• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 releasing October 14th on PS4 and Xbox One

Anung

Un Rama
Do these games have enough content to warrant be buying them both tomorrow full price? Never played any.

They are great games but no way are they worth this price. They are like 3 quid on steam and I imagine these versions will drop in price quickly.

Natiko

Banned
Are we seriously not going to get a save transfer? If the think this will force me into re-buying the first two seasons they're wrong, instead I won't be buying any future seasons.

jacobeid

Banned
I wonder if telltale will utilize the power of the new systems to make games that run without me thinking my system is fucked up from all the stuttering.

True life: I'm still salty about Telltale's shitty programming and the high marks the games gets. Shit shouldn't have passed cert with that level of performance.

The price seems a bit high considering you can easily pick up both games for $20 bucks each, making it $40 total. Then again, 10 dollar next-gen premium.

I wonder if telltale will utilize the power of the new systems to make games that run without me thinking my system is fucked up from all the stuttering.
PC version is pretty flawless. I was wondering what the issue was and then I got Wolf Among Us where no options loaded during one replay and I totally understand the optimization issues. I was laughing so hard though.
But yeah, I have no clue why the console versions are so buggy compared to the PC version.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Could anyone with the game post how the performance is on the PS4 version?

I've yet to play the series.

daemissary

I'm also interested in how the performance is on PS4 or XBO. Played both seasons already but they are so good that I wouldn't mind playing them again if it runs smoother on next gen.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm also interested in how the performance is on PS4 or XBO. Played both seasons already but they are so good that I wouldn't mind playing them again if it runs smoother on next gen.

A gamefaqs post said it was improved, but gave no other details.

Dominator

I'm playing on PS4 and just completed Episode 1. It's runs very smooth, and I didn't see any frame rate issues. I played it before on the 360 and that version was a mess so this is a much needed improvement.

Dominator

Weird. Our system said that Season 2 for PS4/XB1 doesn't come out until next Tuesday.
Thats because it is. Season 1 was this week and Season 2 is next.

Also I wish they would have made it seamless for the disc version, instead of having to watch the credits, next-on, and previously-on segments after each episode.

sense

this is obviously to take advantage of people that don't know any better to pick up the game at retail just because it says Walking Dead! People still pick up angry birds at retail at ridiculous prices... kinda sad....

Nzyme32

These games are so so good. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone looking for something different with great stories

Vashetti

Banned
Thats because it is. Season 1 was this week and Season 2 is next.

Also I wish they would have made it seamless for the disc version, instead of having to watch the credits, next-on, and previously-on segments after each episode.

That would take effort.

Finally got my hands on a PS4 copy and started playing tonight.

At some point in the first scene the game starts skipping dialog lines. I restarted a few times and it keeps happening. I know this isn't normal because I already played the first episode on PC.

Fucking Telltale man.

Dominator

Finally got my hands on a PS4 copy and started playing tonight.

At some point in the first scene the game starts skipping dialog lines. I restarted a few times and it keeps happening. I know this isn't normal because I already played the first episode on PC.

Fucking Telltale man.
Season 1 or 2? I did all 6 episodes of Season 1 and there were zero issues. Just beat Episode 1 of Season 2 and no issues there either. PS4 version.

Also Season 2 doesn't have a Platinum, which is weird. Tons of silvers.

lingpanda

Never played this game prior to picking it up on PS4. Just finished episode 2 season 1. Thoroughly enjoying it. I have no issues so far paying what I did as my only other option was playing on my Vita. Looking forward to completing season 1 and moving on to season 2.

Season 1 or 2? I did all 6 episodes of Season 1 and there were zero issues. Just beat Episode 1 of Season 2 and no issues there either. PS4 version.

Apparently I fooled myself into thinking there was a problem with the game. As it turns out, what I interpreted as skipped dialog lines was awkwardness in the conversation. Just a bad read on my part. I guess after playing The Last of Us, I need to readjust myself to these robotic animations (to be fair few studios compare to Naughty Dog in that regard) in order to decipher characters's emotions and intent.

Ridiculous pricing.

What are new Telltale games going to cost? $60 now?
I mean... Maybe? If they're ten hours long and I get a huge amount of enjoyment playing them - and if they actually put some more technical effort in, for the extra money they'll be charging - then that's not such a problem for me.

Having played season 1 when it came out on 360, and only now playing 2 on XBO, $25 is a steal.

sector4

I just finished Season 1 + 400 days, then went to start Season 2 and my save / decisions wouldn't carry over... So frustrating. Has any one else experienced that?

I just finished Season 1 + 400 days, then went to start Season 2 and my save / decisions wouldn't carry over... So frustrating. Has any one else experienced that?

Me too, same shit. Although I read somewhere that the game does recognize your season 1 save but it just gives that error nonetheless. But I really don't want to test it out and see if the choices I made are there...

netguy503

I guess publishers still think there are game shortages for the PS4 and XB1 so they charge premium prices..

I bought all three games (TWD S1,S2, and TWAU) and made all my money back trading them back to BBY with their 60% trade in bonus (with GCU) last week. :)

Cock of War

I have had the import savfile from S1 to S2 problem for about two weeks now. Looking at the Telltale support forums, it seems quite a few have the same problem:
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/85942/walking-dead-2-ps4-unable-to-find-save-from-season-1

I really enjoyed the first season and was looking forward to continuing my story in S2. It's a real bummer and there does not seem to be much feedback from Telltale about a patch or anything. This problem hasn't been mentioned in the media at all.
Maybe someone could create a thread for this issue here? So we could get some sort of response or ETA on a patch from Telltale.

sector4

Me too, same shit. Although I read somewhere that the game does recognize your season 1 save but it just gives that error nonetheless. But I really don't want to test it out and see if the choices I made are there...

I have had the import savfile from S1 to S2 problem for about two weeks now. Looking at the Telltale support forums, it seems quite a few have the same problem:
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/85942/walking-dead-2-ps4-unable-to-find-save-from-season-1

I really enjoyed the first season and was looking forward to continuing my story in S2. It's a real bummer and there does not seem to be much feedback from Telltale about a patch or anything. This problem hasn't been mentioned in the media at all.
Maybe someone could create a thread for this issue here? So we could get some sort of response or ETA on a patch from Telltale.
Yeah it's super frustrating... I'm happy to make a thread about it if it's a good idea to?

That's interesting that it may be working even though it says it isn't, I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah this is super annoying, I have already played season 2 on the 360 but on PS4 season 1 ran so much better I was looking forward to playing 2 again.
They are taking their sweet time with an update to this issue.

Cock of War

Yeah it's super frustrating... I'm happy to make a thread about it if it's a good idea to?

I think that would be a good idea. For me personally Season 2 is unplayable in the way they intended. I would feel really detached from the story if I just started season 2 with some random choices. That's basically a game breaking bug of sorts and I find it a bit worrying that it isn't being shouted of the rooftops.

Top Bottom