• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Updated

ibzhBDqMnjBMZX.jpg

So many people want to be doomed - smh

Fou-Lu

I'm not in the hype town picture yet? Better throw me in there, my hype is so through the roof I can't sleep anymore. Come E3 I may just explode.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Really?

What kind of games do you like EC? What do you see yourself picking up on it, seeing as you're primarily a PC/Nintendo gamer (or so it seems from your posts, though I do understand you have a PS3 as well)

Of that list:

Assassins Creed 3? PC
Rayman Legends? Wii U probably. Will buy one way or the other.
Darksiders 2? Not sure yet, but if so PC.
Alien Colonial Marines? PC.
Metro Last Light? I have a beefy PC, so...PC.
Batman: Arkham City? Already own on PC.
Project Cars? If I wanted it I'd get it on PC.
Dirt? Don't want.
Ninja Gaiden 3 (lol haha yeah right)? Awful game.

PC is my priority platform, and unless third party ports do something seriously ground breaking and game changing with the Wii U pad I'll be getting them on the system that looks better, has more options, and generally is my preferred control setup.

With the Wii U I'm interested in Nintendo games, exclusives, and console-only games and franchises. If the launch is riddled with games I can get on PC, I'll be a bit disappointed.

Gravijah

lol why would nintendo reveal the tech specs?

PC is my priority platform, and unless third party ports do something seriously ground breaking and game changing with the Wii U pad I'll be getting them on the system that looks better, has more options, and generally is my preferred control setup.

With the Wii U I'm interested in Nintendo games, exclusives, and console-only games and franchises. If the launch is riddled with games I can get on PC, I'll be a bit disappointed.

i'm of a similar mindset. ps3 is my primary platform, it's where i buy multiplatforms, it's where a lot of my friends are, and it's where my "progress" is. i don't see myself going with wii u versions unless they offer significant improvements gameplay wise.

snesfreak

Banned
I'm paranoid about my PC literally blowing up, so I'll get most third party games on Wii U.
Then double-dip once I have a video card that won't burn itself out at idle if you turn fan control to auto.

Same here I don't have much else going on right except a little late-stage wedding planning (July 7th) so I think about Nintendo's E3 presser all the time so my hype is through the roof. So go ahead and drop me into Hype Town if you don't mind. :)

Mistle

If a game is cross platform with PC I'll be getting the PC version unless the Wii U really offers something interesting, which I hope it will.

Fou-Lu

I always get what I can on PC, but I'll definitely have a Wii U for Nintendo games, unfortunately 3rd parties would have to do something really special with the Wii U version to make me buy it over the PC version.

Elfteiroh

Updated

ibzhBDqMnjBMZX.jpg

Haha! This is great! I don't post often, but I'm hyped as hell, so if it's not too much, it would be fun to be in this pic. :p
Also I second what some others already said: Acebandage should get an halo or something. :(
All these bans kinda makes me feel bad. Don't go and get banned all of you! I want it to stay lively and colorful!

Bird: The game, could actually be really cool, it could be like Journey but...with a bird. Like, you just live the life of a bird, experiencing all the of the ups and downs of life.

See all of those amazing sights. Witness all of the perks and quirks of human life, as well as the crime and despair. Fly across the sea with hundreds of chums, only for a handful to survive. It can be massively multiplayer, with everyone flying around just...being a bird.
Late... VERY LATE, but I wanted to say this: OMG! WANT!
Seriously, this could be really great. I would buy this game so much.
Exactly my kind of game. It really doesn't look like much, but I,m pretty certain it could magnificent in it's simplicity. The marvels of life, of nature could be really awesome, and would be enough (IMHO) to make a great game. Just look at Flowers, Or even Journey. I could se an online mode like Journey. One of my favorite online play I have ever experienced.

Said it before and i'll say i again: we nintendo fans need to step our fucking game up and put our money where our mouths are.

Resident Evil 6
Tomb Raider
Half Life 3
Bioshock Infinite
Bordernlands 2
Assassin's Creed 3 - Actually, would be my first!
GTA V
Aliens CM - Maybe...
Darksiders II - Never played the first, but this one is interesting
Call of Duty: Blops 2
Cloudberry Kingdom
Castlevania LOS2
Rayman Legends

You tell me that out of all these titles that could show up on the WiiU, some of you can't even find three of them appealing? We have to do our part.

The bold ones interests me. I don't have powerful PCs, and even if I did, I never play on them, only use them for work, neogaf and lurking on news site.

Mithos

Said it before and i'll say i again: we nintendo fans need to step our fucking game up and put our money where our mouths are.

Resident Evil 6
Tomb Raider
Half Life 3
Bioshock Infinite
Bordernlands 2
Assassin's Creed 3
GTA V
Aliens CM
Darksiders II
Cloudberry Kingdom
Castlevania LOS2
Rayman Legends

Those I guess, if they were announced to be on Wii U.

Xane

Of that list:

Assassins Creed 3? PC
Rayman Legends? Wii U probably. Will buy one way or the other.
Darksiders 2? Not sure yet, but if so PC.
Alien Colonial Marines? PC.
Metro Last Light? I have a beefy PC, so...PC.
Batman: Arkham City? Already own on PC.
Project Cars? If I wanted it I'd get it on PC.
Dirt? Don't want.

Exactly the same here. Nintendo consoles are primarily used to play 1st party games on.
Everything else, if possible, will be played on the PC.
Best of everything.

Donnie

Resident Evil 6
Tomb Raider
Half Life 3
Bioshock Infinite
Bordernlands 2
Assassin's Creed 3
GTA V
Aliens CM
Darksiders II
Cloudberry Kingdom
Castlevania LOS2
Rayman Legends

You tell me that out of all these titles that could show up on the WiiU, some of you can't even find three of them appealing? We have to do our part.

I find plenty of them appealing. As long as they put some effort in and release on time (no releasing months later like they often did on GC) I'll buy plenty of those games on WiiU. But I won't be supporting third parties who treat the system as a poor cousin.

japtor

Did anything big happen in the last 20 pages other than bans?
I'm in the same boat as I said above, but what if Wii U versions started running in 1080p60? Regardless of the chances of that actually happening, just for the sake of argument. If the game doesn't have serious tech enhancements on PC (a lot of ports don't), then at that point a 1080p60 console version would run as well as it ever would on PC. I think that's the only case where I'd consider a Wii U version over a PC version - or if it made REALLY compelling use of the tablet.
If a game is cross platform with PC I'll be getting the PC version unless the Wii U really offers something interesting, which I hope it will.
If your PCs are desktops then basic mirroring on the tablet could be a compelling use. Sure it's the most basic possible use for it, but it's potentially a really awesome use.

(typed on my iPad in bed a few feet away from my desktop)

PogiJones

Banned
I don't have a lot of posts, but I feel so bad... the last words I ever said to him were criticizing his stating-opinions-as-facts posting. But now I miss it. :(

It's weird, I could play those games on platforms I already own, but probably wouldn't.

The thought of playing them on the Wii U will make me buy more of those games than I would have If they were on the 360 or PS3.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Can anyone imagine a scenario where Nintendo again has dozens of, er... exhibitor ladies come out at the end of the press conf. like they did with the 3DS? They can have the controller attached to their selves but not the console, so can we say that's not going to happen this year? (I'm asking becasue I need a few more ideas for www.checkboxbingo.com )

Also, are there any personal quirks or jokes we can expect by the trio of executives? (Iwata, Fils-Amis, Miyamoto).

tkscz

Can anyone imagine a scenario where Nintendo again has dozens of, er... exhibitor ladies

You mean Reggie's bitches? That would be so fucking awesome if they did that again. I didn't find any of them attractive, but the fact that they did it that way was just fucking boss.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Yes, that's what I was referring to. There was just so many, you had to say "woah, Nintendo may just have won this year".

Gahiggidy said:
Also, are there any personal quirks or jokes we can expect by the trio of executives? (Iwata, Fils-Amis, Miyamoto).
Never know when Reggie's going to do a "kick ass and take names" callback. Miyamoto in unusual costume or with accessories, like the tux or sword/shield? Somebody pulling a new product out of their pocket?

Gahiggidy

Never know when Reggie's going to do a "kick ass and take names" callback. Miyamoto in unusual costume or with accessories, like the tux or sword/shield? Somebody pulling a new product out of their pocket?

Yeah, I had the "take names" thing in there but removed it as I thought it was so old as to be very unlikely. I still have one for "my body is ready". Maybey I'll add "Miyamoto with a prop" to the list.

DrWong

Ace got banned? Had it coming if you ask me. Him and Poo would jump on anyone that said anything against nintendo. I love nintendo as a company but they have a lot to prove with this upcoming gen and they have made a ton of mistakes. If their games weren't so good, they wouldn't be around today.

I hope with them two gone that this thread can hover back down to reality.

I feel dirty after reading this.

Updated

ibzhBDqMnjBMZX.jpg

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom