• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntPork

Banned
Went to it once or twice and only saw one or two people complaining. Other than that I haven't been there since. Are you saying the general consensus is that people dislike the controller? Or is it just the aesthetics of the controller? People will always find a reason to complain about something, so I don't know why it's surprising to you.

More like it's the #1 complaint.

I don't know. I only slept 3 hours last night.

HylianTom

Banned
My favorites are those that say the controller looks unbelievably uncomfortable(every account I read from those that used it say otherwise) and that the screen isn't good enough(every acount from those that used it never mentioned it in a bad light).

I have to chuckle at the idea of a Nintendo controller being that uncomfortable. Maybe I've just been fortunate.

The only time a controller's appearance matters is when you aren't using it. Even with a screen, the controller should "disappear" in your hands. Using it should be effortless.

I'm with you on that and even more extreme as I don't really give a shit what the actual console looks like.

Nor what the name is.

None of this affects the games.

jacksrb

Good news day! Making some progress towards a great E3.

--

My hopeful scenario:

System
- Supports 2 WiiU controllers
- Controller has analog triggers & clickable sticks
- NiN details and OS reveal - both are nice Nintendo spins on XBL

First Party
- Launch lineup features new IP & Pikman 3
- Eternal Darkness 2 shown
- Retro new IP and 3D Mario shown (and are glorious)

3rd Pary
- Aliens:CM and another 3rd party game look significantly better / smoother
- Insomniac's new game Overstike coming to Wii U
- Killer Freaks looks at least interesting

BurntPork

Banned
I'm not going to complain about them complaining, but I'd probably reserve judgement until I actually get hands-on with the device. It's ok, I didn't get much sleep either last night. =/

without us even knowing.

I should just sleep now.

But man... do I really need to wait six more months to get my hands on that controller?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The redesign is better in every possible way compared to the original.

FACT.

And yes, we had that megaton right under our nose months ago and we didn't even know it.

Linkhero1

I should just sleep now.

But man... do I really need to wait six more months to get my hands on that controller?

If they go on tour like they did with the Wii, you might get a chance to play it before launch. I'm hoping to get hands-on with it as soon as they do the tour again.

Anth0ny

I don't mean to go ff on a tanget even though I do, but am I the only one that likes the swimming in Skyward Sword???

And...

What game does anyone like the swimming in???

Majora's Mask!

I can say without hyperbole that the new Wii U controller is 10000000000000000x better than the shitty circle pad abomination.

Izick

My only gripe is that the Start/Select buttons are a little close to the buttons, and could be hut by your inner palms, but it's not a deal-breaker for me.

Izick

See, I always picture Reggie crushing these people with his bare hands, all while keeping his conference-face smile on during the whole thing.

I think LEGO City Stories is going to be something really cool. I bet the TT guys are happy to have the chance to break out and do something new (with LEGO).

Being a tester who gets caught leaking shit means your chances of advancement have stopped.

Unless your dad is Bobby Kotick or you are a once-in-a-lifetime game design genius who has sold Notch-style copies of your indie game, you're basically dead in the industry.

Poor guy ruined his career for something we would all see in a few weeks. :\

Asked to death likely, but is Ghost Recon a port of the newly released one with screen additions, or something else?

Being a tester who gets caught leaking shit means your chances of advancement have stopped.

Unless your dad is Bobby Kotick or you are a once-in-a-lifetime game design genius who has sold Notch-style copies of your indie game, you're basically dead in the industry.

They found out who did it? Oh man...

Or he'll be on Extra and Entertainment Tonight and make more money that Kojima.

And this is why Twitter and Facebook should have better locks on them.
People are far too willing to share everything about themselves.
It should ask you like 20 times "Do you really want to post this?" or something.

Asked to death likely, but is Ghost Recon a port of the newly released one with screen additions, or something else?

Console exclusive of the Ghost Recon Online game, which is a F2P PC game.

BurntPork

Banned

I have to say I pity him.

nordique

Good news day! Making some progress towards a great E3.

--

My hopeful scenario:

System
- Supports 2 WiiU controllers
- Controller has analog triggers & clickable sticks
- NiN details and OS reveal - both are nice Nintendo spins on XBL

First Party
- Launch lineup features new IP & Pikman 3
- Eternal Darkness 2 shown
- Retro new IP and 3D Mario shown (and are glorious)

3rd Pary
- Aliens:CM and another 3rd party game look significantly better / smoother
- Insomniac's new game Overstike coming to Wii U
- Killer Freaks looks at least interesting

This is quite realistic imo! well done. Better than many fan hopes which include the Wii U to include outer space travel options.

Izick

He probably wasn't going to go far anyway if he's someone that's going to just leak stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom