• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

burst

Almost every game trailer that's a mature title looked the same through all the conferences. Change the premise/theme and bam 13 different games. Every game was ultraviolet and looked like it was a interactive movie(more so on the movie side).

Was a breath of fresh air during the Ubi conference when they showed rayman.

Wow. Can't believe we're so close. If there's a HD 3D Mario game shown I'm going to shit my pants. When I see Retro's game, I'll shit my pants. When I see Pikmin I'll...well you get the picture. Still, I'm expecting an annoying blacklash from neogaf in general when we don't see any titles surpassing graphics of any games on the PS3 or 360, as if there's any expectations that we will. That aside, I'm really hoping for some sweet concepts with the controller from 3rd parties that actually enhance the software, as well. I can trust Nintendo to deliver this -- other companies? no so much.

I actually think the Nintendo backlash will be very minimal tomorrow.

I say this because of the bad reaction to both Microsoft's and Sony's press conferences.

If Nintendo has a good show, they'll get praised for it. Even on Gaf.

antonz

I see; he is usually very strict with his NDA; we should be lucky to get NPD leaks from him...

but this time he seems oddly specific.

He has been saying this stuff over a period of 2 weeks scattered. Now its just all coming togeather since we have the newspaper breaking the story

I am kinda pissed about Killer Freaks
LLShC.gif

totally hate that shit... they showed this whole concept last year sold us on it and now Zombie spores are real?

WTF utra violent M rated British Zombie thing... its just not my type of game... the other had Rabbids comedy going for it... while this one I will have to wait and see tomorrow what is shown

gone to watch Giantbomb stream

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

Game-Biz

I actually think the Nintendo backlash will be very minimal tomorrow.

I say this because of the bad reaction to both Microsoft's and Sony's press conferences.

If Nintendo has a good show, they'll get praised for it. Even on Gaf.

I hope so. I remember E3 2010 all of Neogaf praised Nintendo for delivering the goods, both Nintendo and non-Nintendo fans alike. Hoping for a repeat of greatness.

I am kinda pissed about Killer Freaks http://i.imgur.com/LLShC.gif

totally hate that shit... they showed this whole concept last year sold us on it and now Zombie spores are real?

WTF utra violent M rated British Zombie thing... its just not my type of game... the other had Rabbids comedy going for it... while this one I will have to wait and see tomorrow what is shown

gone to watch Giantbomb stream
why would you want a shitty game though? They obviously scrapped it because it sucked and was going nowhere.

hopefully Nintendo has no singers or dancers on stage... no moms, families, or children on stage

no retired sports stars or corny ceos on stage

a sexy black chick that feels a little gay at times and has gurl wood, I'm OK with that

why would you want a shitty game though? They obviously scrapped it because it sucked and was going nowhere.

I think he is just saying it looked and sounded more refreshing than this zombi game that will seemingly be sterile as hell. I agree, but maybe the Zombi invasion will make us each the crow tomorrow.

Mistle

Almost every game trailer that's a mature title looked the same through all the conferences. Change the premise/theme and bam 13 different games. Every game was ultraviolet and looked like it was a interactive movie(more so on the movie side).

Was a breath of fresh air during the Ubi conference when they showed rayman.
Agreed. I mean, I'm sure they all differ enough to be interesting in their own right, but still not enough for me.. I've never really gotten into those "mature", mostly-western games.

And it's not just because I like Nintendo. I just lose interest in them very quickly. There are of course stand outs that are amazing, but the games shown at the 2 conferences so far all sort of blend into one big action-cinematic game to me.

burst

if the game is anything like the Dayz mod for ARMA, i will be happy. Open world city online multiplayer with no objective other than to survive.

I think he is just saying it looked and sounded more refreshing than this zombi game that will seemingly be sterile as hell. I agree, but maybe the Zombi invasion will make us each the crow tomorrow.

did they not show that you could play as the alien freaks and send attacks against the human player... so shit like that seemed different guess it did not work out

I cannot believe that damn Nintendo Direct video was really playing this game we were all guessing it too but he kept talking about Zombie boss breaking down his door

antonz

did they not show that you could play as the alien freaks and send attacks against the human player... so shit like that seemed different guess it did not work out

I cannot believe that damn Nintendo Direct video was really playing this game we were all guessing it too but he kept talking about Zombie boss breaking down his door

Apparently that multiplayer mode is still in. Player with Wii U Gamepad gets to be the Zombie Master and the 2nd player uses Pro controller

Anth0ny

No matter what happens tomorrow, I bet people are still gonna complain about the lack of Watch Dogs on Wii U. I'm really hoping for a surprise announcement tomorrow.

Is anyone else a tiny bit worried of gimmicks overshadowing games? Lets say they show Pikmin 3, and it looks great, but then they focus on a controller gimmick during gameplay and it just makes everything seem lamer. Same for Retro's game, and Mario. Though if the extent of Mario's controller screen use is just the information on the map and whatnot, then that's fine.

Apparently that multiplayer mode is still in. Player with Wii U Gamepad gets to be the Zombie Master and the 2nd player uses Pro controller

maybe this is why Capcom passed on RE6

as shit as I think Zombie games are because there are way too many of them this was much more interesting a trailer than the shit action summer movie Capcom has going for it

if that stuff is still in with some british comedy this game could be a sleeper hit

burst

I do love the zombie apocalypse premise, but it has been done to death in the last 4 years in all mediums.

Really hope this game is more on the survial side of a zombie apocalypse with more focus on avoidance than run/gun gameplay.

if the game is anything like the Dayz mod for ARMA, i will be happy. Open world city online multiplayer with no objective other than to survive.

If I were Ubi, I'd be looking really hard at this mod for what to do in terms of mechanics and multiplayer. If they delivered something close to DayZ on a console they'd be swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck.

I do love the zombie apocalypse premise, but it has been done to death in the last 4 years in all mediums.
I think it's going to be like House of Dead; which hasn't been done since House of Dead...

---
for conference, I think bellow will be shown:

Castlevania 2
Sonic Transformers

Isn't ZombiU that game that was shown in Nintendo's pre-E3 Wii U video? It looked kind of rough.

I was talking about how Killer Freaks became that game... the trailer we saw at Ubi Conf was very nice and sharp while the stuff on the TV for Nintendo Direct was dark and fuzzy

different build? CG vs in-game? dunno in a few hours we will have a better idea

I was talking about how Killer Freaks became that game... the trailer we saw at Ubi Conf was very nice and sharp while the stuff on the TV for Nintendo Direct was dark and fuzzy

different build? CG vs in-game? dunno in a few hours we will have a better idea
obviously CG vs in-game; for killer freaks they showed a high quality CG; some even mistook it for in-game

Really hope this game is more on the survial side of a zombie apocalypse with more focus on avoidance than run/gun gameplay.

I'm hoping there is still some alien connection as in those spores we saw... maybe they get bitten by rabbids :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Right, it's awesome, but people shouldn't be expected to buy peripherals or use alternatives to a controller that is specifically targeting the traditional market. Making a controller that is supposed to replicate the 360/PS3 controller and excluding a standard feature is silly.

EC we both know there are over 100 million wii motes in the wild. I don't think we have to worry about anyone having to buy another one

I can't remember the last time I've ever used analog triggers on a console.

never played on a 360 or ps3? I mean that's really unfortunate for you but its essential for a lot of gamers, especially the core gamers nintendo said they wanted to bring in.

LOL.

You won't have that quality even on next ps4 or x720

I hate CG

I saw it with resident evil 6 when they go to the cutscenes you see this nice sharp look then they flowed into in game action and you saw the character degrade then he runs to the door there it was again a cutscene that he is opening the door animation he looks sharp as hell again

fuck we need next next next generation now

I hate CG

I saw it with resident evil 6 when they go to the cutscenes you see this nice sharp look then they flowed into in game action and you saw the character degrade then he runs to the door there it was again a cutscene that he is opening the door animation he looks sharp as hell again

What you're describing isn't CG. That's just them using high detail models for the cutscenes. It's still all being rendered in real time.

Game-Biz

I hate CG

Wait 10 more years on PC and we'll be there, baby

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Here's a bad case for tomorrow, and something I hope doesn't happen.

Here's what I don't want to happen:
- Nintendo slacks on graphics for most of their games (NSMB, Pikmin, Wii U Sports / Party game, Kirby or Yoshi game) leaving the only really impressive title to Retro. They look good enough but are outshined by most PS3/360 games we've been seeing at E3.
- 3rd party support is obviously lacking. Nintendo highlights Zombi U as a big "hardcore game" with little else from 3rd parties.
- No eShop games revealed for Wii U.
- Nintendo spends more than 7 minutes on New Super Mario Bros.
- Embarrassing demo showing a party or casual game that lasts too long and is just generally embarrassing. (Maybe Your Shape Fitness?)
- More than 2 multiplats demoed.

Get hyped, lol. :p
I'm a worrier.

funny things about last night...

Halo 4 made me feel like I was looking at Metroid Prime
Last of Us made me feel like I was watching an Uncharted playthrough on YT

Mistle

Here's a bad case for tomorrow, and something I hope doesn't happen.

Here's what I don't want to happen:
- Nintendo slacks on graphics for most of their games (NSMB, Pikmin, Wii U Sports / Party game, Kirby or Yoshi game) leaving the only really impressive title to Retro. They look good enough but are outshined by most PS3/360 games we've been seeing at E3.
- 3rd party support is obviously lacking. Nintendo highlights Zombi U as a big "hardcore game" with little else from 3rd parties.
- No eShop games revealed for Wii U.
- Nintendo spends more than 7 minutes on New Super Mario Bros.
- Embarrassing demo showing a party or casual game that lasts too long and is just generally embarrassing. (Maybe Your Shape Fitness?)
- More than 2 multiplats demoed.

Get hyped, lol. :p
I'm a worrier.
Honestly? Any of that is plausible imo. I'm optimistic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom