• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warhawk Beta Summer of Awesome (PS3)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
tha_con said:
So no word on the freezing huh? :lol

He posted this on the beta board:

To All BETA Testers:

We have been working on the stability issues that you all are experiencing and fixing it is of critical importance to the us!

As you all know, firmware 1.8 was released *right* before our BETA went live and, as you all can imagine, we did not have time to test the Public BETA with that version of the firmware. We had been testing it internally with version 1.7 and we were really happy with the stability -- occasional crashes but for the most part damn stable with servers running for days straight! -- certainly not the crash frequency that you all are experiencing :)

So...I would like to ask all of you to help us tonight with a coordinated test:

As you may have read here on the Warhawk BETA forums, some people have experienced more stable games when they disable the new media sharing feature of firmware 1.8. This can be done by going to the XMB under Settings --> Network Settings --> Media Server Connection --> Disable.

The team and I would like to request that as many of you as possible make this change tonight, play, and then report back in the morning about what you experienced. Was it better? Worse? Did your PS3 transform into a robot and destroy your apartment (anything is possible). If so, please take pictures of the robot and post them to the forums!

The more people that can help with this test the better!

If you are hosting a server tonight with this disabled, please start your server name with "MSC_off" so we and other players know if your server has the media server connection disabled.

I'll be running a server tonight with firmware version 1.7 so keep an eye out for a server named "FW_17_INCOGNITO_DEV".

Again, we would like to apologize for the annoying crashes and thanks to all of your help, we'll get these issues resolved. I've said this before but I'll say it again, this is a true public BETA -- not a game demo that we just call a BETA because BETAs are all the rage :)

Thank you all -- Good Luck Tonight!

-dylan
PSN Handle: "TheGoatAss"

B-Ri

tha_con said:

noobs

To All BETA Testers:

We have been working on the stability issues that you all are experiencing and fixing it is of critical importance to the us!

As you all know, firmware 1.8 was released *right* before our BETA went live and, as you all can imagine, we did not have time to test the Public BETA with that version of the firmware. We had been testing it internally with version 1.7 and we were really happy with the stability -- occasional crashes but for the most part damn stable with servers running for days straight! -- certainly not the crash frequency that you all are experiencing :)

So...I would like to ask all of you to help us tonight with a coordinated test:

As you may have read here on the Warhawk BETA forums, some people have experienced more stable games when they disable the new media sharing feature of firmware 1.8. This can be done by going to the XMB under Settings --> Network Settings --> Media Server Connection --> Disable.

The team and I would like to request that as many of you as possible make this change tonight, play, and then report back in the morning about what you experienced. Was it better? Worse? Did your PS3 transform into a robot and destroy your apartment (anything is possible). If so, please take pictures of the robot and post them to the forums!

The more people that can help with this test the better!

If you are hosting a server tonight with this disabled, please start your server name with "MSC_off" so we and other players know if your server has the media server connection disabled.

I'll be running a server tonight with firmware version 1.7 so keep an eye out for a server named "FW_17_INCOGNITO_DEV".

Again, we would like to apologize for the annoying crashes and thanks to all of your help, we'll get these issues resolved. I've said this before but I'll say it again, this is a true public BETA -- not a game demo that we just call a BETA because BETAs are all the rage :)

Thank you all -- Good Luck Tonight!

-dylan
PSN Handle: "TheGoatAss"

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Probably because thats something very hard to pinpoint?
From my experience there isnt a single source of the cause. Some said it was because of too many people on a server, yet i froze with not a single person in my server but me, also froze several times with 8 players on a server and have frozen on full 32 player servers.
Frozen in warhawks, turrets, on foot.
I do not envy the jobs of the coders trying to figure out whats causing it by going through logs, error reports and the like.

At any rate, im tired of the expectation that something like this is just like flicking a ****ing switch and can be fixed by flipping said switch.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
tha_con said:

There has been, I think Jobe's post about it was posted here earlier. Basically they're working on a patch for it, so hopefully it'll be out soon..

Ploid 3.0

I"m going to try turning off everything. PS1/2 game smothing, PS1/2 playback in normal (not upscaled), no true HD, no media streaming, no other 1.8 stuff. Going to jump on now to see how far I go. I have been lasting a long time lately though. Stopped playing with media streaming and no games in the drive. Might just be a fluke though.

Treo360

Okay I'm off to the gym so my server is up and running for you guys/gals. Look for mc_off_neogaf_server.

Let me know how it goes.

Ploid 3.0

gluv65 said:
Ploid 3.0, I liked the way last night(PSN backbreaker65) zone match, you were in the tank and you had troops surrounding you. You would fire the big artillery they would come in and wreak havoc on the small encampment. I tried so hard to kill you with an RPG and was capped from behind by one of your troops. You guys damn near had all the zones and it frooze. That was a great tactic you guys used for assaulting.

lol yea, I was the fragile monster that can reak havoc, only if they keep me alive though XD. Tanks are sick.

JB1981 said:
Mine's been off the whole time. Media streaming destroys my entire home network. It's buggy as hell.

Yup. I've noticed that too. I cannot stay signed in to the PSN with it on. It signs in and drops, signs in a drops.

JB1981

I'll put up a dedicated non-MCS server up for everyone.

Passworded (Believe) and all.

Everyone who joins disable your MCS functionality beforehand.

shit i forgot to password it lol

JB1981

Kinda neat that you can hear distant sounds of explosions and gunfire while your server is up

- holy shit people are dropping like flies. 6 dudes just dropped at the same time. but now the room is filling back up again.

man, some of these people have some really high pings too - 1388?

that lasted a whopping 16 minutes!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
Kinda neat that you can hear distant sounds of explosions and gunfire while your server is up

- holy shit people are dropping like flies. 6 dudes just dropped at the same time. but now the room is filling back up again.

ok, I created a Dedicated Server one called MSC_off (Welcome message reads: "Turn off the Media Server crap!) with 5 maps rotation, couple 10 mins TDMs/DMs, one 20mins CTF and a 25mins Zone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
I just put up a second one. NEOGAF_MSC_OFF

ranked dedicated server.

Never mind I already created mine (see edited post above)

How did u put a password? Ranked servers dont allow me to choose one.

spwolf

JB1981 said:

i was one of them :)...

I did not disable MCS though since i didnt read these new posts before hand...

I3rand0

If you're going to make a CTF server please make it so people who capture the flag cant use a warhawk, it really ruins the experience when they can just grab and go.

JB1981

I3rand0 said:
If you're going to make a CTF server please make it so people who capture the flag cant use a warhawk, it really ruins the experience when they can just grab and go.
I'm pretty sure I disabled that. Did you play on my server?

well one game finished!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JB1981 said:
I'm pretty sure I disabled that. Did you play on my server?

well one game finished!

I didnt check it on mine but I'm pretty sure it's off by default.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I3rand0 said:
Has anyone noticed any difference with MSC off? I haven't, I still lock up just as much.

I've played with it off since the beta was first available; still locks up as much as anyone else.

Ploid 3.0

So far i'm having a lot of luck with not freezing (jinxed myself). I left Treo360's server due to no ranking. I don't know why, but it's hard for me to play a game with no ranking now. + I wanted to see if the JP demo was up yet. Forgot it said June 1st. ><

Also I tried to turn off everything that was included in the firmware update that I could.

Ploid you stomped the hell outta me on the CTF game.....admittedly I had two kids yelling at me the whole time :(

Anyone else see the Warhawk Beta in the PSN Store again? I just checked the store and it showed the Warhawk Beta again.....but I thought things disappeared when you downloaded them?

Ploid 3.0

Arde0 said:
Ploid you stomped the hell outta me on the CTF game.....admittedly I had two kids yelling at me the whole time :(

Anyone else see the Warhawk Beta in the PSN Store again? I just checked the store and it showed the Warhawk Beta again.....but I thought things disappeared when you downloaded them?

lol yea, I didn't feel good about it seeing your [GAF] tag. Tough love and battlefield stuff. I had a good wingman also, and I found a new appreciation of mines, in CTF matches.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Arde0 said:

Not the free stuff.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
My server is still up after >40mins of activity, but few people are playing. Please join so that we can properly test this combination

Name: MSC_off_CHAT_off
Max players: 32
Ranked: No
Team kill: 0%
Voice chat: Off

finally played some long, consistant (read non-freezing), games today with a decent ping....just sucks that everyone is ****ing playing DM or TDM....and these people don't know WTF to do (>__<)

...will have to try the "disable media share" advice this evening....

SpudBud

AgentOtaku said:
finally played some long, consistant (read non-freezing), games today with a decent ping....just sucks that everyone is ****ing playing DM or TDM....and these people don't know WTF to do (>__<)

...will have to try the "disable media share" advice this evening....
We need more ranked CTF and zones!! The sony servers seem like they're always full.

Kittonwy

Banned
I might be on later tonight, still trying to get some work done.
Indifferent2.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TTP I'm gonna hop on your server in a min. I don't think I have your PSN id.

why is VC off? Doesn't that kill teamwork in ctf?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SpudBud said:
We need more ranked CTF and zones!! The sony servers seem like they're always full.

come here

Name: MSC_off_CHAT_off
Max players: 32
Ranked: No
Team kill: 0%
Voice chat: Off

Plenty of Zone and CTF in the map rotation. TDM are there, but last 10mins.

Server has been up and kickin' for an hour now. But no voice chat. I disabled it for testing purpose.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Y2Kev said:
TTP I'm gonna hop on your server in a min. I don't think I have your PSN id.

why is VC off? Doesn't that kill teamwork in ctf?

Yeah, but we are supposed to do some tests arent we? ;)

PSN ID: Bloody_Marcel

Treo360

Well I just monitored my server for about 25 minutes. I had 30 players (swift motionz was the only Gaffer on there) a total of 3 rounds were played for a total time of 1hr 10 minutes of CTF before it froze.

The highest ping that I allowed was about 300 (fluctuating between 280-333)

It was boring as hell as I make it dedicated and can't play nor watch. I booted about 5 people due to high ping (in the range of 400-700)

Now that it froze I can watch Apocalypto on BD now:lol

I'll start making ranked rooms for now on.

Also feedback on your room experience (lag/game types etc) would be appreciated.

evolution said:
Just froze out of Treo's server so i'll join yours

How was the room? I saw the stats on the last game (before freezing up) that you went about 25-10 in k/d however your team failed to capture the flag (blue team won 2-0)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
10 mins FFA DM going on now. Y2Kev kicking some major ass. lol

Next up will be 25mins Zone (IIRC)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah so something's wrong with the game, cause I'm good at it.

The only nice kill on me there was Jb's nice swooping run, but he JUST made it. Flak turret is nuts.

I mean it was like me with 21 pts and everyone else with 3.

Top Bottom