• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroslash

So, you just created a new youtube account to upload this.....XD

A developer in Barcelona. Buen intento tio....más suerte la próxima vez jajajajaja

Ubisoft, Gameloft and Novorama are all in Barcelona...so i don't know what are you saying.

As i said, i haven't done this. I really would like to know how to do something like that, but i do not have that level.

Video doesnt even have a Wii u logo or 'coming soon' or anything :p

It's also not how Nintendo does trailers at all. They wouldn't show the mask at the beginning to give away the reveal. And most trailers cut quickly between lots of gameplay and cinematics, but that would take the faker tons of time to create individual scenes for a split second of screen time each. Terrible fake since it has no resemblance to an actual trailer.

effzee

Avatars are back. Why? Won't it slow down the servers even more?

Oh well I won't even bother to check GAF till at least 1-2 hours after the conference when its back up.

Going for a quick run then some Skyward Sword until 12pm Eastern for the conference.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
That's pretty promising. The feel of the trailer was great.

And i would say it's not by chance that they showed a trailer with a "grim" version of the British anthem, this setting, etc, just a few days after the queen jubilee.

Really, it won't be "just another zombie game".

BY2K

Membero Americo
IT'S TIME.

iwataci.png

Is that made with an Expandables poster?

Because it's awesome.

It's also not how Nintendo does trailers at all. They wouldn't show the mask at the beginning to give away the reveal. And most trailers cut quickly between lots of gameplay and cinematics, but that would take the faker tons of time to create individual scenes for a split second of screen time each. Terrible fake since it has no resemblance to an actual trailer.

Why would they show only one room in an entire trailer? That alone tells me it's fake.

Also the logo for the game is wrong. Too much space between "Majora's" and "Mask."

And i would say it's not by chance that they showed a trailer with a "grim" version of the British anthem, this setting, etc, just a few days after the queen jubilee.

I think it's safe to say we know who your developer sources work for now ideaman. :p

Bumhead

Banned
Does anyone suspect the anti-hype from yesterday could potentially damage Nintendo today?

I look across at the gaming forum and there is a LOT of negative feeling towards the industry in general right now. A feeling replicated by plenty of the gaming press, who feel like the industry is creatively void right now following on from Microsoft, Sony and EA's conferences.

But what does this negative vibe mean for Nintendo? Does it position them in a place where they can blow people away with new experiences and bright, colourful games that aren't just another shooting gallery? Can they "win" E3 with games like Pikmin? Or will a possible reliance on "the usual suspect" franchises and more Mario games fuel what is already being said of the industry following on from yesterday?

Just a devils advocate sort of question, really. I have no agenda either way (although I hope the former is true!) but I'm curious what sort of state the general mood of E3 is in right now.

Guys guys, a developer friend of mine has received a video about a new Zelda game for Wii U. I have asked but he hasn't said anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50d9xsLzB0&feature=youtu.be

That specific behavior is almost guaranteed to result in a ban if it turns out not to be true. Anyone claiming to have a friend/relative in the industry giving information better damn be telling the truth.

It makes no sense at all that any developer would get a Zelda video.

darthdago

What? Yeah, i would really like to be able to do something like that...LOL

Believe it or not, the story is real. A developer in Barcelona has passed this to me. I don't know if it is real or not.

I'm not posting this to be banned. I just wanted to share it with you and to know if you think it is possible or not.

thanks for shareing it.

I dont think its real but who knows these days...maybe Nintendo is watching Neogaf all the time and has seen that there is money to make with ZELDA HD remakes?!

Nintendo+money= good bet
this video = most likely fake (but we'll find out soon enough...)

antonz

I hope for the best for sure because they are hyping the survivor horror aspect and thats whats missing from basically every Zombie game now.

Zombies in games have become an excuse for finding ways to just destroy them in gory ways instead of the horror aspect

aeroslash

That specific behavior is almost guaranteed to result in a ban if it turns out not to be true. Anyone claiming to have a friend/relative in the industry giving information better damn be telling the truth.

It makes no sense at all that any developer would get a Zelda video.

As i said, i don't know if it's fake or not. The truth is i have some friends in the industry and one of them has send me this link.

HylianTom

Banned
So.. today is Nintendo's Day. I am excited!

And I made an offer a while back to retain secrets regarding this console, swearing an oath on The Dog that I wouldn't open any messages until today. I've said a few times over the months that I was disappointed by the participation level on my offer to carry some secrets, and that one risk was that I'd end-up looking like a damn fool when the time came to open any messages.

I got just one person to take me up on that offer, and I've been able to open the message finally today. Here is the content of his message:

Anonymous said:
At the end of Nintendo's press conference this year he will announce the final feature of the Wii U. In an industry first the Wii U will be the first home console to feature TWO ergonomic handles on perpendicular sides of the console.

I sincerely hope you have kept your word about not reading this until E3.

That's it, folks. A bit disappointing. Still, I'm glad I took the risk.

*PriceIsRightLoserHorns.wav* :/

Happy E3 Day, Folks!

effzee

Since the next console Zelda is probably 3 years away I would love for them to update Majora's Mask into a HD version for WiiU. One of the most overlooked and underrated games of all time.

I would go nuts if something like that was available at launch!

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Why would they show only one room in an entire trailer? That alone tells me it's fake.

Also the logo for the game is wrong. Too much space between "Majora's" and "Mask."

I think it's safe to say we know who your developer sources work for now ideaman. :p

90% of my info is not coming from Ubi, i said a long time ago that it was "too obvious" :p The few i got from them is recent and just hearsays about their impressions, their feels, during development. It seems folks working on those Wii U titles had a LOT of fun imagining features using Wii U specifics, so if we get that in the games, it will be cool :)

Tim-E

Pretty much everything shown yesterday was already known, which added to the disappointment from many people. If there had been a few surprises I don't think people would be as feisty.

Nintendo is going to be showing nothing but new stuff essentially today. We knew a lot going into the other two conferences, we know nothing going into this one.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
In case anybody missed it:

Spike TV is airing MULTIPLE WiiU demos right after the press conference, and has interviews with both Reggie and Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

HylianTom

Banned
Pretty much everything shown yesterday was already known, which added to the disappointment from many people. If there had been a few surprises I don't think people would be as feisty.

Nintendo is going to be showing nothing but new stuff essentially today. We knew a lot going into the other two conferences, we know nothing going into this one.

We've been ranting on the element of surprise for months now, and people are finally recognizing.. I've seen it mentioned many times in their multiple complaints about yesterday: "there were no surprises."

Tim-E

We've been ranting on the element of surprise for months now, and people are finally recognizing.. I've seen it mentioned many times in their multiple complaints about yesterday: "there were no surprises."

Yep. I think part of the reason E3 has a reputation for being exciting is that element of surprise. "Megatons" and "bombs" and such. For better or worse, it's a part of what the expected E3 experience is and there wasn't much of that yesterday.

Whoever made that MM HD vid is damn talented. Reminds me of the Nintendo ON with CG games at the end!

First thing I thought, as well.

Nothing right now, but +1 for listening to the Roots. Pretty much everything they put out is gold.

Agreed. Speaking of music how bad ass would it be if Iwata walked out to The Game has Changed from Daft Punk's Tron soundtrack. I would declare him a boss for life.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In case anybody missed it:

Spike TV is airing MULTIPLE WiiU demos right after the press conference, and has interviews with both Reggie and Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

Also, Morgan Webb will be standing by on G4 ready to criticize anything and everything Nintendo announces! Tune in right after the conference!

Effect

I get the strong feeling I'm going to need some extra money for launch. Have a good feeling about today. Decided to sell my Move controller setup. I bought them on a whim a few months ago when I was playing Killzone 3 and then Resistance 3 (sold that after beating it). Outside of The Fight (which I could never get working properly) I haven't used it and it isn't as good as the Wii remote I feel. So it's going to be the first time I've traded in hardware. Sucks that I'm losing money on it but I doubt I could sell it out right for given the state of Move. So I could end up with enough for a new game from Amazon if all goes well. Need to check when I get home if I have all the packaging. I know I have the box for the starter bundle still. I do wish that had taken off though but Sony didn't do enough or try to convince enough 3rd parties to incorporate it.

Tim-E

Microsoft had Usher, so that means that Ravi Drums needs to return today for the hour long presentation on Wii Music 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom