• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

I want a major megaton 3rd party exclusive announced at E3 for Wii U.

Just to see Nintendo haters cry a little would make this E3 feel perfect.

Let's say the Wii U gets a Monster Hunter game at launch in Japan. How much would it sell till end of FY?

Around a million. Don't think it will be as big as the handheld ones but it will be big.

Edit: Forgot how long 3DS was out before MHTri G came out so about 500k or how many Wii U units are sold.

Nintendo did not give expectations just for WiiU, but for this FY, they expect Wii and WiiU to do 10million units together.

So I assume Nintendo is expecting around 6 million for WiiU, exactly what Wii then in it's first fiscal year.

Portugeezer

There are definitively unannounced titles from third-parties, scheduled for the launch period (up to 2 months after the system release). However, informed people helped with some hints & there + sleuthing on the web resulted in the expectation/semi-acknowledgment of some of them. But there will be surprises, from third-parties.

For first-party titles, we'll see at E3, but it's likely we'll have unexpected games if what we anticipate from them is limited to Pikmin 3 + NSMB Wii U + a gamer title (Retro ?).

The surprising comment could also describe the overwhelming aspect of the launch line-up, because it's shaping-up to be the most diverse and highest in software quantity that we ever saw on a Nintendo platform.

jizz.gif

...izz

I'm still hoping this thing is 299.99 and not 349.99. I feel like that's a big difference both in terms of mental barrier, and in terms of the prices of the competition.

Oddduck

I guarantee Ubisoft and Square Enix won't be the only third parties with 3rd party exclusives.

I'm expecting a 3rd party exclusive from THQ, Activision, Electronic Arts, Capcom, and even possibly Sega.

That might sound over confident, but I think Nintendo moneyhatted a bunch of publishers.

Activision's Goldeneye was exclusive to Wii for a limited amount of time. THQ has an exclusive game in the works for Wii U according to a Linked in profile. EA is in a good relationship with Nintendo right now. Nintendo got Monster Hunter 3G and Resident Evil Revalations exclusive for 3DS from Capcom.

It's all possible.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I mean, 75% of 1500 people don't want the Wii U!

Surely this will affect the other millions of people who will eventually buy the-- OH WAIT! IT DOESN'T!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How many titles do you think Nintendo will announce (first party) at E3? We know about Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Mii, and Smash Brothers. Many speculate we'll find out what Retro is working on and it will be a Wii U project. Realistically, how many first party titles do you think we'll hear about.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are there any statistics that show if polls like that shows the general picture or not? I've always looked at those types of polls as something very individual. I mean, if you ask 1500 other persons, the result might be completely different.

Truth101

Banned
Are there any statistics that show if polls like that shows the general picture or not? I've always looked at those types of polls as something very individual. I mean, if you ask 1500 other persons, the result might be completely different.

That is because actual surveys that are used in real data aren't conducted anything like that. They don't how any information that is worthwhile.

This is basically it-

Out of 1500 people browsing our website only 375 of those 1500 people are interested in the Wii U.

10 day later the poll could be

Out of 3000 people browsing our website 1250 of those 3000 people are interested in the Wii U.

TriGen

How many titles do you think Nintendo will announce (first party) at E3? We know about Pikmin, New Super Mario Bros Mii, and Smash Brothers. Many speculate we'll find out what Retro is working on and it will be a Wii U project. Realistically, how many first party titles do you think we'll hear about.

I think we'll hear about 7, Nintendo will go big to get attention, and take advantage of thier next-gen head start. Two will be launch games, and a third will be a month later in Nintendo's December launch window, they seem to like a big game in December.

I'm not counting downloadable only titles, by the way, only full retail.

test_account

XP-39C²
I guarantee Ubisoft and Square Enix won't be the only third parties with 3rd party exclusives.

I'm expecting a 3rd party exclusive from THQ, Activision, Electronic Arts, Capcom, and even possibly Sega.

That might sound over confident, but I think Nintendo moneyhatted a bunch of publishers.

Activision's Goldeneye was exclusive to Wii for a limited amount of time. THQ has an exclusive game in the works for Wii U according to a Linked in profile. EA is in a good relationship with Nintendo right now. Nintendo got Monster Hunter 3G and Resident Evil Revalations exclusive for 3DS from Capcom.

It's all possible.
Exclusives will most likely happen, but for me personally, it is more a question about what types of games we'll see. Are we looking at some cheaper budget minigame collection or something with a higher production value.

Oddduck

Didn't Forgetthebox say Nintendo would announce 12-13 Wii U games at E3 that they were personally publishing.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
See, everybody like & use teases in this industry :) A new one from Gaijin Games for Bit.Trip.Runner 2 (we already know a Wii U version is coming with all their past comments)

Wii have a few fun little updates coming for U, so keep your EYES out!!!

It's PUN-DAY !

btw, all those news reported since a few months about indie/small/focused on digital content companies reeks a certain enthusiasm in regard to Wii U eShop/DD aspect, they clearly have fun teasing about their participation, and enjoy being on board. Prepare your credit cards, Nintendo Network will ruin us, more than retail titles in the end !

Had a rough argument with Heavy, including name-calling and a ban bet.

Get in arguments with Heavy, you lose automatically. That guy has thrown a temper-tantrum and left WrassleGaf at least 3 different occasions, over the most petty BS.

Surely Guek will be back before E3

Kjellson

People who say they aren't interested in Wii U are ridiculous. Of course you're not interested when no games has been shown for it. Wait for E3 damnit!

It's all possible.
this is my hopes for 3rd party and would help me be a one console only owner:

1) next FF game (aka ff15) comes to wiiU
2) Next ____ Souls game
3) Next mainline MGS title

everything else would be bonus

See, everybody like & use teases in this industry :) A new one from Gaijin Games for Bit.Trip.Runner 2 (we already know a Wii U version is coming with all their past comments)

It's PUN-DAY !

btw, all those news reported since a few months about indie/small/focused on digital content companies reeks a certain enthusiasm about the Wii U eShop/DD aspect, they clearly have fun teasing about their participation, and enjoy being on board. Prepare your credit cards, Nintendo Network will ruin us, more than retail titles in the end !

Have every bit.trip game on my Wii so runner 2 is a must.

Portugeezer

Oh i should have added "western third-parties". For japanese third-parties, i don't know more that the state of our shared knowledge here, put differently, for this matter, i have nearly no idea, man.

Doesn't change much for me, still ........

test_account

XP-39C²
That is because actual surveys that are used in real data aren't conducted anything like that.
Yeah, i guess that other polls like about president voting etc. is based more on statistic (like asking a certain type of people of a certain type of age etc.) instead of just having a poll that everyone can click on.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

A LOT. Nintendo is going to blow their load completely.

Pikimin
NSMBWiiU
Retro's title
Moonlith Soft's title
Miyamoto's New IP
Eternal Darkness 2
Wii-U Sports
+
3-5 more

Think I'm being too optimistic? Look at what Iwata has been saying lately and look back at how many Nintendo projects we knew about when the 3DS came out.

Edit: holy shit @ Guek's post. He was a good poster, so sorry for laughing, but..... :lol.

I feel kinda bad for Guek because he isn't familiar with Heavy lol. We once had a long debate on wrasslegaf as to whether or not he was a very subtle troll or is totally genuine about his sometimes weird way of posting/arguing/etc.

Turns out he is pretty genuine. He is innocent.

There's a reason I don't post in those kinds of threads.
I have enough trouble not getting banned in here.
not that hard, just don't say anything offensive and you won't get banned, I used to get banned a lot!

A LOT. Nintendo is going to blow their load completely.

Pikimin
NSMBWiiU
Retro's title
Moonlith Soft's title
Miyamoto's New IP
Eternal Darkness 2
Wii-U Sports
+
3-5 more

Think I'm being to optimistic? Look at what Iwata has been saying lately and look back at how many Nintendo projects we knew about when the 3DS came out.

What do you guys think about Miyamoto's new IP???

Downloadable game(yes, I know all retail Wii U games will supposedly be that or most of them) but I mean Wii U Ware or retail???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom