• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wait is over - First PS3 Ad

HomShaBom

Banned
Amir0x said:
yeah youtube is dead for everyone, seemingly

google took it down to remove all copyright infringed work!

CTSHANG1.GIF

Amir0x said:

Really? And here I was thinking it was my connection. That's gonna mess up alot of sites - I didn't even know Google owned YouTube.

Deku

Banned
The black and red theme does irk me, even if its immaterial and only the domain of fans and anti-fans.

Black and Red has strong pop cultural connotations of evil empires, or just plain evil especially when associated with technology (red light sabers, HAL's red LED etc). I'm sure its not intentional but I guess Sony is embracing it.

Dahbomb

Amir0x said:

WTF... how will I watch my illegally uploaded anime episodes now? :(

Deku said:
The black and red theme does irk me, even if its immaterial and only the domain of fans and anti-fans.

Black and Red has strong pop cultural connotations of evil empires, or just plain evil especially when associated with technology (red light sabers, HAL's red LED etc). I'm sure its not intentional but I guess Sony is embracing it.
What? You don't like EVIL???

Amir0x

Banned
the ad does a good job at conveying that this event should be considered 'big' by anyone interested in gaming, but it's just sort of uninteresting

artist

Banned
Maridia said:
Wow, domination of post-rock loving nine-year-old demographic confirmed. Brilliant. Reminds me of the way they locked down dustball fetishists with the PSP. Anyone have time to do a parody? I'll save you the conceptual stage. Kid looking at sky.

THE WAIT IS OVER

11/17/06

PLAYSTATION 3

*cut back to skygazing third-grader. it starts raining*

$600 US DOLLARS

*kid cries*
:lol LMFAO :lol

Mr Jared

Hey kids, don't jump off your roof. The Playstation 3 won't be $599 forever.

. . . Right?

*Stands on roof*

Edit: Actually, I think I may be right. This commercial reaks of Japanese suicide pact. They all set their alarms at the exact same time to go stand on the roof and acknowledge one another? HMMM. . .

guise

Wow, even the 360's 'jump in' ads were much better then this trash, sony is usually on the ball with marketing... well at least it has been on the PSP.

I assume this sucks so bad because its a teaser commercial, and that later ones properly advertising the console will be better

Quite the departure from all their previous launch campaigns. I dont like it. Its been said already but too much spiderman. Hopefully the continuation has more focus on the system and games. BTW best launch or game ad ever was nintendos mario theater ad from a couple years back. my god.

RumFore

Banned
I wonder if thats Sony's sly way getting the word out to pack up your shit and go camp in front of BestBuy or Circuity a few weeks early.:lol

Lain

I liked it.
It had the perfect feeling of "starting a new exciting adventure" in it.
And i don't think those were clouds forming the number 3.

gbovo

HowardMoon said:
Wow, even the 360's 'jump in' ads were much better then this trash, sony is usually on the ball with marketing... well at least it has been on the PSP.

I assume this sucks so bad because its a teaser commercial, and that later ones properly advertising the console will be better
wtfkid915.gif

Top Bottom