• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The way Rockstar does in-game sprinting has got to change for RDR2.

Toni

...Uncharted and TLOU are okay, but GTA V's aiming (any Rockstar aiming after Max Payne 3) is in the upper echelon of third person shooter single player controls.

What is this that I'm reading

After Naughty Dog perfected the aiming with Uncharted 4, which vaslty trounces that of GTA 5's in my opinion, Rockstar just doesn't compare at the moment with Naughty Dog in this front.

Not to mention UC4's aiming mechanics are accompanied by vast arrays of awesome animations that are realistic, fluid, and swift and all without hindering movement whatsoever.

If you go from Red Dead to Uncharted 4 or GTA5 to Uncharted 4, the increase in quality, mechanics, controls and player movement is simply vast.

Skux

I hate mash A/X to sprint. Hate it.

Have the analogue stick handle walking to jogging and then you hold a button to sprint instead of mashing the fucker.

Easier still, make it one button. L3 has always been the perfect sprint button.

Kleenex didn't invent facial tissues either but that's what millions of people call them anyway.

Zelda didn't popularise the stamina bar, nor is the stamina bar in BoTW unique or innovative. As much as I love the game, let's stop pretending that it does everything better than every other game out there.

Magnus

Character movement in all Rockstar games feels like garbage to me. It's prevented me from enjoying the games after my initial infatuations with GTA3/VC.

Should control the same as Witcher 3.

Move stick a little forward a little to walk.
Move stick fully forward for light jog.
Double tap X/A to full sprint.

antitrop

Clicking the left stick should toggle sprint.

Again, something that was already in GTA V, so it would be very surprising if it wasn't an option in RDR2.

WfWD6gn.png

Harmen

Zelda stamina wheel needs to be the model going forward.

No, a game like GTA does not need it. In many games the animations of the character successfully indicate when stamina is running low and it will feel much more natural than a bar or circle. Keep the HUD to a minimum if possible.

Falchion

Yeah I hate it. Even holding A to run like in the Arkham games and Zelda is a pain. Why not just click the stick to sprint like every other game?

snacknuts

we all knew her
The way Rockstar does aiming and shooting compared to Uncharted or The Last of Us needs to change. The way Rockstar does horrible character movement compared to Uncharted or The Lasf of Us needs to change. Basically, a Rockstar world with Uncharted or The Last of Us shooting mechanics and animation would be a GOAT game that I would love to play.

Please no.

x-Lundz-x

I don't know if it would really feel like a RockStar game if it didn't have this mechanic :/.

I mean I'm not the biggest fan of it but usually after 5 mins it's back to feeling natural.

Much of the controls and overall feel of playing the game needs to change, but I expected that with GTA V and it didn't happen, so I'm not expecting it this time around. Especially after 70 million sales.

Top Bottom