• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero148

So WiiU will be a social gaming mashine like no other device out there. Sounds good and now with a better look at NSMB, it looks really nice. Nothing groundbraking on a technical side but the background is amazing to look at from an artstyle perspective.

Soo long until tuesday, hopefully EA and Ubisoft will deliver tommorow with games which make heavy use of the Miiverse :)

Penguin

Have we started talking about the real star yet?

Non-Specific Action Figure?
When does he get his own game? Does the toy come packed into the system?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Ideaman vindicated!

To be fair, most folks didn't say he wasn't telling the truth... they just didn't like his "style" and teasing. He was fine in the last week, but the preceding month was insufferable.

Zero148

with the awesomeness of SwapNote in mind, the Miiverse concept could be a real system seller alone if marketed right. I mean, there need to be some good games, but no real System Sellers and the WiiU could become outsold everywhere alone on the Miiverse.

What I love is, that we don't only see the feed from our friendlist, but also from strangers and it seems we can contact these strangers very easy. This is very unnintendo like if I'm honest.

BHK3

Banned
yFuc

aktham

Has been announced if Wii U will upscale Wii games? I still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles...but I don't want it to look like crap on my plasma :/

Ryoku

The Wii U Miiverse is basically like this

719xSummerWarsBR1280x720Sub-Espm-9.jpg

I got a summer wars vibe out of it. I hope it gets expanded in the future. Each Mii will also have its own Mount in about a year that is some pokemon or monster hunter or even mushroom kingdom related.

I also felt the Summer Wars vibe. Very similar in concept. I also do hope for costumes and mounts that will expand in creativity. Hopefully even a home or community like PS Home.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It is, but only on WiiU. They're going to bring out the browser and cellphone versions later.

from my understanding it is avaible at WiiU from launch on, but not on other devices or the 3DS.

Oh, alright. I was reading through news sites for reactions and Kotaku had put that it wasn't going to be available at the Wii U's launch.

Before eShop but after folders.

Speaking of the eShop, I wonder if Nintendo is going to combine or integrate it to the Miiverse somehow since both are going to be available on cellphones and PC.

I'm confused so bare with me... But how would the Miiverse be implemented into the 3DS? Would it be a separate app? Would they basically revamp the way we communicate with people on the 3DS at the OS level?

Sendou

I'm confused so bare with me... But how would the Miiverse be implemented into the 3DS? Would it be a separate app? Would they basically revamp the way we communicate with people on the 3DS at the OS level?

I was thinking that maybe it's like what they showed on the mobile phone but with 3DS?

Just noticed on the Mii/achievement screen for NSMB that one of them says "Being a flying squirrel is way more fun than it should be." Tanooki confirmed or a new suit?!

wsippel

Banned
Nintendo Direct gave me confidence not so much as a gamer, but as an investor. I believe they might really have something there. And creating their own network instead of striking deals with Twitter or Facebook could end up being a stroke of genius. Great show all around - I'm actually impressed.

Here's a better version without the frame skip

aauukt.gif

I hate it, the way the gamepad morphs into the U looks very amateur/cheap, like when you did a tween shape animation on flash and it didn't turn out the way you wanted it. It really bothers me, because it's not symmetrical/smooth it just looks randomized and wrong :(

[/graphic designer's rant]

Penguin

This is probably a stretch, but does OctoG123 confirm that there will be usernames? Unless that's what he names his grandfather.

Zero148

It really bothers me, because it's not symmetrical it just looks randomized and wrong :(

it is asymmetrical on purpose, because of the asymmetrical local multiplayer possibilities with th WiiU and the whole asmmetrical concept of the console

Redford

aka Cabbie
I hate it, the way the gamepad morphs into the U looks very amateur/cheap, like when you did a tween shape animation on flash and it didn't turn out the way you wanted it. It really bothers me, because it's not symmetrical/smooth it just looks randomized and wrong :(

Yeah, I definitely noticed the tweening too, but it has a certain janky charm to it.

This is probably a stretch, but does OctoG123 confirm that there will be usernames? Unless that's what he names his grandfather.

Not a stretch at all. Nintendo would probably strongly disuade real names being used online.

(Can't wait to add all of you :3)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To me, the most promising things about the new social system are:

1) This basically gives the possibility of a leaderboard in every game.

2) Iwata hinted at sharing video--the possibility exists of sharing video content for individual levels. Can't get that last gold star coin in level 7-7? Here's the most popular video for it, without having to exist the game and visit youtube.

Would be fantastic.

Reposted from the Pre-E3 thread:

How do you think Nintendo will open their E3 Press Conference?

In 2006, they had Miyamoto using a Wii remote to conduct an orchestra.
In 2007, it was Reggie being happy with sales talk.
In 2008, it was Cammie talking about her wrist, and Shaun White snowboarding.
In 2009, it was New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
In 2010, it was The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
In 2011, it was The Legend of Zelda Symphony.

I think they may debut their press conference with a major third party game (like Microsoft and Call of Duty). Third party relationships seem to be one of their new focuses with this console, so opening with one may seem wise.

zelda25thanniversary.jpg

So, what do you think Nintendo will do and what do you think would be wise for Nintendo to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom