• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Oh man...Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, and Bioshock:I are the 3 third party games I'm most interested in that I have no hope for on wii u whatsoever. I was going to play them all on PC but I'd much rather play em on the couch.
What? Idea man just suggested that the co-developers of far cry 3 are working on the wii u (via LinkedIn). There may be a possibility of it coming to the system.

RedSwirl

No, their thinking is "If we get third party ports, then the only difference between the consoles is first party software, which we have already won."

When you think about it though, the PS3 technically has the same advantage over the Xbox 360. The 360 has almost no outstanding 1st party software coming out anymore, and it's still ahead largely because of Live, and we know that battle is one Nintendo can't win.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We know from the previous threads that Plantronics (the company specialized in headsets) is on board for the Wii U. There is a new job offer, with in the "following/knowing trends" required skills, a mention of the system.

I wonder what kind of headset this brand will make, what would be its advantage and how they will market it, considering the padlet already has a built-in microphone designed for comfortable voice chat. Maybe a noise-canceling technology on it ? Perhaps "your team-mates won't meet difficulties listening to your orders with our new lightweight headset with a mic near your mouth !" ? :p
Can you link to the job listing? The only one I can find that contains the words "Wii U" is the one I covered in my earlier post about this: http://72.52.200.115/forum/showpost.php?p=37158958&postcount=8969

guek

Banned
What? Idea man just suggested that the co-developers of far cry 3 are working on the wii u (via LinkedIn). There may be a possibility of it coming to the system.

My policy is that the vast majority of games announced at or before E3 2011 aren't going to end up on Wii U due to development constraints. It's all possible of course, but I've already resolved to not get too optimistic.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My policy is that the vast majority of games announced at or before E3 2011 aren't going to end up on Wii U due to development constraints. It's all possible of course, but I've already resolved to not get too optimistic.

Your non-optimism ends up being pessemistic. You're always pessimistic >__>.

Anth0ny

I'd say we should be bros, but once you find out that I've never beaten Majora's Mask (despite having seen most of it played and loving the music), you would not want to speak to me until I do. So I won't tell you that.

... Wait. Shit.

Stop watching ZFG and Cosmo's streams and FINISH THE DAMN GAME

This one:

2767638386_d8efc6fb1f.jpg

Agreed. "Old Man Yells at Crowd" is hilarious and is the perfect theme and tone for E3 season. hehe ;) :p Just needs to be scaled/zoomed a bit.

I say the second one grampa, also I changed mine again. I am now, a pyromaniac.

edit: that 3rd one is good if it was better quality.

Spooky Fire Girl av was short lived....

What do you think Shane means here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-205-invisible-walls/729443

I know it's 2 episodes late, but at 13:05 he says that the launch lineup for Wii U is going to surprise some people. Now I saw the leaked list, and if true there are no surprises there, what could it be?

Before he says this they were talking about Japanese developers being quite so far about Wii U, so possibly some Japanese developed games?

There's your major problem.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Rösti;37719004 said:
Can you link to the job listing? The only one I can find that contains the words "Wii U" is the one I covered in my earlier post about this: http://72.52.200.115/forum/showpost.php?p=37158958&postcount=8969

Yeah i was referring to this news when i said "in the previous threads". I think it's the same job offer, i saw it some hours ago in linkedin, the description is similar. Considering the time lap between the job offer on their site and its recent publication on linkedin, i guess they haven't found yet the intern of their dreams :p

Still, i wonder how they will position themselves, knowing the padlet will have a built-in mic. Maybe describing it as a "for casuals" one, and pushing "real players" to use a proper headset ?

guek

Banned

I know it's 2 episodes late, but at 13:05 he says that the launch lineup for Wii U is going to surprise some people. Now I saw the leaked list, and if true there are no surprises there, what could it be?

Before he says this they were talking about Japanese developers being quite so far about Wii U, so possibly some Japanese developed games?

are you talking about the blockbuster thing? Yeah, it's probably best to ignore that.

He's obviously talking about Rockstar making a Nintendo exclusive GTA game that involves you playing as Captain Falcon and shaking down Nintendo characters for money.

Sadist

So you're saying Shane is talking out of his ass?

Which would suck btw. The one time he's finally enthousiastic about a Nintendo system...

Instro

Are you talking about the BlockBuster list? That was confirmed to be pure speculation by a former BB manager, in fact he apparently was one of the people who added titles to that list.

Isn't it weird how we're sitting here now, with no information game wise for the most part, but in less than 1 month so much will become clear.

Penguin

So I guess here's a question

For all the doom and gloom that has/does surrounded the 3DS and Vita during the release. What type of numbers do you think Nintendo needs to put up on the Wii U during the first FY in order to avoid that type of stigma?

For all the doom and gloom that has/does surrounded the 3DS and Vita during the release. What type of numbers do you think Nintendo needs to put up on the Wii U during the first FY in order to avoid that type of stigma?

First FY? So from launch until March 31st?

10 Million would be pretty damn good for just 5 months.

Portugeezer

I removed my blockbuster comment, it wasn't about that, jeez :p SHANE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THE BLOCKBUSTER LIST, THIS IW EPISODE IS OLD, before the list came up.

BurntPork

Banned
Stop watching ZFG and Cosmo's streams and FINISH THE DAMN GAME

But I can't play that and do my homework at the same time. Can't I wait just a little longer?

Also, I never beat OoT until last year, and I've only played through ALttP once, and it was the GBA version.

Sadist

No, he's saying the Blockbuster list is fake.
Derp, reading comprehension fail. Nevermind.

They won't lose the stigma because the media will move the goalposts stating "well Apple sold far more iPads!"

We're going to look back and laugh. It will be nice to see who was right on the money with their predictions.
it should be pretty amusing. The conference will be so much better this year not because the content of it, since we don't know that yet, but because of the build up. We've had endless discussion and speculation on all the possibilities on every subject, it'll all explode in a 1 hour or so conference where we finally get our answers.

Crow will be eaten, optimists shocked back to reality, pessimists pleasantly surprised, or perhaps everybody blown away.

guek

Banned
it should be pretty amusing. The conference will be so much better this year not because the content of it, since we don't know that yet, but because of the build up. We've had endless discussion and speculation on all the possibilities on every subject, it'll all explode in a 1 hour or so conference where we finally get our answers.

Crow will be eaten, optimists shocked back to reality, pessimists pleasantly surprised, or perhaps everybody blown away.

I hope BG isn't full of shit. Moreso than ideaman, tbh.

Linkhero1

I don't like the teasing, but in the end we will know who to trust and who to ignore when it comes to information. I'm pretty sure we'll all be pleasantly surprised one way or another.

antonz

Yeah I would expect around 5 million sold between launch and end of FY. Though I will say when it launches could change that number higher. an October alunch could easily see it go upto 6-7 million though as always at the end of the day its what they have available to sell

HylianTom

Banned

Call me an optimist about what Nintendo is bringing, but pretty realistic about their hardware.
Very much looking forward to seeing what their final secret(s) are for the controller and interface. :)

HylianTom

Banned
I don't like the teasing, but in the end we will know who to trust and who to ignore when it comes to information. I'm pretty sure we'll all be pleasantly surprised one way or another.
Yep. And the great thing about these threads is that everyone seems to be on record about their expectations, even if they're scattered all over the place.

For the final thread before E3, I'll have a final predictions survey to post right after the OP.

BD1

Banned
Did they release any guidance on Wii U at the last investors meeting? I can't remember. I think 4-5 million would make them very happy.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

I know it's 2 episodes late, but at 13:05 he says that the launch lineup for Wii U is going to surprise some people. What could it be?

There are definitively unannounced titles from third-parties, scheduled for the launch period (up to 2 months after the system release). However, informed people helped with some hints here & there + sleuthing on the web resulted in the expectation/semi-acknowledgment of some of them. But there will be surprises, from third-parties.

For first-party titles, we'll see at E3, but it's likely we'll have unexpected games if what we anticipate from them is limited to Pikmin 3 + NSMB Wii U + a gamer title (Retro ?).

The surprising comment could also describe the overwhelming aspect of the launch line-up, because it's shaping-up to be the most diverse and highest in software quantity that we ever saw on a Nintendo platform.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Let's say the Wii U gets a Monster Hunter game at launch in Japan. How much would it sell till end of FY?

RedSwirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom