• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, Once you get Quen II, fighting groups becomes insanely easy. The fact that it starts reflecting damage back on enemies is awesome. (Kinda wish I'd had it during the
Letho
fight in Chapter 1.)

Deadly

Van Buren said:
I think the limit stays fixed, but I'm only at the end of Chapter 1. There is a weightless inventory mod linked a page or two back if you're getting frustrated at the arbitrary limit. I just started using it and I can't think of going back.
Besides the Strong Back ability from the prologue, there are probably items that add weight. I've only gotten one so far though.

JohngPR

In the first Witcher game, I banged anyone and everyone, but in this one....I have a guilty feeling anytime I'm propositioned. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe it's because of the relationship I established with Triss, but I feel like staying faithful to her. :p

Dina

JohngPR said:
In the first Witcher game, I banged anyone and everyone, but in this one....I have a guilty feeling anytime I'm propositioned. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe it's because of the relationship I established with Triss, but I feel like staying faithful to her. :p

I do the same. I avoid sex with anyone but Triss, even though I was kinda hard-pressed when Ves came on to me. Special forces chicks must be pure napalm in the sack.

Echoplx

Deadly said:
Besides the Strong Back ability from the prologue, there are probably items that add weight. I've only gotten one so far though.

Where do you find that in the prologue? I only managed to fine the Assassin one.

JohngPR said:

Chapter 1 spoilers
After that conversation you have with her in the elven fountain I can see where you're coming from. Kinda scummy to sleep with every whore in town after she promises to drop everything to help you on your mission.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Salaadin said:
Regarding mutagens, I have a ton. Are these permanent stat boosts or temporary? Should I be using all I find?

Permanent. I personally save for greater mutagens (I don't know if there is a tier beyond that) since you can't remove them after they are placed.

Van Buren

Sethos said:
Anyone know the back story behind this ploughing obsession?

It comes up in conversation within the first few minutes of the game, and that sets the tone throughout. It would be funny to see how long people can last if they played a drinking game centered around the word 'ploughing' in the game.

There's even a hilarious song regarding ploughing sung by a drunk guard.

Salaadin

Archie said:
Permanent. I personally save for greater mutagens (I don't know if there is a tier beyond that) since you can't remove them after they are placed.
What do they attach to? Armor?
I usually full my armor slots with enhancements.

Sethos

Banned
Van Buren said:
It comes up in conversation within the first few minutes of the game, and that sets the tone throughout. It would be funny to see how long people can last if they played a drinking game centered around the word 'ploughing' in the game.

There's even a hilarious song regarding ploughing sung by a drunk guard.

Oh yeah, I know it's from the game but they use it constantly, even enemy soldiers shout it in some context. Just thought it had some back story from CD Projekt's standpoint?

Varna

Damn. Gerald looks so awesome in the hooded armor.

Nearing the end of chapter 1... :(

Been doing everything I could. Just finished crafting the best weapons and armor I could find. All out of side quest too... spoiler'ish question, are there any easy to miss side quest? Just randomly walked into a house and
got the whole hang over sidequest. I can get rid of this tattoo eventually right?

Echoplx

Varna said:

Been doing everything I could. Just finished crafting the best weapons and armor I could find. All out of side quest too... spoiler'ish question, are there any easy to miss side quest? Just randomly walked into a house and
got the whole hang over sidequest. I can get rid of this tattoo eventually right?

You should have a game guide which you can check up on and see all the quests.

zlatko

Banned
Varna said:

Yes you can by talking to either Triss or the other sorceress later on, but I can't for the life of me find one of the ingredients to do so. Wolf's Aloe I think it is?

PaulLFC

Just bought this! Can't seem to register it after installation though, I keep getting "A connection to the server cannot be established" when trying to create a new account, and the Login and Register buttons on thewitcher.com are greyed out.

Emailed their support address and asked them about it on Twitter, but is anyone else still having this problem? According to their forums it was like this a couple of days ago but should have been fixed now. Doesn't seem to be, though.

Edit: Seems to have fixed itself now. I applied the patch (had to manually install it), then tried to register again and it worked. Not sure if applying the patch was connected though.

Salaadin

Regarding the burned mansion quest in act 1
am I reading into this too much or was there a vibe from that woman that she was formerly a patient of theirs with her "just like old times" comment. Was she loredos wife?

Varna said:

Wondering the same thing myself.

So the verifying/downloading loop thing is an actual issue, not just me official response on the site: RED dude is a mod

any updates on how to solve the dlc downloading and verifying loop problem?
Like Reply
1 hour ago

REDDorigen
Collapse
It's still being fixed.
Like Reply
1 hour ago in reply to Vin Fei Ban F

Micius

Salaadin said:
Regarding the burned mansion quest in act 1
am I reading into this too much or was there a vibe from that woman that she was formerly a patient of theirs with her "just like old times" comment. Was she loredos wife?

She is the mother of Loredo. You will find out a bit more about her later.
The wall scribblings in her room (only visible if you choose one of the two branching paths at the end of chapter 1) confirm that yes, she is a patient from the asylum.

pahamrick

Van Buren said:
Am I imagining things, or does drinking Rook, for the increased strength and damage, make arm-wrestling easier ?

Arm-wrestling is ridiculously easy as is, using a mouse at least. I can max bet and win every time with hardly any effort.

woober

I know its been said, but DAMN this is the most well made forest in any game. It feels like you can truly get lost in it. They did a great job with the terrain.

Arde5643

Van Buren said:
Am I imagining things, or does drinking Rook, for the increased strength and damage, make arm-wrestling easier ?
Wouldn't be surprised if it does, since cdprojeckt is really detailed and anal about those stuffs.

Salaadin

Micius said:
She is the mother of Loredo. You will find out a bit more about her later.

Not reading your spoilered text but thanks. I just have a strange hunch about the way that whole thing went down. I wasnt sure if I made the right call there but it kinda felt like I did afterwards.

Sethos said:
Oh yeah, I know it's from the game but they use it constantly, even enemy soldiers shout it in some context. Just thought it had some back story from CD Projekt's standpoint?

in the old medieval times where there's no tv or video games, what do people do for entertainment? =P

So, the DLC system for this game is a total disaster. Troll Trouble didn't work, nor did my Roche or Swordsman Jackets, despite all three having green checks. Anybody have any clue what to do? I'd like to get Troll Trouble before I advance Chapter 1, obviously.

I can't unactivate or remove and reinstall- there is no option. Should I just delete the actual files and see if it will let me redownload/reinstall? Any other helpful hints out there?

Salaadin

SerArthurDayne said:
So, the DLC system for this game is a total disaster. Troll Trouble didn't work, nor did my Roche or Swordsman Jackets, despite all three having green checks. Anybody have any clue what to do? I'd like to get Troll Trouble before I advance Chapter 1, obviously.

I can't unactivate or remove and reinstall- there is no option. Should I just delete the actual files and see if it will let me redownload/reinstall? Any other helpful hints out there?

They had this post about DLC yesterday:

Troll Trouble in Trouble
May 20, 2011, 12:53 a.m.

We are currently experiencing problems with the Troll Trouble DLC. We are working on a solution for this problem. Good news is that the solution to this problem should solve all recent problems with the DLC. The bad news is that there is the problem.

UPDATE 1:57 AM CET: We've returned to the old way of serving the DLC but this doesn't mean that it solves everything. Most of you will be able to download the DLC. Some of you probably won't. We know what's the problem - it resolves around the DLC CRC being cached but can't do much about it at this very moment. This issue is very important for us as we understand how you feel. We will try to address this issue with a support software in the mean time and this problem should be solved finally with the incoming Patch1 - early next week.

I started playing day 1 minute 1 for about 4 hours a day, and I'm still in Flotsam. It's just so beautiful to look at, a rainy night is the best looking shit I've ever seen.

The game itself is great to play, but combined with the visuals (which are the best ever imo) it's something else.

Well back to running around looking at random stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I must have been lucky. dLC is working fine for me.

Van Buren

L0st Id3ntity said:
I started playing day 1 minute 1 for about 4 hours a day, and I'm still in Flotsam. It's just so beautiful to look at, a rainy night is the best looking shit I've ever seen.

The game itself is great to play, but combined with the visuals (which are the best ever imo) it's something else.

Well back to running around looking at random stuff.

I've been doing the same, though I'm around the 25 hour mark and still in Flotsam. To put it mildly, I'm quite taken with that forest and the plough-filled womanizing settlement.

WEGGLES

I'm sure this has been asked 1000000 times, but in the prologue with the dragon. How do you go between the 2 wooden buildings with out being set on fire. I can't figure out what they want from me.

(also: is this game this difficult the entire time? I'm having a load of trouble on the prologue)

woober

Van Buren said:
I've been doing the same, though I'm around the 25 hour mark and still in Flotsam. To put it mildly, I'm quite taken with that forest and the plough-filled womanizing settlement.

The forest still amazes me. It doesn't even feel like it was made by a level designer. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE.

woober

WEGGLES said:
I'm sure this has been asked 1000000 times, but in the prologue with the dragon. How do you go between the 2 wooden buildings with out being set on fire. I can't figure out what they want from me.

(also: is this game this difficult the entire time? I'm having a load of trouble on the prologue)

Look out of the structure and wait for the dragon to swoop under the bridge. Then make a run for it!

Carm

zlatko said:
Yes you can by talking to either Triss or the other sorceress later on, but I can't for the life of me find one of the ingredients to do so. Wolf's Aloe I think it is?

Varna said:

Vendor in building outside of city gates, female, has what you're looking for. Talk to Triss first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom