• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Geez, you guys/gals are depressing. :p

Seriously though, no need for all the gloom and doom less then 12 hours before the conference. I will admit though that I have seriously put my expectations in check after both Micro, EA, and Sony fell well under my conference expectations.

Edit: the WiiU gamepad has analog triggers so I see need reason why the Pro controller can't be refigured before launch to include them. Also, Ubi-Soft said both of the controllers were dev-kit versions.

Ubisoft hasnt updated their site at all yet for Wii U stuff. Even the links they put in the PR releases arent up yet. You click Wii U on Ubis site and it says nothing found.

they had a clear as day compiled trailer showing off the WiiU and a guy using the GamePad in his toilet... with a screen of WiiU surrounded by all the Logos of IPs coming to WiiU why are people doubting AC3 now? Did I miss something?

antonz

they had a clear as day compiled trailer showing off the WiiU and a guy using the GamePad in his toilet... with a screen of WiiU surrounded by all the Logos of IPs coming to WiiU why are people doubting AC3 now? Did I miss something?

I dunno. Same reason why when the Head of Ubisoft France says Rayman is exclusive people still dont want to believe it.

bomma_man

It's already 800x240. They can just do a bit of vertical pixel doubling (and making the horizontal resolution like my 3D phone where you get all 800 dots across in 2D mode instead of having to do horizontal pixel doubling whenever 3D is off), and add a pretty small border on the sides, and little is lost.

I'm pretty annoyed at the implication that the revision won't be DS compatible.

It makes no sense given that the GBA port was only excised off the DSi for size reasons.

is toilet thing real? can you please link :D for giggles, but mostly because that will mean the range of the controller wireless supports that

---
but honestly, there's just no way GTAV comes to Nintendo conference.
Just getting the game will be lucky on their [our] part; they will have their own show

Kind of OT, but the short trailer for Mirror of Fate looked pretty damn good.
yes it did. I just thought it was slowed at some parts, but then again, I think it was intentional slow motion to emphasize the whipping.
The rest looked really solid; frame rate was better than Heroes of Ruin, lol

Discomurf

Well gents we are down to hours. Enjoy this moment...tomorrow could be the Nintendo we've been waiting YEARS for.

Its been an honor and a privilege speculating with you all. :')

BlackJace

Mmm the endgame. It's been a long road. I can safely say I love this thread, I don't really know what I'll do when the speculation is over.
(Besides playing the thing that is)

*Tears up*

Well gents we are down to hours. Enjoy this moment...tomorrow could be the Nintendo we've been waiting YEARS for.

Its been an honor and a privilege speculating with you all. :')
can't believe I waited over a year for this

probably took like a month of my time overall speculating in these threads

I agree, but does Rockstar believe that?

I don't know what they believe if it's not at the Nintendo conference. That doesn't mean that they'll show a trailer for it, but I really do think that Nintendo will announce it for the Wii U.

Rockstar is great at picking ways to best get their name and games out there. What better way to do that than at the conference from the only manufacturer showing off next-gen hardware? It'd instantly become one of the stories of E3 even if they just showed a logo.

is toilet thing real? can you please link :D for giggles, but mostly because that will mean the range of the controller wireless supports that

---
but honestly, there's just no way GTAV comes to Nintendo conference.
Just getting the game will be lucky on their [our] part; they will have their own show

yes it did. I just thought it was slowed at some parts, but then again, I think it was intentional slow motion to emphasize the whipping.
The rest looked really solid; frame rate was better than Heroes of Ruin, lol

I am shocked no one made a gif but things were pretty insane for the Ubi conf it was the best one of the day yesterday

but I don't have a working link to it I watched it stream on gamespot without censor beeps
the video was like an old Wii trailer where in a house the family played with WiiU the guy was coming out of the bathroom I was on IRC chat at the same time so not sure if he was seated before because I missed a lot of prior frames but there was a mess of logos about 8 or so games coming from Ubi to WiiU

ReyVGM

Does anyone have a countdown for the Nintendo conference?

Nintendo's facebook page says it starts in 7 hours, which doesn't seem to match the time I thought it would start.

e3.png

Soon...

Geez, you guys/gals are depressing. :p

Seriously though, no need for all the gloom and doom less then 12 hours before the conference. I will admit though that I have seriously put my expectations in check after both Micro, EA, and Sony fell well under my conference expectations.

Edit: the WiiU gamepad has analog triggers so I see need reason why the Pro controller can't be refigured before launch to include them. Also, Ubi-Soft said both of the controllers were dev-kit versions.

are you serious? we are all probably just talking off misinformation here. :/

edit: heh avatars back..

Actually there were quite clever. They never specify whats wrong or inaccurate. Its likely they are using the price guess the paper did to address the whole topic.

from Duckroll
But a 3DS without BC is just well dumb to me I'll keep my launch 3DS if they pull that bullshit.

antonz

But a 3DS without BC is just well dumb to me I'll keep my launch 3DS if they pull that bullshit.

Now here is the thing. when he is saying if you care about DS games or not he could simply be referring to how well the games play. The shift in resolution could muddy up DS games.
Though maybe Nintendo found a potential exploit via DS cards and the best way to secure the system is kill the DS cards off

I dunno. Same reason why when the Head of Ubisoft France says Rayman is exclusive people still dont want to believe it.

maybe because Origins was on every platform known to man they see this as the same
would be a nice exclusive it would force some hardware buyers for sure

Ubi wants to bet on WiiU they have to help it out and a few exclusives will do that job

Now here is the thing. when he is saying if you care about DS games or not he could simply be referring to how well the games play. The shift in resolution could muddy up DS games.
Though maybe Nintendo found a potential exploit via DS cards and the best way to secure the system is kill the DS cards off
The only exploit is the one that allows flash carts to work because the system is in DS mode like the DSi if they pull the 3DS XL thing I'm gonna shit a chicken..

maybe because Origins was on every platform known to man they see this as the same

Ubi wants to bet on WiiU they have to help it out and a few exclusives will do that job
I am pretty sure making all the platformers exclusive to Wii U will end up helping every platformer developer and publisher;

people think their games will be shadowed by Nintendo games; but on contrary, Nintendo games give life to platformer genre in general.

It is like think CoD is eating into sales of every FPS game; but without it, the whole genre may had not taken off [though Halo was pretty influential too]

If it didn't, then it was because the XL doubled the size of the screen. If you double it, then it's ok. The problem is when the screen size increases by 1/3 or 2/3.
screen size is not important at all; only the resolution matters. PSP games look better on PSV; the screen size ratio is arbitrary, the pixels are double

3DS without BC also locks out some sweet Pokemon games that have not even come out yet very strange unless Nintendo plans to continue production of the older 3DS and the new one is something special not a replacement

antonz

Ubi making rayman exclusive is a good idea because it doesnt water it down in the sense that as an Exclusive Launch title it has that launch title aura of appeal.

Rayman Legends will probably sell more at launch than origins lifetime sales

So far this E3 has been pretty lackluster.

MS conference was just blah. Sony's was interesting, but lacking in panache and Vita.

I did enjoy UbiSofts, but good God Aisha is gorgeous.

They showed some cool looking games too.

again, this whole thing makes no sense how to you play Pokemon B/W2 without BC?

then again its Nintendo... the people who placed digital triggers on the PRO C

Game-Biz

Wow. Can't believe we're so close. If there's a HD 3D Mario game shown I'm going to shit my pants. When I see Retro's game, I'll shit my pants. When I see Pikmin I'll...well you get the picture. Still, I'm expecting an annoying blacklash from neogaf in general when we don't see any titles surpassing graphics of any games on the PS3 or 360, as if there's any expectations that we will. That aside, I'm really hoping for some sweet concepts with the controller from 3rd parties that actually enhance the software, as well. I can trust Nintendo to deliver this -- other companies? no so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom