• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

impirius

Master Shake said:
Holy shit, I just noticed....

someone changed my tag to "Got penis?" instead of "Got pens?". Now it's ****ing lame, thanks a lot ASSHOLES!!!! ;)
It's called "foreshadowing".

In other words, you're getting a bag of penis this Christmas.

jenov4

Heheh, I just want to be a part of this thread.

Did anyone on GAF even think you were still a chick after that Meet the Juniors thread??

Boogie

jenov4 said:
Heheh, I just want to be a part of this thread.

Did anyone on GAF even think you were still a chick after that Meet the Juniors thread??

No. Which is why his need to create this thread is all the more baffling.

Ichirou

Banned
Angels of a Wing sounds really disturbed...I wouldn't get on this guy's bad side, he seems like one of those dorks that snaps and kills his entire family. :\

Ichirou_Oogami said:
Angels of a Wing sounds really disturbed...I wouldn't get on this guy's bad side, he seems like one of those dorks that snaps and kills his entire family. :\

And then cooks a turkey dinner for his doll collection.

Angels of a Wing said:
Opps, Their I go again with the spelling. The words I bracketed where done wrong on purpose since I have a tendcy to get them wrong consistantly even when I'm trying not too.

I think the problem with a lot of my male characters was they they where too sterotypical and didn't have enough emotinal depth. At first when it was just the two characters they shared 50/50 screen time. Later after the game reset I had three characters one male and two female. The male was supposted to be the main character but it didn't take long before both of the female characters stared to overshadow him simply becuse they where more intresting to write.

I've always been a bit wierd by our societys standards anyhow. Or at least it seems that way. I grew up the outcast in school just for being somewhat different and I've never really had more then a few friends.

Guys are supposted to like sports and for the most part in general I HATE sports with the exception of going to see a live game once in a blue moon.

Guys are supposted to like Cars and yet I can't tell the difference between the makes what so ever. Say I'm out with a friend and they go "Wow look at the Chev." I don't have a clue which car on the street that is unless they point it out.

Guys are supposted to like Beer and drinking. I HATE beer and I refuse to drink no matter how often people in my family offer.

Guys aren't suppost to cry. I've balled like a baby from some of my favorite movies and games or when I've lost a job. I'm a guy and yet I don't see myself as really forfilling my gender role as set by society.

I know the above at generalizations but that's how the world was presented to me throught the media and school.

So emo. Time to write some shitty poem.

aoi tsuki

Ichirou_Oogami said:
How 'bout "Angels on a Wing... of a Plane Full of Snakes!" or just "Angels on a Plane"?

Let's face it, besides Elyssa DeJour and the random Jr. vixens of the month, there are no females on GAF

I'm so sorry, Pheonix Dark :*(

Not really....

sky

Angels of a Wing said:
Guys aren't suppost to cry.
emo4lr.jpg

Ichirou

Banned
Master Shake said:
Let's face it, besides Elyssa DeJour and the random Jr. vixens of the month, there are no females on GAF

I'm so sorry, Pheonix Dark :*(

Not really....

can we really be sure that Alyssa DeJour is a woman? Angels of a Wing's deception has left me shattered and untrusting.

aoi tsuki

Ichirou_Oogami said:
can we really be sure that Alyssa DeJour is a woman? Angels of a Wing's deception has left me shattered and untrusting.
Tommie Hu$tle introduced her to GAF, and i've been reading her blog since before she posted a picture of herself. If she's really a guy, she went through a hell of a lot of trouble to maintain her persona, and is doing a hell of a job.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fifty said:
I'd be afraid to go near him.

Plus, I don't beat transgender confused text-based RPG players up.
Fine, I'll take one for the team and kick his ass.

Ichirou

Banned
aoi tsuki said:
Tommie Hu$tle introduced her to GAF, and i've been reading her blog since before she posted a picture of herself. If she's really a guy, she went through a hell of a lot of trouble to maintain her persona, and is doing a hell of a job.

Your sarcasm meter must be out of whack. :/

Matt_C

Yeesh, just let the Angel's on a Wing dude be.

He needs some male bonding. Just watch some Brian's Song guys and you would get emotional too.

Give him some advice on women and say it is okay to be a male nerd. He should take some human sexuality class and even have some gay friends. One of the best friends I had was a gay black man. He is pretty huge, plays some mean street fighter, enjoys laccross, knows more about the Star Wars galaxy than most of you, and can administer your network. He is so secure in his manhood that he is not into 'sissy boys' since if he wanted somebody feminine, he would date a chick.

He was a mans man and he advocated bonding. No I did not engage any sexual activity but he was an inspiration to say "I am a man and proud of it!"

With his guidence, I am more aware about my masculinity and would not want to trade it for the world.

Even though he moved away, his memory is always with me and I am more open to make friends with other guys.

Besides, girls are far more cuter to be with and they are soft and squishy.

Angels on a Wing, just put your chin up and be proud that you do not menstruate.

If my handle was changed to Mrs. Featherbottom, I would wear it with pride dammit. Like the old Cash song "A Boy named Sue" by Shel Sivlerstien.

Lhadatt

Angels of a Wing said:
It's there. Pronouce the spelling with me - "TEE AECH EA ARE EA."

There:
dictionary.com said:
there Audio pronunciation of "there" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thâr)
adv.

1. At or in that place: sit over there.
2. To, into, or toward that place: wouldn't go there again.
3. At that stage, moment, or point: Stop there before you make any more mistakes.
4. In that matter: I can't agree with him there.

pron.

1. Used to introduce a clause or sentence: There are numerous items. There must be another exit.
2. Used to indicate an unspecified person in direct address: Hello there.

adj.

1. Used especially for emphasis after the demonstrative pronoun that or those, or after a noun modified by the demonstrative adjective that or those: That person there ought to know the directions to town.
2. Nonstandard. Used for emphasis between a demonstrative adjective meaning “that” or “those” and a noun: No one is sitting at that there table. Them there beans ought to be picked.

n.

That place or point: stopped and went on from there.

interj.

Used to express feelings such as relief, satisfaction, sympathy, or anger: There, now I can have some peace!

[Middle English, from Old English thr, thr. See to- in Indo-European Roots.]

Usage Note: The standard rule states that when the pronoun there precedes a verb such as be, seem, or appear, the verb agrees in number with the following grammatical subject: There is a great Italian deli across the street. There are fabulous wildflowers in the hills. There seems to be a blueberry pie cooking in the kitchen. There seem to be a few trees between the green and me. Nonetheless, it is common in speech for the contraction there's to be used when technically a plural verb is called for, as in There's a couple of good reasons for going. The Usage Panel dislikes this construction, however. Seventy-nine percent reject the sentence There's only three things you need to know about this book. But when there's is followed by a compound subject whose first element is singular, the Panel feels differently: 56 percent accept the sentence In each of us there's a dreamer and a realist, and an additional 32 percent accept it in informal usage. The Panel is even more accepting of the sentence When you get to the stop light, there's a gas station on the left and a grocery store on the right; 58 percent accept it in formal use, while an additional 37 percent accept it in informal use. Although this usage would seem to violate the rules of subject and verb agreement, the attraction of the verb to the singular noun phrase following it is so strong that it is difficult to avoid the construction entirely. ·There may be used as an intensive adjective when placed after a noun preceded by that, but it is considered nonstandard to place there between that and the noun. Thus that there dress is not an acceptable substitute for that dress there. This here is similarly considered nonstandard.

Their:
dictionary.com said:
their Audio pronunciation of "their" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (thâr)
adj. The possessive form of they.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: their accomplishments; their home town.
2. Usage Problem. His, her, or its: “It is fatal for anyone who writes to think of their sex” (Virginia Woolf). See Usage Note at he1. See Usage Note at they.

[Middle English, from Old Norse theira, theirs. See to- in Indo-European Roots.]

Now, please... just STOP POSTING until you obtain a spellchecker and lose the inflated self-importance. We don't care about you here.

krypt0nian said:
You guys know that if he finds out where you live, you are all dead. :lol

He is that scary. He is like Olimario before GAF/OA corrupted him.

Oh please like I'd ever actually hurt somebody like that.... Or would I? :D *lol*
Seriosuly if someone makes fun of you on the internet most of the time you just laugh it of since it's no big deal. Text just dosn't have the same effect words can in real life.

Even if they where right about what my former user name meant wouldn't Angel's Wing be the most correct translation then... Or at least that's what they where saying.

Matt C you Rock! You're easily one of the nicest people on Gaf bar none! I wish my friends wheren't busy with school/work or in another town over so I could hang out with them more often.

Matt_C

Angels of a Wing said:
Matt C you Rock! You're easily one of the nicest people on Gaf bar none! I wish my friends wheren't busy with school/work or in another town over so I could hang out with them more often.

Subaru1.jpg

Thanks dude for your comments. Seriously, having a fan is freaking awesome. You should see my posts more often. It is about time I got some kudos for posting in GAF. Seriously, have your friends try to apply for accounts and what not.

My not so secret secret of being cool on an online forum is just act the way you do in public since nothing is more public than the Internet. Another advice is looking at the spoilers in non fictional topics such as this.

The best way to find a girlfriend is to just be yourself and do not take her to the movies unless she is a film buff. Just take her to dinner and just get to know her. If she is into anime and does not make you barf; go for it but please do not put her in a pedastol. Just treat her like you would treat another human being with respect and dignity. Having a nice g/f changes a lot of things, even your perspective on what being a man is. Besides, Nikki made this avatar from one of her pictures of us.

I come into this topic expecting some kind of a "genius" move from the OP and instead I get an RPG geek who nobody knows on this board. Dude if you wanted tips on being a chick, some of us (not me) were just a PM away....

Matt_C

masochist said:
Do you guys think I am a girl or a guy?

From your avatar's shaddow, I think you are a wolf. :lol

I do not care if you are a guy and a girl as long as you have the sense of humor on my reply

Ichirou

Banned
Angels of a Wing said:
Oh please like I'd ever actually hurt somebody like that.... Or would I? :D *lol*
Seriosuly if someone makes fun of you on the internet most of the time you just laugh it of since it's no big deal. Text just dosn't have the same effect words can in real life.

Even if they where right about what my former user name meant wouldn't Angel's Wing be the most correct translation then... Or at least that's what they where saying.

Matt_C said:
Subaru1.jpg

Thanks dude for your comments. Seriously, having a fan is freaking awesome. You should see my posts more often. It is about time I got some kudos for posting in GAF. Seriously, have your friends try to apply for accounts and what not.

My not so secret secret of being cool on an online forum is just act the way you do in public since nothing is more public than the Internet. Another advice is looking at the spoilers in non fictional topics such as this.

The best way to find a girlfriend is to just be yourself and do not take her to the movies unless she is a film buff. Just take her to dinner and just get to know her. If she is into anime and does not make you barf; go for it but please do not put her in a pedastol. Just treat her like you would treat another human being with respect and dignity. Having a nice g/f changes a lot of things, even your perspective on what being a man is. Besides, Nikki made this avatar from one of her pictures of us.

I'll defenilty have to take the time to read your posts more often.

I would try and have my friends apply for accounts except for the fact that most of them either aren't online very much or at all in the case of one who's computer has crapped out on em.

I've never really had any luck with the ladies. Every girl I've tried to ask one out or was about to ask they already had a boyfriend. I actually found out once just seconds before I was going to ask her out (while I was working up the courage to do so) which I admit didn't feel as bad as being shot down.

It dosn't help that it's pretty hard to meet people around here since there is almost nothing of intrest in this town for people our age to go too most of the time. At least not if you don't drink. One of my friends likes to go to bars but frankly I hate them since they are about as boring as watching paint dry and the food their is always overpriced.

Ugh I probally won't be going back to school until September 2007 at this rate since I'm pretty much too late to sign up for this September. It's not easy making up your mind and there's too much money involved to go if you're not sure.

I'm actually kind of worried since I've never even had a date yet at my age. Some of the guys here on Gaf complain that they can't get laid, Well at least most of them can probally get a girl to go out to dinner with them!!!

One of the frustrating things about high school was that I was in Drama and we had a class that was like 28 girls and 2 guys. Well basiclly instead of seeing me as potential boyfriend material, they basiclly saw me as simply a "safe guy friend".

Their's a girl at work who's around my age who's kind of cute, and she's pretty nice to me as well. But I get the feeling that she's already taken, plus she only works their during the summer before she goes back to collage somewhere really far away.

You know Matt I always wonder what game your avatar is playing.

Master Shake said:
:lol :lol :lol Can I resell them on eBay? o_O

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....
You sold the pens on Ebay?!
You were supposed to give them back to your father USED!!
Then post pics on GAF for comedy. Way to ruin CHRISTMAS!

*Runs away crying*

iceDragon7 said:
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.....
You sold the pens on Ebay?!
You were supposed to give them back to your father USED!!
Then post pics on GAF for comedy. Way to ruin CHRISTMAS!

*Runs away crying*
No, I used every single on of those ****ers until sometime in March :/

I'll just buy him a new pack

Red Scarlet

Lhadatt said:
Now, please... just STOP POSTING until you obtain a spellchecker and lose the inflated self-importance. We don't care about you here.

Won't a spellchecker not count there/their since they are spelled correctly? Just not being used correctly?

Master Shake said:
You mean your brother, right? o_O

No I meant my sister. I was the only guy in my generation of our family (with 4 female cousin two yonger and two older) until my oldest cousin got married.

And honestly most of my spelling errors are slips where I use the wrong word but it's still a word spelt right. Like Fallow. Spell check is going to help that how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom