• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bros and sis. I am going thrrough breakup, which completely ruins me

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Back in 2019,I made an account here due to break up, which I didnt want to say it.
No however I feel like going through hell on earth, like some of you might know, I am already on second liver and and I feel like this no joke. One day you are playing games together and then split. It completely ruined my life. The sheer anxiety which I am feeling...

I have no idea, how and why I am writing this, but it is 4am and I absolutely trembling.

Just if maybe some of you went through the same situation? What you do, to make stuff go away?

Back in 2019,I made an account here due to break up, which I didnt want to say it.
No however I feel like going through hell on earth, like some of you might know, I am already on second liver and and I feel like this no joke. One day you are playing games together and then split. It completely ruined my life. The sheer anxiety which I am feeling...

I have no idea, how and why I am writing this, but it is 4am and I absolutely trembling.

Just if maybe some of you went through the same situation? What you do, to make stuff go away?
Sorry to hear about that. My father, who I took care of, passed away November 19th of 2022. I have no family in the city and pretty much all alone and I'm scared shitless.

I'm seeing a therapist as well as a psychiatrist and I would definitely recommend that. It's like psychiatrist at least have some medications they can put you on that will help a little.

For the time being do whatever you think will make you feel decent.

Last edited:

M1chl

Sorry to hear about that. My father, who I took care of, passed away November 19th of 2022. I have no family in the city and pretty much all alone and I'm scared shitless.

I'm seeing a therapist as well as a psychiatrist and I would definitely recommend that. It's like psychiatrist at least have some medications they can put you on that will help a little.

For the time being do whatever you think will make you feel decent.
I still have my family, but with all od the stuff which is happening i fell like you too. The problem is now, that I believe I can easily find someone else, but that they dont fill the void.

I jusf have no hobby, which would not remind of her.

M1chl

Hit the gym, seriously!
Helps your body, helps your brain, boosts your confidence, and gets the feel-good endorphins flowing.
I will, but I need a company. I hope that gym bros are as good as they say.

bitbydeath

I will, but I need a company. I hope that gym bros are as good as they say.
Find them there, don’t put it off waiting for others.

Just Do It Shia GIF by MOODMAN

M1chl

I simply need a company. It is unfair that women would have this amount of influence, it is ridiculous. Yet they do.

Alex11

I went through something similar, the main point that I found is, no advice or words are gonna make you magically feel better. As cliche as it may be, time is the best answer. That and keeping your mind occupied by hobbies and things that you truly enjoy.

InertKiwi

I think I know what you're going through. I'm also recovering from a break up that happened in December. That relationship felt like I'd had met the one, but it wasn't meant to be. Definitely consider some of the advice mentioned here. I'm also going to the gym and getting mental help. The important part, to me, is to focus on yourself. I know it's not easy to forget about her, trust me I still do, but you will recover from this. My therapist said "time doesn't heal all wounds, it's what you do during that time that makes change happen."

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I still have my family, but with all od the stuff which is happening i fell like you too. The problem is now, that I believe I can easily find someone else, but that they dont fill the void.

I jusf have no hobby, which would not remind of her.
Don't try to fill the void. That is always the first mistake people make after a breakup. They seek solace in others only to find that they aren't ready to be that open again. Which not only causes more stress on yourself, but can hurt the other party as well. Just more drama, more feelings, and more problems. You need to realize that its YOUR mental health that matters and the best way to fix that is to do it yourself. Don't rely on another person to be the patch on the hole because if that person is the patch over the hole if they leave the hole opens up again. But if you are the one that patches the hole? You aren't going anywhere. Sometimes the best remedy for suddenly feeling alone is embracing it and realizing that its not others that define who you are. You make yourself better on your own. That way nobody can take that from you by leaving.

Also people will joke about "hitting the gym" or exercising, but that is not just jokes about looking better to find someone new. You will feel better BECAUSE you are hitting the gym. You will feel better because you are healthier and the endorphins you get from exerting yourself will do wonders for you. You will sleep better due to a tired body. You will see yourself in the mirror looking better and you will see the progress being made. It provides a perfect foundation for good mental health and motivation. Find a podcast to listen to while you workout. Learn the basics of a new skill or even a new language while you work. It is just one more thing to keep you distracted. Set yourself a physical goal and a mental one. Goals that can be accomplished in increments. A body weight goal, a certain amount of weight to bench, or miles ran. Along with that set a mental goal. A new language, a new skill like cooking/woodworking, or even just a new genre of video game that you never played before. Enrich your body and mind simultaneously. Use your frustrations and feelings to push yourself further physically and mentally. Don't let them drag you down. That way you come out on the other side better for it. You have something tangible to show for your troubles.

It always hurts for awhile, but there will be a random day and a random time when you realize that you haven't thought about them all day or maybe even several days. You had already moved on mentally and hadn't even realized it. It will only get better from there. You will eventually find someone new when you are ready and you will find yourself on the couch with that person someday watching tv or playing video games and realize how much better off you are. Trust me.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've never been through a real brake up. At least not in the intensity you're describing. All i can offer is time does heal. And don't forget (if it's the case, otherwise ignore this) her bad traits you had to deal with. Nothing wrong with filling the void in a variety of ways, but be self aware of it and don't use it as a substitute but rather as a momentarily coping mechanism.

The worst part for me, like you mentioned yourself are the associations. Those are, for me personally, very though to deal with and or let go.

Wish you the best M1chl M1chl

jdforge

Banned
I always think of break ups like getting off a train. Then one day you just get on another train and start a new journey. There’s always another train coming. Simply believing that will give you some form of comfort and hope.

Also, have you tried dick yet?

Nobody_Important

M1chl M1chl

I actually forgot the most important part of my advice regarding goals. Make your goals known to a close friend or family member. Check in routinely to let them know your progress. Not only does that give you more forced social engagement at a time where you might prefer to be alone, but it makes you accountable to someone other than yourself. Its easy to let yourself off the hook when you are tired or just don't want to do it because no one knows what you are doing, but if you have a friend or family member that knows what you are trying to accomplish you are more likely to stick to it in order to save face and not let them (or more importantly yourself) down.

Its important to give yourself as many reasons as you can to stick to the goals and the regimen they require.

Regginator

I simply need a company. It is unfair that women would have this amount of influence, it is ridiculous. Yet they do.
I don't mean this as an insult, but this has some incel-in-the-making kinda vibe. Break ups suck, and I wish you the very best with healing, but when it comes to heartbreak women don't have the monopoly on that shit. They get their hearts broken too, if not more. Just take your time on healing, pick up on some hobbies like reading books or taking hikes, or hitting the gym as have been suggested, but warning to the wise: beware of falling into some incel rabbit hole. I've seen folks falling into that shit and never went back to normal.

Nobody_Important

I don't mean this as an insult, but this has some incel-in-the-making kinda vibe. Break ups suck, and I wish you the very best with healing, but when it comes to heartbreak women don't have the monopoly on that shit. They get their hearts broken too, if not more. Just take your time on healing, pick up on some hobbies like reading books or taking hikes, or hitting the gym as have been suggested, but warning to the wise: beware of falling into some incel rabbit hole. I've seen folks falling into that shit and never went back to normal.
Also this. It is not women as a whole that have wronged you. It is just a single woman. There is no need to carry the bitterness with you and project it onto others. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because one of them sucked shit that all of them suck shit. Its how irrational hate and prejudice forms.

H4ze

Time heals all wounds my friend.
And don't let your bad thoughts now sour your hobbies.

Do the stuff you like anyway, so your brain can make new memories and at some point you will not think about your ex anymore when doing them. At least that helped me in a similar situation.

Or snort coke and fuck a midget, what do I know

M1chl

Since I am writing this from my pov of you, that way I am just writing my experience. Absolutely women suffer a lot from heartbreak. But I meant to express it. Like in a way I feel. Its tunnel vision. Incels say that about women, without ever touch one. So I hope the distinction is clear. Besides this fragility is my problem and always were. Despite me growing a lot, since my transplant, I didnt managed to set some shield.

GHG

Do you have friends outside of her?

Please don't tell me she made you cut contact with the friends you had before meeting her.

FUBARx89

It's complicated when you split up with someone and you didn't see it coming. It's like a form of grieving I was told at the time which is right, a huge part of your life is gone and it does take time to accept that and gradually start to move on.

You need to find something to occupy your mind with, to try try and avoid you sitting there just drowning in memories.

What hobbies have you got? Have you ever tried sea fishing? That's quite relaxing (I found anyway). Got anything you and your mates could do? Or even mates online such as playing a game with them? You need to do something to get you thinking of other things.

Try to avoid drinking large amounts of beer or whatever, it doesn't help and it just makes things worse tbh. There's absolutely no shame in going to see your Doctor if you're really struggling mental wise with it. So don't be afraid to go that route.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Even thought you might not feel like it, go out and do stuff.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Many of us have weathered some painful breakups and come out stronger. I've gone through a couple of these (thought these girls was the 'one', man), and it made me grow in ways I never expected. Don't let this setback shake your self-esteem; you're going to be okay. Just give it time, and appreciate the time you truly now have for yourself.

Not much more to add since this thread is chock-full of wisdom already.

Keep your chin up, M1chl M1chl ; Sending you all the positive vibes.

Also remember this: you're the goddamn Gif and Meme Champion, son.

Last edited:

M1chl

Do you have friends outside of her?

Please don't tell me she made you cut contact with the friends you had before meeting her.
I do and I actively talking with them, but its at this point bigger than me.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

I do and I actively talking with them, but its at this point bigger than me.

Ok that's good. Lean on your support network as much as you need to, everyone cares about you more than you realise so don't be afraid to open up to people and spend more time with them than usual.

Time is the greatest healer, you've just got to find an effective way of using however much time you need to heal.

M1chl

Ok that's good. Lean on your support network as much as you need to, everyone cares about you more than you realise so don't be afraid to open up to people and spend more time with them than usual.

Time is the greatest healer, you've just got to find an effective way of using however much time you need to heal.
I feel like I am too old, I hope there are people out there for me, non-friend wise. Alright gym tomorrow. Hope those bros are as cool as people are saying they are.

• Strength
Reactions: GHG

Mozart36

Neo Member
I don't want to sound negative or anything, but by my experience, if it was real, it wont really go away. The pain will still be there in a year, two, three, .... Ofcourse not with that intensity you feel now. There are already some good tips that will help you slowly blunt and wrap the pain, but it will still be stucked in you no matter what you'll do or how much time will past :(
Btw. I always hated the saying "Time will heal you". That is stupid. Time will do shit. It is all YOU! Your struggle day by day, week by week, month by month. That is what will make you get through the worst part eventually. YOU

M1chl

I don't want to sound negative or anything, but by my experience, if it was real, it wont really go away. The pain will still be there in a year, two, three, .... Ofcourse not with that intensity you feel now. There are already some good tips that will help you slowly blunt and wrap the pain, but it will still be stucked in you no matter what you'll do or how much time will past :(
Btw. I always hated the saying "Time will heal you". That is stupid. Time will do shit. It is all YOU! Your struggle day by day, week by week, month by month. That is what will make you get through the worst part eventually. YOU
I know, that's the shitty part of this.

Doczu

Hit the gym or go cycling. If i remember correctly you're Czech, so you got nice sights to see.

Find a new hobby that won't remind you of her. Anything goes.

Meer up with friends. Yoy do have some, right?

If that doesn't help, then seeing a psychologist might help you cope with the break up.

Don't mop around or this mindset will escalate. You need a goal mindset now and your goal is to be happy again

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I don't know if it has already been said or not but do not, I repeat do not, under any circumstances harass/randomly contact your ex-gf. It never goes the way we think it will and we always feel bad at the end and are back to square one again. At best she will respond neutrally to you and will try to get the call/meet over as soon as possible and at worst she may just flip out at you and say things that will hurt you really bad.

If you just go no contact, it will be great for your recovery and will also make her think that you are really level-headed and strong. There is a high chance that after a while she will start thinking you were a real catch and come back (at which point you should say no, who knows you will have another gf by then).

So go no-contact, hit the gym and focus on yourself. That's the fastest way to come out of this. Do not call, beg, harass or wallow in self-pity. It's done and you are strong. The world is yours for the taking.

Last edited:

GHG

Time does heal you because in creating new fresh positive/happy memories the old memories of anguish become more and more distant as time moves forward (and more memories occupy the space in between). It's how our brains work, it treats time on a relative basis.

That doesn't mean sit there idly and wait though, it means get out there and fill the time you have as well as possible. It's important to be occupied and occupy your mind as much as possible so that you don't have the time or the engery to think about the overwhelming negative thoughts that you might be experiencing during a time like the one the OP describes.

That's why, despite it almost reaching meme like status, "hit the gym bro" is one of the most effective things you can do. During intense exercise everything becomes activated, your brain, your nervous system and your body. It's also a great stress reliever. Don't underestimate the impact of endorphins.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member

I've gone through a bad breakup, deaths in the family, and also drug withdrawals. It's incredible how similar they all feel.

And all of them take time to process. Dont try to "make it go away", it'll only prolong the feelings you're trying to run from. Let yourself feel what you're feeling. You're in mourning and experiencing grief. It will get better.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
You have to be sad brother, be sad. Be heart broken. Then the body must help the mind heal, so put the body to work.

Get in shape, feels good when positive transformation happens.

And Im gonna tell you what I tell every friend, man or woman, once you start feeling better it’s time to fuck the bad memories away. Go get that va jay jay or whatever you like, dating apps or your colleagues, doesn’t matter. Your life isn’t over, go live it.

M1chl

Hit the gym, go on dates, find new activities, hiking, make new friends

Why the breakup tho?
I freak out one time and it was sudden, I have gad something that happens, she was in the room and simply next day she was like I don't want this. So it was pretty cruel from her. Especially when I was helping her from depressions many times.

M1chl

She seems like the type that's going to come back when your life is doing great out of nowhere. Just don't take her back. (I know from experience)
I have the same feel, only thing which sucks right now, the feeling of emptiness and anxiety. I am aware, this day at least that it is the biggest deal.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
That sucks, man. Like anything else, though, just allow yourself the proper time to pull through.

And going forward, consider dating multiple women before you get all-in attached to only one.

"Oneitis" is real.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Go be with family and friends. Find other things to do. Let it build strength in yourself. And when you feel the urge to be with that other person, find a way to improve yourself.

M1chl

That sucks, man. Like anything else, though, just allow yourself the proper time to pull through.

And going forward, consider dating multiple women before you get all-in attached to only one.

"Oneitis" is real.
I hate how this is true, that man can't find balance without side bitch : D I am already preparing for hook up so lets hope I won't cry there, thankfully I don't look bad. I was kept in shape.

I'm late to this thing, but is OP feeling better, 3 weeks or 1 month past?

Nothing that is good lasts forever but take solace in knowing that nothing that is bad lasts forever either.

It doesn't seem like those were such good times other than the fact you both felt you needed each other in a rough patch and didn't want to be alone. My advice that I learnt the hard way years and years ago: don't look for people that need you, specifically look for people that don't need you (independent, etc) and still choose to be with you, and then be able to think what they actually need in their lives coming from you, which is different than what they think they want, and what you think you want to give them (see, that's projection). Usually though, if you want a shortcut here, women are sick of routine, their own obligations and basically want to be entertained, do stuff (usually outside) and have fun. If you manage to strike a good balance it's on. But never compromise your mojo.

Taking the laws of the market at heart, both men and women want what's harder for them to attain. The conundrum is that we usually want someone to bring home, girls want someone to go out of home with. For us a girl to bring home is the hard part, for them a guy that does stuff with them, that actually interest them and is not routine is the hard part. Checks out.

You're clearly a giver, so don't pick people that are ok with just receiving. Either be reluctant to give so soon (or rather, if you're hurt when things don't move forward, then you're not ready to give as much; you're putting yourself in a vulnerable position after all), or, if you want to turn the book on it's head, you can do the opposite, you give early on, but if the person doesn't give back (meaning she's ok with just receiving) you move on and don't go back (in these cases they'll chase you when the giving stops, but you've seen that they basically want a satellite guy). Don't be manipulated, read actions and not intents, words, musings... Worded language is useless, what matters is what people do after they mumble their stuff.

Good luck.
Ahhhh, the illusion of choice.

That's one way to do it, but not the only one, you can also do it with just self esteem knowing your worth and being on top of your game, or... you can pull it out in an online messaging service, you speak/juggle with multiple *ehem* girls, even if only one of them is a target, the rest can be just friends of yours or something and you're catching up, not exactly trying to woo them or flirt. You basically want several conversations at once, so the conversation you're having with that girl you want is not centerpiece/all you care about. That way you don't come off as needy, nor are you playing ping pong guessing timings. And you catch up with friends of yours to know how's their life's so it's a win-win situation.

Anyway, illusion of choice is needed, but be aware of it's caveats as well. People with illusion of choice tend to not make decisions. Force yourself to do some decisions, always. And don't go for low hanging fruit with issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom