• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!

It's your opinion, many others liked the tease, and they always get revealed a few days later max, i did what i said (threads, etc), and said what i did.

For the other part of your comment, some people described me in those pages like a fraud, so it's a relief, let me enjoy this moment :p

RedSwirl

Okay I just read over the GameSpot blog and I'm still not all sure on what this Miiverse thing is. Did they just confirm cross-game video chat? How does messaging work exactly?

Has been announced if Wii U will upscale Wii games? I still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles...but I don't want it to look like crap on my plasma :/

I believe it was said that it does not. Probably, the fact that just about every HDTV can upscale sub-HD games lent a hand in this decision. If the TV you bought has a shitty upscaler, I know a gentleman currently on the West Coast who is very enthusiastic about telling you whether or not it is his problem. ;)

from my understanding it is avaible at WiiU from launch on, but not on other devices or the 3DS.

Yeah, it sounded like they won't have the Android/IOS apps or maybe even a web interface ready initially.

Honestly I barely payed attention, my eyes were glued to that sexy black matte plastic.

This.
1274086625_licking-lips.gif

wtsfox

Neo Member
LoyOo.png

ok if I got it right are all those icons games and the MII's around it are people who played or are paying the game. so i see wii u fit, a zelda game, a mario game, a shooter game, metroid yoshi game,mario kart, and boo game( luigi mansion wii u) and an other mario game.

so are those little spoilers from nintendo? :D

HylianTom

Banned
The backgrounds look great. What are the odds this will be a pack in? (Probably enjoy it alot more without spending an extra $50 for it)

I wish it were, but I think Nintendo's gonna be greedy on this one.

Gladly, I'd be wrong.. a pack-in Mario game at launch right before the holidays? It'd be like old times again. It'd be a recipe for big, monsterlike holiday sales.

So, did I hear correctly the Wii U has a built in screenshot function similar to what the Vita has? That's something all future systems need. That way we don't have to complain to developers to include that function in a game.

Thraktor

Nintendo Direct gave me confidence not so much as a gamer, but as an investor. I believe they might really have something there. And creating their own network instead of striking deals with Twitter or Facebook could end up being a stroke of genius. Great show all around - I'm actually impressed.

Smart move indeed, but hopefully they'll be integrating with Facebook and Twitter as well. For instance, you could set it up to automatically tweet each message with a game-specific hashtag.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Has Nintendo released a home console with more than one color? This might sound strange, but I would be more tempted to pick up a Wii U at launch if it came in black.

yes, a few times. The fact that they showed two colors in this video is a strong indication they will both be available at launch.

radcliff

I wonder if the fact they showed that Mario footage in an indication that it is just a tech demo. I mean, are we supposed to believe that zombie game is real? The tweets did say no games until Tuesday. Then why show Mario?

Roo

So.. with this Wii U Pro Controller
we can kiss goodbye on a second Wii U GamePad and Wii Classic Controller Pro? :(

Fantastical

Death Prophet
The games will be always available to play?
Maybe they install in the HDD and you don't need the disc?

You can download games online. They won't let you install it on the HDD without the disc though.

Could be like the Vita where buttons for EVERY GAME YOU HAVE EVER PLAYED are there and you can't get rid of them without losing your save file.

Oh yeah, or that. They kind of do something like that with the 3DS in StreetPass.

I wonder if the fact they showed that Mario footage in an indication that it is just a tech demo. I mean, are we supposed to believe that zombie game is real? The tweets did say no games until Tuesday. Then why show Mario?

I thought about this too. Although this looks a little too complete to be a tech demo. They probably would have just used the same levels from Super Mario Mii again if it were not intended to be a full game.

AntMurda

The backgrounds look great. What are the odds this will be a pack in? (Probably enjoy it alot more without spending an extra $50 for it)

The highest selling IP of the generation a free pack-in? As insane as that idea is. It is extra insane considering Nintendo needs as much revenue as possible right now.

Redford

aka Cabbie
It'd gotta be deliberate that they flaunted that sexiness in front of us.. right?

Yes, everything about this ND was deliciously intentional. Nintendo has got shit together this year.

Ooooo, the marketing is going to be so much fun!

*Pant* And I'll probably pick up black, if I even get the choice when preordering. :x

I really like the way NSMB Wii U looks, assuming that this is it

abgcsy.gif

This is more like it, I love the sense of distance. I'll totally get this, even if it's called NSMBMii. That one simple change in art direction makes a world of difference. (As long as it's consistent throughout the game)

Penguin

Also does the Miiverse put aside doubt that Wii U's online will be the "wild west of online gaming" like some feared?

Or is that still possible.

HylianTom

Banned
Yes, everything about this ND was deliciously intentional. Nintendo has got shit together this year.

Ooooo, the marketing is going to be so much fun!

*Pant* And I'll probably pick up black, if I even get the choice when preordering. :x

Yup! Any second-guessing I had about showing-up late to the overnight line is gone with a confirmation of black and white at launch. If it's first-come, first-served, there will be an impetus to show-up early.

LoyOo.png

ok if I got it right are all those icons games and the MII's around it are people who played or are paying the game. so i see wii u fit, a zelda game, a mario game, a shooter game, metroid yoshi game,mario kart, and boo game( luigi mansion wii u) and an other mario game.

so are those little spoilers from nintendo? :D
I think the Boo game is referred to as "Chase" in some screens, so I think that's the Chase Mii demo they presented last year at E3. Maybe they will include some minigames with the console? The "shooter" seems to be the Zombie demo from the video.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
After the Pre-E3 conference, the excuses third parties have given for not supporting it are even more disappointing. Nintendo have made it easy to develop for and stream video to the tablet as confirmed by Vigil with Darksiders 2. Don't third parties get it? You don't need to do anything extra but stream to the controller if the TV is in use. Personally, I'd rather them do that and strive for higher resolutions and framerates.

This pisses me off to the point that I'm thinking about boycotting certain games until they are either dirt cheap or I can buy them used. Seriously, as many studios that have shut down this gen, you'd think they would have learned, yet they still refuse to skip Nintendo systems.

Vinci

Danish
I hate that this is the only place where I can discuss this system without feeling like I'm being put into a position to defend it every few minutes. I don't see why people feel the need to shit up every Wii U thread. Worthless, insensitive bitches.

The Boo is Acid Ghost, guys. I think that much is obvious.

I hate that this is the only place where I can discuss this system without feeling like I'm being put into a position to defend it every few minutes. I don't see why people feel the need to shit up every Wii U thread. Worthless, insensitive bitches.

That's E3 for ya. Nintendo fans are lucky they actually have a safe haven like this. MS/Sony fanatics are gonna have to deal with a thousand and one "LOL KINECT/MOVE, CELEBRITY, HOW EMBARRASSING, HERP DERP" shit and suck it up

Yka

So they showed this Yoshi icon in Nintendo Direct Pre-E3 video. Could Good-Feel be developing Yoshi's Island game for Wii U?

yoshi_wii_u.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will reveal Good-Feel's next game at E3. They did 2D Wario and Kirby games for Wii so a 2D Yoshi game for Wii U would seem like a natural progression.

Wario Land: Shake It! (Good-Feel, Wii, 2008) and Kirby's Epic Yarn (Good-Feel, Wii, 2010)

WarioLandShakeIt.jpg
KirbysEpicYarn.jpg

SPECULATION: Yoshi's Island (Good-Feel, Wii U, 2013)

Yoshi__s_Playground_by_Orioto_NeoGAF_resize.jpg

This could rival the new Rayman games in beauty! Yoshi's Island artwork by Orioto.

What do you think?

Those guys are working a 9-5, overnight double shift or something outside this thread is hell.

Penguin

Want a hug?

I.. its been interesting reading reactions.

The past generation was Nintendo doesn't take online seriously.. never do.. They reveal an online system that seems fairly robust with a focus on the social aspect.. and people are complaining.. I can already do this, this and this on my Xbox.. or Twitter.. or my TV...

Did they want Nintendo to NOT do those things?

I don't even get mad.. just sad now.. that so many are willing to cut themselves off from any possible enjoyment from anything.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Seriously, as many studios that have shut down this gen, you'd think they would have learned, yet they still refuse to skip Nintendo systems.

Not to be a smartass, but isn't that what we want? :p

So they showed this Yoshi icon in Nintendo Direct Pre-E3 video. Could Good-Feel be developing Yoshi's Island game for Wii U?

yoshi_wii_u.jpg

Huh, that didn't occur to me. Can't wait to see! If it's in 2.5D I'll be pissed. But they could make it work, like Yoshi's Story, I guess.

As long as it isn't NSMB style.

HylianTom

Banned

I've noticed this as well. It is near-impossible to have a conversation in the main forum about certain systems without the usual suspects coming in to shit things up.

But I've heard that you can always PM a mod and they'll be happy to help.

Vinci

Danish
Those guys are working a 9-5, overnight double shift or something outside this thread is hell.

I mean, what's the damn point? That they can behave like assholes? Yes, congratulations - that takes skill. I'm sorry, but I don't go into Sony and MS threads and shit all over them, or try to color the conversation into something negative.

Show some respect, you know?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yup! Any second-guessing I had about showing-up late to the overnight line is gone with a confirmation of black and white at launch. If it's first-come, first-served, there will be an impetus to show-up early.

Wait... has it been confirmed or are you saying if it is confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom