• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the big titles coming out this year that don't have any hints of WiiU confirmation:

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Hitman: Absolution
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3
Grand Theft Auto 5 (could be this year, we'll see)

Which would you most like to see be confirmed for WiiU at E3?

Max Payne 3 sounds like it'd be great for the players. GTA5 sounds like it'd be best for Nintendo.

Resident Evil 6 needs to be mutated so that it's nothing at all like Resident Evil 5, but that's not going to happen.

Linkhero1

Of the big titles coming out this year that don't have any hints of WiiU confirmation:

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

EDIT: Forgot my pick. Definitely Borderlands 2.

GTA V.

If GTA V is on the console then any of those can come to the console.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

actually far cry 3 has been....

Suzzopher

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

Resident Evil 6 and Borderlands 2 for me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

Resident Evil 6 and GTA by far.

Linkup

That controller is stuffed. Maybe $60 is to low. Cool that they crammed so much in there.

Are we looking at a $100 controller and the system only comes with one though launch games support two.

That controller is stuffed. Maybe $60 is to low. Cool that they crammed so much in there.

Are we looking at a $100 controller and the system only comes with one though launch games support two.

Tablets with superior specifications when compared to this controller cost around $60 (or maybe $70ish, and they're cheap pieces of crap, but this does not invalidate my point).

test_account

XP-39C²
middle fingers i'm guessing
Seems to be pointing fingers:

nintendo-wii-u-controller-back.jpg

So Ubisoft announced Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth for Wii U.

Why can Ubisoft do this an others can't?

Probably because they gave Nintendo more aggressive support in terms of decent* exclusives last time around compared to other third party publishers.

Also, they were the first to announce a Wii third party game, weren't they?

* YMMV

Conor 419

Banned
So Ubisoft announced Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth for Wii U.

I imagine Nintendo and Ubisoft actually have some form of official partnership going on in regards to the Wii U. Last year at E3 we saw a hefty number of Wii U titles from them, they even joined Nintendo in the roundtable conference and confirmed AC3 Wii U. The single largest Wii U third party announcement of last year.

We have recently discussed that Ubisoft really want to focus on vitality sensor style software. I suspect the Wii U will be capable of supporting this software straight out of the box, giving Ubisoft the opportunity for such software to take off.

donny2112

There's obviously some kind of special arrangement with Ubisoft, probably due in no small part to Ubisoft's commitment to Wii games in 2006, as well.

Unless Nintendo has a better title at launch than NSMBMii, AC3 could be the best game at launch. A third-party game being the best one available at launch? Starting off like GameCube but with way better sales wouldn't be too bad. :)

HylianTom

Banned
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda hope they keep the slide pads. They look cool and all hands on reports have expressed satisfaction w/ their control.
Yup..I'm kinda hoping that they're like the 3DS', the closer the better. When I first saw the 3DS' pads, I was so incredibly nervous.. but it ended-up being a good thing. So I'm not gonna panic or complain until I try the controller first.

Yup..I'm kinda hoping that they're like the 3DS', the closer the better. When I first saw the 3DS' pads, I was so incredibly nervous.. but it ended-up being a good thing. So I'm not gonna panic or complain until I try the controller first.

Frankly, I'm far more iffy on the lower set of controls not being offset toward the center. My thumbs don't seem to want to work that way naturally! :O

rhoq

This is leaked news since they removed it from their website.

Maybe so, but the leak made it out to the mainstream press. Coming up from lunch, the news monitor on the elevator had an article displaying the announcement along with a quick write-up which mentioned that it was due out before the end of the year for "XBox Kinect and Nintendo's upcoming console Wii U". I work in the Comcast Center building and I am pretty sure the news feed is from MSNBC.

antonz

Its interesting that the PS3 is seemingly being left out of the picture for that game. Must rely heavily on kinect and the Padlet

Frankly, I'm far more iffy on the lower set of controls not being offset toward the center. My thumbs don't seem to want to work that way naturally! :O

Agreed. I'm holding out hope the final DRC addresses this. Having to shift your hand down to use the face buttons is just no good.

The controller patent from last week seems to cover different positions of the sticks and face buttons.

Damn, I cannot wait to see the "final format." :D

Maybe so, but the leak made it out to the mainstream press. Coming up from lunch, the news monitor on the elevator had an article displaying the announcement along with a quick write-up which mentioned that it was due out before the end of the year for "XBox Kinect and Nintendo's upcoming console Wii U". I work in the Comcast Center building and I am pretty sure the news feed is from MSNBC.

lol Are the Ninjas gonna have to start paying visits to the cable news channels now too?

Its interesting that the PS3 is seemingly being left out of the picture for that game. Must rely heavily on kinect and the Padlet

What about Move? It uses a camera, so it should be able to pretty much do the same sort of thing, no?

I think it's could be because they're focusing on North American audiences, where the sales have favoured the Xbox 360 and the Wii more.

methodman

Banned
Any of my wii u spec thread brethren gonna get diablo 3? If so, let's get some game time in next week. So hyped, one of my favorite Game series' ever.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Any of my wii u spec thread brethren gonna get diablo 3? If so, let's get some game time in next week. So hyped, one of my favorite Game series' ever.
I want to keep the good memories from the first installment (the second one almost ruined it for me).

antonz

That would be a weird combination, considering that they're pretty dissimilar. We had "PS360" mainly because they were pretty much the same thing from the perspective of the end user.

Depends though. Nintendo could theoretically put Kinect style features into the padlet. Have the pad in its stand and you have a forward facing camera thats likely higher res than kinect etc. Would it be feasible to have Kinect like abilities is the question.

Depends though. Nintendo could theoretically put Kinect style features into the padlet. Have the pad in its stand and you have a forward facing camera thats likely higher res than kinect etc. Would it be feasible to have Kinect like abilities is the question.

True. And somebody earlier (probably you, but I'm too lazy to scroll up) suggested they could just put a camera on the regular sensor bar, as well.

However, the PS Eye camera (used in PS Move) would pretty much be equivalent to this, I'd think. I mean, I don't expect that Nintendo would have a secondary depth-sensing camera.

antonz

True. And somebody earlier (probably you, but I'm too lazy to scroll up) suggested they could just put a camera on the regular sensor bar, as well.

However, the PS Eye camera (used in PS Move) would pretty much be equivalent to this, I'd think. I mean, I don't expect that Nintendo would have a secondary depth-sensing camera.

It is odd overall that the PS3 is being left out simply because it is Ubisoft. They would port it to the NES still if they could

Aostia said:
Instead of a 2d Mario platformer, that will be out for 3DS in August, I think that they should plan a brand new Mario Kart for Wii U (targeting a wide range of demographic with online, upad gyroscope and so on) at launch.
They were rushing and pulling in outside help to get the 3DS one done for last year; no way a Wii U one will be ready to go already.
Shadow Hog said:
I still have no idea why "GCN" became the abbreviation for "Nintendo GameCube". It's almost as if it was supposed to be called "GameCube Nintendo" or something dumb.

Worse, last time I asked this question aloud, somebody claimed it was Nintendo who coined the abbreviation in the first place. I don't know what to say to that...
Yep. As I remember it at the time (and here's the story I was remembering), branches of the company disagreed on whether it was important to keep the company's N in the abbreviation. Seems the compromise was to stick it at the end. The story doesn't make this explicit, but I'm guessing because seeing a mixture of GC and GCN would be less confusing than seeing a mixture of GC and NGC.

Sadist

Borderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Devil May Cry
Far Cry 3

Resident Evil 6. Leon is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom