• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fezan said:
What about people who have monitor with aspect ratio of 4:3 :(
How long you had that avatar? Or did you just save mine and alter it? Now I will have to change mine. If you did cop it, at least ask next time please!

Be honest as I'm not upset but I hate sharing the same avatar with someone else. I just cropped and made mine not 2 hours ago too.

Geoff9920

claimed!

138jtd.png

AMAZING OT... glad to have been a part of it - hope everyone who picked up Avatars is enjoying them :)

If anyone wants custom Avatars of their current avatars "witcherised" then either post in this thread or PM me :)

Ponti

Wow first time I've heard those tracks, incredible music.

I'll probably end up caving and buying this even though it'll violate my PC.

matmanx1

Nice looking OT! I dug out my pre-order Avatars and decided to change to Iorveth for this festive occasion and in honor of my squirrel friendly Geralt. Can't wait!

dwebo said:
I'm assuming it'd still output at 1440x900, only the black bars would reduce the rendered resolution to 1440x810.
This is exactly what happens. Played a lot of games at 1440x810 since 16:9 monitors have taken over. Bulletstorm and AssCreed are the most recent games I completed in cinema mode. No complaints here though!

Corto

I'm reading the OP while listening to the soundtracks... just beautiful. I commend you Snuggler as I can appreciate all the work that this OT took you. Thanks for all your trouble and enthusiasmt! My GOG version will be preloaded tomorrow... Can't wait.

woober

I've been replaying Witcher 1, and only nearing the close of Act 1. I fear I won't have a save to import when the sequel is out. I've been on a media blackout for 2. Can't wait to have the awesome music and environments hit me for the first time.

Sober

Fezan said:
What about people who have monitor with aspect ratio of 4:3 :(
Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. Everyone complains about having some black bars, people with 4:3 lose 1/3 of their screen. Meh, I got used to it after AC1 to ACBro on the PC. I really stop noticing anyway.

Fredescu

ColonialRaptor said:
If anyone wants custom Avatars of their current avatars "witcherised" then either post in this thread or PM me :)
Not sure how you'd do it, but could you have a shot at witcherising Mario Neil?
neilmario.png

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Anyone know if game saves are available anywhere? I lost my complete game save a while back and I really want to import :-/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fox318 said:
Snuggler, did you ever get that press kit?

Not yet but it may take a while to arrive considering it has to go over seas. I'll let you guys know since I still plan to give it away.

Snuggler said:
someone should give that guy silver hair and an eye scar

Perfect Idea.

This will be done.

I'm at work now, so any requests will have to go in line but I will do them after work now (so it will be in about 5 hours that I start working on them).

Salaadin

ColonialRaptor said:
Perfect Idea.

This will be done.

I'm at work now, so any requests will have to go in line but I will do them after work now (so it will be in about 5 hours that I start working on them).

Any ideas for mine? Id love a Witcher 2 Adol but im not sure how it can be done....

Salsa

Attackthebase said:
Mug someone...then you can get it day 1! :-D

well one could also argue that my rig aint ready. At least not to play it in its full glory, wich the game clearly deserves.

I can't decide if I should replay The Witcher or not. I have a finished save but its not the path that I really want. So I can't decide, because its going to take some effort to get through the whole game all over again.

Finally got motivated to play the witcher 1 now that the second game is so close to release.

Whoever said the game looks like a ps2 game (was it in this thread or the other one?) hasn't played on his ps2 in a while, the effects, lighting and textures are much better.

Any important Do's or don'ts or other stuff that I should be aware of?
I'm going to try to play it 'blank slate' with no guides or faqs to ruin things (hence my asking here, before something bites me in the ass), and pray that I don't go OCD over having to make choices...

The game seems to tear like a motherfucker btw, not sure why, I had to force vsync in ccc =\

Varna

Lostconfused said:
I can't decide if I should replay The Witcher or not. I have a finished save but its not the path that I really want. So I can't decide, because its going to take some effort to get through the whole game all over again.

Played the game many times myself. But this is a new pc and I don't have a save file for it so I'm running through it one more time. I used a save game editor to buff up my character a bit.. should make getting past the annoying bits easier (no more farming for that damn leather jacket +1).

Synless

Oddly enough, when I visited "Can you run it" when they first announced the specs, it said I could run it no problem. Now it says that I don't even meet the minimum requirements. I am now sad.

I'm still chugging along on a 3.2Ghz dual-core, so I think I'm going to see how systems similar to mine handle it before purchasing.

I'm playing the Witcher 1 now and it's so good. I've already spent 11 hours on it since Saturday night according to Steam. Really excited now to see how the sequel turns out.

Fredescu

SneakyStephan said:
I'm going to try to play it 'blank slate' with no guides or faqs to ruin things (hence my asking here, before something bites me in the ass), and pray that I don't go OCD over having to make choices...
A lot of people find the Act 1 boss really frustrating without
Aard, with Stun. Put a couple of points in that tree early to avoid a common frustration.
(not much of a spoiler, just in case you were trying to avoid particular tactics or whatever). Otherwise, don't sweat too much about the noticeboard quests if you start to find them boring. Money really isn't a big deal. It starts off a little slow. Just keep in mind that it keeps getting better and better. I would say that once you get to the end of Act 2/start of Act 3, like a good book you won't be able to put it down.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
SalsaShark said:
HONORED BY THE GODS

you now have a small window into Evilore's life

count the sex cards.

I forgot to hook up with the lady of the lake on my second playthrough (that one) :|

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I upgraded my graphics card (and subsequently by PSU) just for this game. Last game I did that for was Oblivion and I sank 100+ hours into that.

Can't. Wait.

RedSwirl

Exuro said:
Oh snap I got confirmation that there is fishing/lures.

WHUUUUU....

For some reason fishing minigames always get me more hyped up. I just hope most games that do this would basically rip off the ones in Zelda.

Also, something about the videos has made me also want to play Witcher 2 with a controller. Is the combat still like the first game where you command and then Geralt attacks, or is it like an action RPG where you directly attack with a face button?

Van Buren

SneakyStephan said:

To make money in the early parts of the game, play Dice Poker. If you are truly strapped for money and need to buy a book to take a quest, exploit the old quicksave -> quickload trick to never lose in Dice Poker. After an opponent runs out of money, you can replay the opponent after some time.

You will run into contract quests that ask you to turn in monster parts looted from monsters. If you do the sidequests in each chapter, you will typically get all the parts needed for these contract quests. If you are truly stuck on completing a few contract quests, the witcher wikia has locations where the monsters generally spawn, and contains minimal to no spoilers.

Salaadin said:
Any ideas for mine? Id love a Witcher 2 Adol but im not sure how it can be done....

I'm quite good with Pixel Art (I did some on SalsaShark's Avatar) and I have an idea for yours.

I'll do a pixel Geralt for you if you want. Any particular stance that you'd like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom