• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Fjordson

A little random, but does anyone have that hilarious/awesome gif of who I assume is Roche where he like busts through a bridge, does a combat roll, and then takes out a dude as he pops up?

Edit: Found it

rochegifkq9b.gif

Lmao. Greatness.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Started this for the first time a few months ago but quit shortly after when I heard about this free update. Looking forward to restarting again. Might even double dip on the 360 version just to support the devs.

Max

I am not Max
So hyped for the update. Going to replay with all the opposite choices from my first playthrough

gdt

So awesome. Ready to replay this baby. But it sucks the pad UI improvements aren't carrying over to the PC version. I don't understand why they would. Have the UI change whether I have a pad connected/in use or not. Like DXHR.

Tokubetsu

If you post in this thread, and don't buy this day one or don't already own the PC version...I will find you. Best modern RPG.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I've done my best to hold off replaying until the EE plops. I did a neutral path replay of TW1 to get me prepped, even got dat Raven armor to import. Can't wait.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I heard they beefed up the third act - that was my only complaint with the vanilla version. CDP deserves a lot of love on the X360. Totally buying this.

This is the best non open-world RPG to grace consoles this generation. If you don't buy it 360 owners, then you have no right to bitch about the constant amount of shitty unoriginal sequels you get.

inky

Bought this since the winter steam sale but put it on hold for the EE. I AM READY! Plus now I can choose BROche path.

gdt

Yeah, I've done my best to hold off replaying until the EE plops. I did a neutral path replay of TW1 to get me prepped, even got dat Raven armor to import. Can't wait.

I played TW2 vanilla when it came out, then planned to replay it when 2.0 came out, then heard about this. I'll probably start my replay, then we'll hear about a Director's Cut of The Enhanced 2.0 Edition.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Pumped that this game is getting a second release of sorts.

I've already played through it twice, but I'll definitely be giving it another go with the Extended Edition. Too bad the improved 360 pad controls won't be brought to the PC version. There's a reason I played through both times using the keyboard and mouse.

Why? That's so weird. You can play the PC version with a 360 pad, so there's no reason why those enhancements don't apply to PC.
They're talking about how they remapped the controls to different buttons to better match other console action games. So changing the controls on the PC would just get really confusing for those already used to it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I will replay the shit out of this game for a third time. Best game of last year, imo. My hype is hyped.

Love the censored version, hahaha

I'm finally getting around to finishing this. I thought the Witcher series was immune to this from me, but I have this horrible problem with rpgs... I get really excited going into them, and then suddenly drop them out of nowhere. However, I've caught the bug again, and I've put in several hours this last week/end in it.

Tweaked some of my settings and have things running better now. Really enjoying this a lot, but it makes me want to replay the first again, as well...

I wish gog had some way of tracking playtime. : (

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
BUY THIS CONSOLITES

If you don't buy this you don't get to complain about games being dumbed down or shitty anymore.

dreamfall

A little random, but does anyone have that hilarious/awesome gif of who I assume is Roche where he like busts through a bridge, does a combat roll, and then takes out a dude as he pops up?

Edit: Found it

rochegifkq9b.gif

Lmao. Greatness.

This is hilarious! I can't wait to see where this happens in the game. My first thought was definitely:

Sy5ey.png

Aspiring

Have this preordered from amazon for ages, and have no idea how the game even plays. The screenshots look great so fingers crossed!

Quick questions.

1) is this not an open world RPG? How large is the world? Are there towns and cities? Is it more like Fallout 3 or FF12?

2) are there romancing options? If yes, are there same sex options?

3) does equipped gear show up on your character? If I find some badadd armor will it show?

Really looking forward to the EE. Started playing it way back but got distracted and decided to wait.

Really hope it does well. Hopefully all the skyrim players can get it and realise what they are missing. Not trying to have a go at skyrim, it was just boring and shit.

^^ It isn't open world, just has large hub areas, towns and quests. You have romance and sex. Same sex is conplicated...

Anyone remember how many endings there were? Was it 16? I think I've seen about six to eight.

I'm kind of dreading the inevitible backlash because of the hype. Just a few things. The prologue isn't that hard. The game gets easier as you level your skills. Roll. Level skills that eliminate backstab damage. You are a walking God by the end of the game. Choose a skill path early. This isn't a jack of all trades skill path game.

Above all fucking else play the game at least twice. Just have a save ready to go for when you know when. You are getting two games in one. People will tell you it's 30 hours long. They've only played it once.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Quick questions.

1) is this not an open world RPG? How large is the world? Are there towns and cities? Is it more like Fallout 3 or FF12?

3) does equipped gear show up on your character? If I find some badadd armor will it show?

1) It is not an open world RPG. The game is compartmentalised into three acts (and a prologue/epilogue). Each has a town as well as some explorable area. It is nothing like a sandbox game (Fallout 3 / Skyrim). Once you complete an act and move on to the next, you cannot return to previous areas.

2) There are characters you can sleep with, though the romancing does not work the same way as Mass Effect and such. You can only play as Geralt, and from memory there are no same sex relationships.

3) Yes. Everything you equip will show up accurately. Even runes in weapons will have their associated symbol glow on the blade.

Lingitiz

Quick questions.

1) Areas are generally big countrysides/forests/camps surrounding a larger camp or city. They are densely packed and have alot to do in each of them. The first area is probably one of the most beautiful areas in any game. Don't go in expecting the freedom of a Skyrim or Fallout, this is a tight story based game, with enough freedom to do what you want while still feeling involved in the story.

2) Romance isn't clearly defined as in Mass Effect or something but Geralt definitely has a relationship with Triss continuing from TW1.

3) Yes equipped gear shows up. There is a nice variety of stuff but don't go in expecting huge suits of armor. Most of them look like things a guy of Geralt's profession and appearance would wear.

Edit: beaten by seconds.

Zeliard

Also remember that Geralt, as a Witcher, is beastly with weapons but also has a nice array of magic and alchemy skills. You'll want to combine it all, especially on higher difficulties. Don't just go with swordplay, cause that's less fun and less effective in the long run.

Tajin

Banned
The EE is 10gb? Holy fuck! My internet can't handle that, and I have the current version updated but have barely played. What do I do, GAF?

Soule

Loved it first time I played through, meant to play through a second time and pick Roche but things got in the way of that. Was checking the performance on my laptop over the Easter weekend and getting ready for the EE, gonna have a good time with this again >:)

Top Bottom