• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Umihara Kawase games have been delisted from Steam

Eolz

To be fair, I still like the 3DS game and find it fun despite its problems.
Still worth it if you can't get other versions.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
To be fair, I still like the 3DS game and find it fun despite its problems.
Still worth it if you can't get other versions.
Yeah, if you can't get the other ones the 3DS version is fine. I had a lot of fun with it before the other two existed. I probably own every version of Sayonara now. lol

Eolz

Sayonara seems to still be on Playism as well for now.
Hope we get some updates from the devs sooner than later.

I talked to Limited Run Games on twitter, they'd still be interested in releasing a physical English Vita version if the license situation allows. I hope it ends up in good hands.

kagamin

Damn... I was so hooked on these games and bought each and everyone of them as they released, but seriously I feel bad for Agatsuma and the people who didn't get to buy the games ;-;

Gameboy415

I really hope Humble can come through with the Steam codes!

Even if they don't, I've still pretty much got all my bases covered:

Umihara Kawase for Super Famicom - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Shun (original version) for PS1 - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Portable for PSP - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition for Nintendo DS - Just ordered a CIB copy on Amazon! :D
Yumi's Odd Odyssey for Nintendo 3DS - bought at launch
Sayonara Umihara Kawase + for PS Vita - bought yesterday (12/31)

I might grab physical copies of the 3DS/Vita games too but it's not a huge priority.

Developers/Publishers really need to start doing a better job about warning us about their games being de-listed!! :(

120v

always wanted to try one of these games. when i saw it on steam i was like "oh neat, wishlisted"

wasn't exactly dying to play it, but damn. hope it finds its way back on there somehow

cxqewoyw8aaddfrgnpbi.jpg

Glad to have snagged the Steam trilogy and Vita version, but fingers crossed they come back in some form or another as delisting games sucks.

Bog

Junior Ace
I wonder if everyone who just rushed out to buy these is now actually hoping they do get delisted.

Eolz

I'm sure it'll get re-listed this year, the problem is probably finding a western publisher. For PC, I'm sure Playism or Degica could help. Probably harder for PSN/eshop.

I really hope Humble can come through with the Steam codes!

Even if they don't, I've still pretty much got all my bases covered:

Umihara Kawase for Super Famicom - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Shun (original version) for PS1 - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Portable for PSP - bought when I lived in Japan
Umihara Kawase Shun Second Edition for Nintendo DS - Just ordered a CIB copy on Amazon! :D
Yumi's Odd Odyssey for Nintendo 3DS - bought at launch
Sayonara Umihara Kawase + for PS Vita - bought yesterday (12/31)

I might grab physical copies of the 3DS/Vita games too but it's not a huge priority.

Developers/Publishers really need to start doing a better job about warning us about their games being de-listed!! :(

Wow, that's a great list, especially the first edition of Shun! Pretty tempted to try the DS version in the future.

Dragoshi1

Bought the Vita version thanks to this thread, was always curious about this game. Level 4 of the main 3D mode is killing me, though. I don't think I grasp the hook mechanics fully.

Eolz

I don't know if this needs reiterating but the 3DS version will not be delisted as it was published by natsume

I don't think this has been said in the thread already actually.
Thanks, should be added to the OP!
Good news. Would be great if they could at least take care of the vita version then.

So it seems like even though you've bought the game from Humble keys can be exhausted? So what, it's whoever activates keys first in that sense? That's ridiculous. They'll be able to generate more keys, I hope?

I've never heard about this series before, but this thread made me interested. Sub'd in case these games get relisted in the future.

Tizoc

I don't think this has been said in the thread already actually.
Thanks, should be added to the OP!
Good news. Would be great if they could at least take care of the vita version then.
Well this thread was for the pc release but ill update the first post when i get home

Bought the the trilogy from humblebundle two and a half days ago now and still no key. 30 dollars down the drain ;-;

By my luck by the time they get keys up they will be back up for 15 dollars.

Eusis

Shit, totally missed this?

Any way to get the trilogy on steam?
Hoping for a relisting or figuring out how to steal someone's account I suppose. Glad I wasn't feeling too miserly when that $15 deal popped up!

Well, hoping someone's just sitting on gift copies is an option too, but I suspect if you don't personally know them it's going to be pricy, and even then.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bought the day it was delisted from Humble Store but didn't redeem it because I was out of town.

Now I don't have a key! Woot.

HotHamBoy

I'm looking at the Vita game on PSN. Is this game really worth $20? It kind of looks like ass but I know it has a cult following. I'd hate to miss out if it really is great but I also don't really need to spend $20 on another video game right now... the holiday sales loaded me up and my backlog is already huge.

Baust

Bought the day it was delisted from Humble Store but didn't redeem it because I was out of town.

Now I don't have a key! Woot.

Same and I reached out to Humble Support on Twitter asking if we'll be getting keys or a refund.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm looking at the Vita game on PSN. Is this game really worth $20? It kind of looks like ass but I know it has a cult following. I'd hate to miss out if it really is great but I also don't really need to spend $20 on another video game right now... the holiday sales loaded me up and my backlog is already huge.

There's a whole thread going over this, really. But...

It's a very faithful sequel to a game that is pretty easy to get wrong, going by some of the old ports and sequels. It's got a quirky bit or personality to it, very solid physics / trickery based gameplay that's fun and rewarding to master.

If that's not enough for you, it also contains the SNES original that never had international release until just recently.

If you can appreciate the fact they're no-frills games that do very well at what they intend to do, than you'll probably like them. If you want more modern-style, heavy bang-for-your-buck gaming, you might be better served elsewhere.

Seek out the Gamecenter CX or YouTube plays of people playing, to see if the gameplay, music, or quirky personality appeal to you.

HotHamBoy

There's a whole thread going over this, really. But...

It's a very faithful sequel to a game that is pretty easy to get wrong, going by some of the old ports and sequels. It's got a quirky bit or personality to it, very solid physics / trickery based gameplay that's fun and rewarding to master.

If that's not enough for you, it also contains the SNES original that never had international release until just recently.

If you can appreciate the fact they're no-frills games that do very well at what they intend to do, than you'll probably like them. If you want more modern-style, heavy bang-for-your-buck gaming, you might be better served elsewhere.

Seek out the Gamecenter CX or YouTube plays of people playing, to see if the gameplay, music, or quirky personality appeal to you.

Hmm. Core gameplay is what matters most to me. For $20 I would like a decent length or high replayability, though. Like I said, I just might like the game a lot, but my backlog is massive and I don't know that I want to spend another $20 on games right now. The only reason I'm even considering it is because of the looming delisting.

@MUWANdo

Banned
If you enjoy it then you'll naturally spend a lot of time replaying it to clear all the stages and better your times (not to mention competing on the leaderboards) but it doesn't give you much else to do beyond that and when the 3DS version was released there were complaints from more than a few people who "beat the game in 20 minutes" (read: reached one ending on the dead-easy route and missed most of the game).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sorry guys, we were asked to delist the title as well. No more getting the game on Playism. :(

Top Bottom