• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warhawk Beta Summer of Awesome (PS3)

rc213

Kittonwy said:
How come nobody from GAF plays after 12AM? I want to play but nobody is around now.
Indifferent2.gif

I shall be on late nights hopefully starting tommorow if I receive my damn headset I purchased.

Kittonwy said:
You're a really really great girl!!!

I love you so much, I can't think of one single thing I'd change about you.

Great Job God!

I hope our relationship does well and grows to be an awesome relationship of awesome!

I thank you for giving me the chance to love you.

Love,

Your man

Fixed :D

Ploid 3.0

The main thing I have been doing lately is camping ranked games. It's such a pain to get in one, and ranking up require some of the oddest requirements. I need to stay in a warhawk for 4mins + 1 ground troop kill + 1 ground jeep/tank kill + 5 bonus points. gah

Ragnarok10

Ploid 3.0 said:
The main thing I have been doing lately is camping ranked games. It's such a pain to get in one, and ranking up require some of the oddest requirements. I need to stay in a warhawk for 4mins + 1 ground troop kill + 1 ground jeep/tank kill + 5 bonus points. gah
I wouldn't sweat it too bad. I'm pretty sure they're going to wipe everyone clean once the beta is over.

tha_con

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
I wouldn't sweat it too bad. I'm pretty sure they're going to wipe everyone clean once the beta is over.

That would suck :( There's a lot of 'nooblets' in the beta, so I was getting some decent stats :(

Treo360

careksims said:
Yeah I was wondering where all the GAF rooms went. I think probably waiting for that patch to come in so that way we can play longer :)

It's why I don't host anymore to be honest. Babysitting a room is a bore. I want to set it and forget it.©

tha_con

Banned
Treo360 said:
It's why I don't host anymore to be honest. Babysitting a room is a bore. I want to set it and forget it.©

Generally, I just set it to ranked server, and then watch TV, switching back and forth from time to time. I actually had a ranked server going on for about 2 hours.

Keep a look out for it, it's usually named "Learners_Permit" (you know, to swamp in the nooblets). Though, apparently my upstream sucks donkey balls and I can only host 8 people.

Sucks for me.

Me and my brother were playing last night split screen.
Just that fact is so awesome. We were doing this thing where we would jump into our warhawks and he would go get some guys on him and I would come up behind we must have killed 15 people in a row doing that.

tha_con

Banned
so has anyone managed to stand on the wing of a warhawk in hover mode and have it take you to the stall ceiling? I did it last night, and jumped off. It looks awesome from a distance, seeing a little man just falling from the sky :lol

theBishop

Banned
tha_con said:
so has anyone managed to stand on the wing of a warhawk in hover mode and have it take you to the stall ceiling? I did it last night, and jumped off. It looks awesome from a distance, seeing a little man just falling from the sky :lol

:lol :lol :lol

i'm definitely going to try that!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Does anyone know if having to reset your PS3 creates fragmented files on your PS3 hard drive? If so, does the PS3 firmware "defrag" or clean up your hard drive if it gets too fragmented? My biggest concern with the Beta is that I am damaging my hard drive every time I have to hard reset it in Warhawk.

spwolf

DenogginizerOS said:
Does anyone know if having to reset your PS3 creates fragmented files on your PS3 hard drive? If so, does the PS3 firmware "defrag" or clean up your hard drive if it gets too fragmented? My biggest concern with the Beta is that I am damaging my hard drive every time I have to hard reset it in Warhawk.

i would not be concerned about that at all... game is probably being executed in special part of the hard drive (from OS perspective) that gets cleaned after restart anyway...

belvedere

Junior Butler
theBishop said:

Spent an hour doing that last night split screen style.

It's also hilarious to hit the afterburner and watch the person on the Warhawk go flying.

Good times.

tha_con

Banned
theBishop said:

We need to see if we can get 16 people on wings and then have them all just jump from the sky. That, vid captured, and turned into a GIF, would have SO much potential on NeoGAF.

"Abandon ship, teh PS3 is teh D0000MD LAWL@!!!"

I manged to get my airman advancement last night, also have the next advancement through a previous attainment. I saw a guy last night who had flames on his warhawk and also flames on his armor. He stood out like a sore thumb. I cant wait for the full game.

belvedere

Junior Butler
tha_con said:
We need to see if we can get 16 people on wings and then have them all just jump from the sky. That, vid captured, and turned into a GIF, would have SO much potential on NeoGAF.

"Abandon ship, teh PS3 is teh D0000MD LAWL@!!!"

There used to be a clan dedicated to stunts in BF1942/DC.

Anyone remember their name?

They produced some of the most hilarious and amazing videos ever.

AltogetherAndrews said:
I swear to god, if I hear one more ****er whine about people stealing their kills I'll tip something over.
lol, yeah, they get assist points anyway, just like in BF2

EDIT: I'm always down to do the stunts, we should talk more once this is released.

This game blows my mind for the simple reason that I played it for 4 hours last night and probably had to reset 15-20 times. It almost shocks me that I am willing to reset that often just to play again.

dfyb

Banned
bigfatgameguy said:
I manged to get my airman advancement last night, also have the next advancement through a previous attainment. I saw a guy last night who had flames on his warhawk and also flames on his armor. He stood out like a sore thumb. I cant wait for the full game.
i was wondering if ranks let you do more customization, or if customization was just excluded from the beta. can't wait to rank up then :D

Ragnarok10

dfyb said:
i was wondering if ranks let you do more customization, or if customization was just excluded from the beta. can't wait to rank up then :D
Ranking up allows access to different character/vehicle modifications and this is active in the beta. However, as I said before, Incog will most likely clear everyone's stats before the game goes live.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
BruceLeeRoy said:
This game blows my mind for the simple reason that I played it for 4 hours last night and probably had to reset 15-20 times. It almost shocks me that I am willing to reset that often just to play again.
Seriously im really frustrated with the freezes, but if the game sucked ass i wouldnt care, i would just stop playing it.
But dammit the game is just so damn good and so much fun that im willing to go through the hassle of freezes. Just last night i FINALLY got into a ranked server, jumped into a warhawk hit triangle to get out of hover and BAM game froze, i was not pleased.

captive said:
Seriously im really frustrated with the freezes, but if the game sucked ass i wouldnt care, i would just stop playing it.
But dammit the game is just so damn good and so much fun that im willing to go through the hassle of freezes. Just last night i FINALLY got into a ranked server, jumped into a warhawk hit triangle to get out of hover and BAM game froze, i was not pleased.

EEEEEH thats pretty bad I might just have to kill a small animal if that happened to me.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Oni Jazar said:
I've had the game freeze as it's loading from the XMB.
I would rather have that, than it freezing when I actually get into a ranked game. But i presume you still freeze when you get into ranked games anyway. :lol

pswii60

Wollan said:
People should play now. EU invasion..

I would love to but no BETA invite for me.

Out of a matter of interest, does Warhawk BETA include PSN game-sharing type abilities. And if so, would anyone be so kind?

tha_con

Banned
Anyone up for some experimentation tonight doing stunts? I'd love to get in on a game and play for an hour or so doing nothing more than stunts and trying to find out new things.

I wonder if we can get a few warhawks hovering at the edge of a cliff, and then drive a jeep onto them and fly it into the sky?

Ragnarok10

tha_con said:
Anyone up for some experimentation tonight doing stunts? I'd love to get in on a game and play for an hour or so doing nothing more than stunts and trying to find out new things.

I wonder if we can get a few warhawks hovering at the edge of a cliff, and then drive a jeep onto them and fly it into the sky?
I'll make sure I'm there to send some missiles your way. :D

belvedere

Junior Butler
tha_con said:

This is exactly what I'm going to be doing tonight.

I've already performed some "low end' stunts with a buddy in split-screen, but I'm down with getting a few more people together. I can host 8.

We're betting testing right, what better way to discover bugs?! :D

tha_con

Banned
belvedere said:

I've already performed some "low end' stunts with a buddy in split-screen, but I'm down with getting a few more people together. I can host 8.

I've got so many ideas for things to do.

Like, in any of the urban stages, taking people into the high levels of demolished buildings to see if you can find any holes in the map or glitches etc.

If you can carry people well enough on the warhawk in hover mode, it could make for some very interesting situations.

I also want to see how fall speeds differ for the Warhawk and the people. It would be awesome to have a few people float a warhawk up to the sky, and another group of people float a person (or few people) and have them compete to "jump in" the warhawk mid air and fly away before it hits the ground.

...I've got too much time :(

tha_con

Banned
belvedere said:

Like, in any of the urban stages, taking people into the high levels of demolished buildings to see if you can find any holes in the map or glitches etc.

If you can carry people well enough on the warhawk in hover mode, it could make for some very interesting situations.

I also want to see how fall speeds differ for the Warhawk and the people. It would be awesome to have a few people float a warhawk up to the sky, and another group of people float a person (or few people) and have them compete to "jump in" the warhawk mid air and fly away before it hits the ground.

...I've got too much time :(

BTW I've got a clan started, called "Section8"...I only have yenno, 1 member, but if anyone cares to join, I'd be glad to, you know, not be the only person in my clan.

Treo360

tha_con said:
Generally, I just set it to ranked server, and then watch TV, switching back and forth from time to time. I actually had a ranked server going on for about 2 hours.

Keep a look out for it, it's usually named "Learners_Permit" (you know, to swamp in the nooblets). Though, apparently my upstream sucks donkey balls and I can only host 8 people.

Sucks for me.

Oh I do the same thing. I don't just sit in front of my tv looking at stats for hours you know!?!:lol :p, the ideal thing that I would like to do is set up the server when I leave for work/gym or whatever, however due to the freezing issues I don't want to be wasting my electricity just for the game to be hung on some screen.

belvedere

Junior Butler
tha_con said:

There are definite clipping glitches. On the city map you clan fly down right above the water, then back up through one of the main buildings (the building where a teams main base/flag is in CTF for example).

tha_con said:

I'd like to mess with this tonight. Can you or someone host? If not, I can. If we can get a server hosted I'll join when I get home.

tha_con said:
BTW I've got a clan started, called "Section8"...I only have yenno, 1 member, but if anyone cares to join, I'd be glad to, you know, not be the only person in my clan.

If enough people take interest, I'm down.

Top Bottom