• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 releasing October 14th on PS4 and Xbox One

Were people really not expecting $30 each?

Why would they not be $30 each? The 360 and PS3 physical versions of season 1 were the same price.

Not trying to thread crap but aren't these basically flash animation type games?
What benefit would it have on the PS4/Xbone?

328.gif

Excuse me?

Nori Chan

30 dollars? LMAO. Fuck that. Hello Redbox.

Will my 360 save transfer? No way I can remember all of the choice I did for season 1.

mike4001_

Regarding the low-polygon graphics with "cartoony" textures I really do not see the benefit of a next gen version.

Of course loading times will be better and the image will look a little sharper.

But I don´t see anyone buying this if he has the "old-gen" versions.

icespide

Banned
Regarding the low-polygon graphics with "cartoony" textures I really do not see the benefit of a next gen version.

Of course loading times will be better and the image will look a little sharper.

But I don´t see anyone buying this if he has the "old-gen" versions.

I don't have any last gen consoles hooked up anymore and I would like to play season 2

Zimmy68

Excuse me?

Maybe I should rephrase because when I meant "flash animation", I meant what most animated shows use, not web based games.

WD looks (to me) the exact same whether it is on the Vita, iPad, PS3, or a high end PC.
Probably because of it's 2D style.

So forgetting about my "flash" comment, would a next gen version be any better?
I can see them doing it for people who own the PSN version and want to play it on the PS4 for free, but that is it.

icespide

Banned
Maybe I should rephrase because when I meant "flash animation", I meant what most animated shows use, not web based games.

WD looks (to me) the exact same whether it is on the Vita, iPad, PS3, or a high end PC.

I can see them doing it for people who own the PSN version and want to play it on the PS4 for free, but that is it.

it runs pretty crappy on last gen, so hopefully even just by brute force it will run a lot better on the new consoles

Amir0x

Banned
I always wait to play for when all the episodes are out, so I hope I pleasantly discover that Season 2 is good and has none of the bugs the first season had (I didn't run into any of them in season 1, but apparently it was pretty prevalent so I don't want to push my luck).

$29.99 seems like a fair price to pay for this and, separately, Wolf.

Okay, your comment is forgiven, I think a PS4/ XBO version might/will be better if they improve the frame rate on those versions. This also goes for the wolf among us, Telltale needs to fix that stuff.

see5harp

Not trying to thread crap but aren't these basically flash animation type games?
What benefit would it have on the PS4/Xbone?

No way in hell I'm buying either of these for $30 but no. Last gen versions were perfectly playable but had some framerate hiccups and I don't even think they ran in 1080p.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy crap is that nuts! I got the season pass for Season 1 for US$20. I got the Season Pass for Season 2 on special a week ago for NZ$10. Both games are really good, but nowhere near US$30 each-good! Maybe if it'd been US$30 for both...

$30 each?

One of those rare cases where I'm not willing to double dip on a game I liked. Too me graphics/performance isn't a big deal on a game such as this. Were it a twitch shooter or open world I would be willing to pay the price.

The_Monk

people like you are the problem and the cause telltalle is doing this shady business

Well, to be fair it's his money and we should respect each other decisions in here. Value is subjective for every person, what might be too much for one, might be okay or even low for others. In the end it's all about different perspectives and respecting others.

On topic, I also own the First Season on PC and on the Vita and Season 2 on the PC so I don't know about getting them again, but I wonder if these will arrive in Europe, for curiosity sake.

There's probably a minimum cost they have to meet to justify the next gen production costs. Like how Trials Fusion PS4 had to include the season pass at retail.

coughlanio

I just got Season 2 on Vita for like, €8.99. I'd be tempted to pick these up though, I'm not 100% confident that Vita will see Season 3 if I'm being honest.

Honestly it should have been $40 for both together.

paying $30 for a game that has been on sale multiple times and is about to be 2 years old is ridiculous.

KinoTheMystic

Neo Member
I hope we get some sort of discount if we already bought it on last gen. Or that the episodes will also be released separately on current gen WITH saves transferring over, so I can just buy episodes 4 and then 5 when they are released.

It's going to really suck if saves dont transfer though. I really want my choices and I dont want to have to go through season 1 for the third time and also play episode 1 of season 2. I dont know how to tag a spoiler, so anyone who's played S2/Ep1 should know what scene I'm talking about, in the shed.

Anung

Un Rama
[tweet]https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/483702460100268033[/tweet]

Can't say I agree with Patrick here :/

Nethaniah

[tweet]https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/483702460100268033[/tweet]

Can't say I agree with Patrick here :/

No offence to Patrick but he can't view anything from a consumer position because he isn't in one, he's part of the games industry.

Montresor

Season One and Two were $25 full price on day one (episode one + season pass) last gen... How are they justifying the extra five dollars?

In a Telltale game?

Bwahahahahaha

Hey! The PS3 versions hit 60FPS!
on occasion...when you stare at a wall

Season One and Two were $25 full price on day one (episode one + season pass) last gen... How are they justifying the extra five dollars?

I came to be all "BUT IT'S 30 BUCKS FOR BOTH SEASONS!" then I realized it isn't and now I'm sad. Granted, 30 bucks is what the PS3/360 versions w/ 400 Days were...but yeah..I...I don't know. *sigh* Telltale.

Jawmuncher

Definitely weird that Walking Dead Season 1 is 30 as well and that they're individual.
A combo pack for 40 would have been better for everyone.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see it coming out on Ps4/X1, but $30 is a bit much for season one. Hell, you can get season two for less than that. $30 should have been the cost for both games.

I think I'll be sticking with my PC versions for now.

flkraven

This is coming out soon. Does anyone know if there will be a discount for those that bought everything last gen?

Top Bottom