• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

Yeah. The production values seem to be back up to HG/SS levels. And i'm super excited about the Tournament. Lance is my boy and with these games he'll have been in every single generation. Can't wait for the next Coro Coro. Next month will be gaming bliss for me in every single way. And I get to start my career too.

Yup. I love the new games a lot. It's going to be a good time killer for me.

How are you guys passing the time? I'm moving out to the Lancaster area to start my new job so I'm busy signing a bunch of forms for my new apartment/job. And I'm trying to get a small, cheap used car to get around--my first. On the gaming side, I just downloaded FFIX today and I'm currently in the Ice Cavern. I'm really liking it so far and the overworld music is the best in the series, IMO.

Work, studying, going out, and finishing up New Vegas for a second time. I'm hoping to complete by June 3. Gonna kill a lot of time before E3.

donny2112

So which video game director would you choose to helm a new (movie, not game) Prequel Trilogy?

I don't know. Someone who doesn't try to make the pre-Empire Republic spanning a thousand worlds take place mostly on worlds from the original trilogy with characters from the original trilogy and who doesn't try to make Darth Vader into a Jesus Christ by making him a virgin birth and who doesn't try to reduce the force which flows between you and that rock as something the Midi-Chlorines have to tell you about and that those Midi-Chlorines don't have sex with women.

I'm trying to get a smartphone so I can post about being in my first launch line later this year. I want everyone's Nintentag! I don't like Smash but i'll play you all in MK and Duty.

If Dudebro SpikeTV is airing the conference then we better not be getting much if any of these:

0.jpg

antonz

I'm trying to get a smartphone so I can post about being in my first launch line later this year. I want everyone's Nintentag! I don't like Smash but i'll play you all in MK and Duty.

I waited in line 28 hours for the Wii. I earned my fanboy tag on that one for sure. Now that I have responsibilities in life etc I will make sure to preorder.

How are you guys passing the time? I'm moving out to the Lancaster area to start my new job so I'm busy signing a bunch of forms for my new apartment/job. And I'm trying to get a small, cheap used car to get around--my first. On the gaming side, I just downloaded FFIX today and I'm currently in the Ice Cavern. I'm really liking it so far and the overworld music is the best in the series, IMO.

Writing a big post. In the meantime, I was at a Steampunk event where I was oblivious enough to not recognize that a bikini model jumping at me and wrapping her legs around my waist could be a sign of flirting. I'm preparing to go to a regional burning man event this week, and I'm hoping to build a bullwhip out of duct tape before I leave for that on Thursday. Also have to try to start cutting conduit to make a geodesic dome and find some tough strapping to make a sort of tightrope for a party.

I got an A in my class, I learned today. But somehow these threads have me currently more hyped than anything else that's going on.

I don't know. Someone who doesn't try to make the pre-Empire Republic spanning a thousand worlds take place mostly on worlds from the original trilogy with characters from the original trilogy and who doesn't try to make Darth Vader into a Jesus Christ by making him a virgin birth and who doesn't try to reduce the force which flows between you and that rock as something the Midi-Chlorines have to tell you about and that those Midi-Chlorines don't have sex with women.

So basically not Kojima, you're saying.

I waited in line 28 hours for the Wii. I earned my fanboy tag on that one for sure. Now that I have responsibilities in life etc I will make sure to preorder.

Definitely pre-ordering as soon as possible. What's the best place to do so? I've heard Best Buy being mentioned several times before and I know there's one 5mins from my apartment.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm playing a few hours every night through Fragile Dreams. I'd like to be through the game before next weekend begins.

I'll be doing Spring cleaning for the house next week, listening to lots of Nintendo-related podcasts, working extra overtime at work to help my Launch Day & new plasma TV budgets, etc. On the weekend before E3, I'll go grocery shopping for my favorite junk foods so that I'm all stocked-up before the festivities kick-off. I'll also spend a few hours running around town taking care of errands, paying bills, etc.

Basically, I want to go into E3 Week with not a non-gaming care in the world so that I'll be completely free to enjoy it. Nintendo console reveal E3s don't come but maybe once or twice per decade, so this is going to be perfect! :)

antonz

Definitely pre-ordering as soon as possible. What's the best place to do so? I've heard Best Buy being mentioned several times before and I know there's one 5mins from my apartment.

Best Buys can be pretty good especially if you want to avoid gamestop. Frys Electronics is another fantastic place if in your area.

Amazon is great as well but if Nintendo decides on a Sunday release you get boned.

Probably see preorders open right after E3

opi1saved

Neo Member
Wait, is that the one where they go past Warp 10 and de-evolve into lizards? :lol

Yeah, Voyager was just a horrible, horrible show. I've not seen all the episodes, and everytime I consider changing that with Netflix, I'm reminded of the disgust that I felt when watching the show as much as I did. On the plus side, I'm re-watching Enterprise, and that's better than I remember. Maybe the history destroying Star Trek movie is making me more open to the timelime breaks that Enterprise kept bringing up. :)
What I hated most about Voyager was that they took the Borg from a mysterious, truly frightening almost force of nature and made them a typical bad guy. The Destiny novels kinda redeemed them in my eyes, however, while giving me a new appreciation for both Enterprise and Voyager. Sorry; way off topic.

I'm playing a few hours every night through Fragile Dreams. I'd like to be through the game before next weekend begins.

I'll be doing Spring cleaning for the house next week, listening to lots of Nintendo-related podcasts, working extra overtime at work to help my Launch Day & TV budgets, etc. On the weekend before E3, I'll go grocery shopping for my favorite junk foods so that I'm all stocked-up before the festivities kick-off. I'll also spend a few hours running around town taking care of errands, paying bills, etc.

Basically, I want to go into E3 Week with not a non-gaming care in the world so that I'll be completely free to enjoy it. Nintendo console reveal E3s don't come but maybe once or twice per decade, so this is going to be perfect! :)

Yeah. I'm doing this asap because of launch week and student loans. Both will arrive in the same month. Talk about cancelling each other out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Frankly, I'd rather chat about the StreetPass device. It could be really interesting if what that article says is true about it. I mean, it's basically even more like a DreamCast VMU in some ways, now that it's pocketable and has a simpler LCD screen.

That news bit just came and went, seemingly ignored tonight. But I just have the feeling there's more to it if we press our crania together.

edit:

Just to clarify, in case what I thought was obvious humour got taken seriously: I have no secret information. I just like overanalysing things that we learn about, and sometimes I randomly manage to say things that end up correct. That's the beautiful thing about Speculation. Anyway, the thread I'm talking about is just the next speculation thread. So, yeah, it'll have shittons of rumours about games, et al. :)

I was talking about your next spec. thread, not otherwise; but thanks!

ffdgh

Best Buys can be pretty good especially if you want to avoid gamestop. Frys Electronics is another fantastic place if in your area.

Amazon is great as well but if Nintendo decides on a Sunday release you get boned.

Probably see preorders open right after E3

I'll risk it. Atlease I won't have to worry about possible shortages.

HylianTom

Banned
I'll be posting from my campout line via iPad later on this year.

This is going to be the most connected launch/preorder camping season ever. Lots of NintendoGAFers are going to be checking-in from around the globe via their portable devices. It's one element I'm really looking forward to!

Why is this happening again?
Because we spend enough time faffing about that this qualifies as a community now, and because news should be posted in individual threads instead of in megathreads.

Mostly the latter, but you can't deny the faffing about.

Wait, if we're moving to community, does it even have to be Wii U Thread VI?

It could be the gritty next-gen reboot: Wii U Speculation 2006.
In it, Wii U Speculation saves a princess no less than four times, gets shot in the back by an evil time demon, but comes back to life when the princess kisses it and saves the world by retconning everything I just said out of continuity. However, it will still be referenced in the upcoming Wii U Speculation Generations.

Snakeyes

I'll be posting from my campout line via iPad later on this year.

This is going to be the most connected launch/preorder camping season ever. Lots of NintendoGAFers are going to be checking-in from around the globe via their portable devices. It's one element I'm really looking forward to!

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Oddduck

Since this gamer card rumor is hardware related, and Ideaman knows a lot about the hardware, is there any way he can get to the bottom of this "gamer card" rumor that keeps springing up and won't go away?

donny2112

God Barkley is awesome. How can anyone not love that guy.

Would've been nice if he took notes so that Enterprise could up the shields 300% and travel half-way across the galaxy in a few seconds after his brain got de-IQ'd and shoved back in his head. Never understood why they couldn't just check the log to see what he did on the shields.

I loved the DS games, and the idea of a 3DS game coming soon is definitely exciting.

It's made by the Lord of Shadows guys and not the DS Castlevania guys.

HylianTom

Banned
Haha. I don't know if I'll be first in line a my GameStop this time around. If there are different SKUs or colors or some other limited quantities of something I'd want, I'd be inclined to say yes. I've already scouted-out the three nearest locations, ranked them in order of preference due to certain criteria, etc. But I want a midnight launch location as well, so some preferences might go out the window.

Would've been nice if he took notes so that Enterprise could up the shields 300% and travel half-way across the galaxy in a few seconds after his brain got de-IQ'd and shoved back in his head. Never understood why they couldn't just check the log to see what he did on the shields.
He said "Barkley", not "Barclay". Barkley would just shut up and jam. Maybe do the Chaos Dunk on some Romulan sons of bitches, who knows.

abasm

In it, Wii U Speculation saves a princess no less than four times, gets shot in the back by an evil time demon, but comes back to life when the princess kisses it and saves the world by retconning everything I just said out of continuity. However, it will still be referenced in the upcoming Wii U Speculation Generations.

We travel back to Wii Speculation: Actual 2006, tell them how it's really going to turn out in the hopes of saving the Wii from its casualized fate, but return to 2012 to find the world a nuclear wasteland...with Ravi Drums as its malevolent king.

Aguila

#ICONIC
but what if you see the conference but die before you get the chance to play it? Or die on the way to get your WiiU? That would suck.

Yeah, but what would suck even more is if I die with a midnight launch Wii U in my hands and then having it stolen by a GameStop customer.

We travel back to Wii Speculation: Actual 2006, tell them how it's really going to turn out in the hopes of saving the Wii from its casualized fate, but return to 2012 to find the world a nuclear wasteland...with Ravi Drums as its malevolent king.
The solution is to go into the Nexus, meet up with the original Wii, and team up to stop Malcolm McDowell from being Malcolm McDowell.

Jarsonot

The 3DS castlevania thread got me thinking, do you think with Nintendo embracing Digital Downloads we'll see more older Nintendo games in the eshop/virtual console?

The systems are backwards compatible with their previous generation, so there shouldn't be an issue of porting, right? It should be ridiculously easy, right?

I'm sure for many games the rights will come into question, but for Nintendo-owned IPs?

Oddduck

I'm noticing a ton of people who never posted much here before are now all posting here.

Must be dat hype finally taking over lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom