hard time distinguishing when people are being serious or sarcastic sense it’s hard to tell their tone of voice as it where.

Some of my friends sometimes ruin something for themselves like Naruto. They love it at first but then begin to overanalyse it where as I just sit back and enjoy the show for what it is.

I think that being picked on from the start at a young stage might have had some beneficial side effects. By being on the outside as it where I was able to avoid a lot of the effects of peer pressure to conform which is why a lot of people start smoking and or drinking while I’ve vowed to do neither

I’m a lot Shonen hero’s in that aspect of emotional insight. Sure I might not be as good in some area’s as a lot of other people (for example my spelling is poor) but I have great insight in ways others don’t. Where they might see a winding road I might see a straight path and vies versa.

Being an underdog most of my life I guess that’s why I identify with those hero’s so much which is part of why I enjoy the type of anime I do so much, not just because it’s japans but because of the depth of the soul that the stories tend to convey.

This might explain why I like certain types of music even thought I don’t understand the lyrics, because as they say music is the language of the soul.

Here is a picture of My sister from her Prom that her friend took. I'm hoping to have a picture of myself online sometime in the near future!

http://groups.msn.com/GoldenJustice/mydrawings.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=317

White Man

bishoptl said:
Speaking of unleashing one's thick honey...why are you posting pictures of your sister? How did we even get on *that* topic?

You'd best be willing to pay out royalties for quoting one of my stories in a member's tag.

Crab Shaker

Doesn't pay his sources
One day you will all realize how angelwingthing is a joke character and played you all for a fool.

"They hate my spelling, let's turn it up a notch."

"Shake hates me, I shall make cutesy hugs at him"

Crab Shaker said:
One day you will all realize how angelwingthing is a joke character and played you all for a fool.

I don't swing that way, cheif. If he tries to hug me I'm whipping out the pepper spray and calling pest control :/

Crab Shaker said:

<3 <3 <3 ~~~

I can't believe it took me 2 days to click on this thread, for some reason I thought it was a bout a movie called 'The Truth' or something. Anyway, I enjoyed this thread better than most summer blockbusters.

Raiden said:
*image snipped*
THE TRUTH MOTHER****ER!!!

I-Is that Sabretooth kicking some poor jr high kid in the nuts? I didn't know Sabretooth was a real person! Damn! <off to wikipedia>

One Angle's Wing said:
I&#8217;m a lot Shonen hero&#8217;s in that aspect of emotional insight. Sure I might not be as good in some area&#8217;s as a lot of other people (for example my spelling is poor) but I have great insight in ways others don&#8217;t. Where they might see a winding road I might see a straight path and vies versa.

what...the...****...

It has been decided. He is a joke character.

Ichirou

Banned
Angels of a Wing said:
I’m a lot Shonen hero’s in that aspect of emotional insight. Sure I might not be as good in some area’s as a lot of other people (for example my spelling is poor) but I have great insight in ways others don’t. Where they might see a winding road I might see a straight path and vies versa.

Being an underdog most of my life I guess that’s why I identify with those hero’s so much which is part of why I enjoy the type of anime I do so much, not just because it’s japans but because of the depth of the soul that the stories tend to convey.

This might explain why I like certain types of music even thought I don’t understand the lyrics, because as they say music is the language of the soul.

CHA-LA

HEAD CHA-LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom