• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Roche is a bitch to the empire and Iorveth as a brat throwing a tantrum.

Ceebs

I should really hold off a replay until I get my hands on that 680 I have been trying to buy, but I know I will cave before that.

kamspy

Well fuck me running.

How am I not supposed to start a new TW2 playthrough now based on hype when I know it's gonna be better in a week. :(

Really interested in this.

I have a Macbook Pro for work, and have no interest in putting together a PC powerful enough to make the most of this game... at least, not at the moment. :p

So I am the consumer this version is aimed at, and I'm excited to see what the fuss is about.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dream of a future where I own a computer capable of rendering an ubersampled The Witcher 2 at 60fps.

gabbo

http://i.imgur.com/PJcpW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol, You can take your Shani hatred and shove it up a cockatrice hindquarters, d'hoine.
Looks like I'll hold off on another play through until this drops. And hopefully my video card survives that long.

Roche is a bitch to the empire and Iorveth as a brat throwing a tantrum.

Both are cunts, but so is everyone in Witcher 2. The difference is which character makes you feel less like you have to take a shower after playing the game all the way through.

edit: that adjective was probably inappropriate. Apologies.

kamspy

I dream of a future where I own a computer capable of rendering an ubersampled The Witcher 2 at 60fps.

Remember how much smoother TW1 played after the Enhanced Edition? I pray my 580 and AMD Thuban BE are up to the task. (I cheaped out and kept my AM3 board. Sue me.)

koji

Oh shit guys, dat enhanced edition update.

Really need to finish my Witcher 1 playthrough (in chapter IV atm, almost there) so I can play this thing, so little time, so many awesome games...

I guess if you are interested in the Dark Edition you're shit out of luck huh? :(

How much was it anyway?

Seriously? I was gonna go to EB Games and pre-order it tomorrow. I live in Canada though, so maybe different supply and whatnot.

In any case, I'm sure you'll find it on ebay if you're desperate.

Fjordson

Dark Edition is long gone it seems in the US. Apparently it was up for a bit after the announcement at most places, but I never saw it. Sold out super quick. Was hoping to get it from Amazon, but oh well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh god, Witcher 2, I still haven't played you a second time. I truly am the worst person ever.

Just watched their conference from like a week ago. Holy shit that guy looked like Jesse from Breaking Bad. Also looking very much forward to this.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
you must atone by beating it on dark mode

I would be totally down for that if I wasn't currently hopelessly addicted to BF3. I'll just plan to delve into the game once the EE content is out.

EatChildren

One of my favourite shots is this ubersampled one I took. It looks so damn clean.

1uwu7q.png

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I would be totally down for that if I wasn't currently hopelessly addicted to BF3. I'll just plan to delve into the game once the EE content is out.

I plan to play it a third time on Dark Mode. I never touched the troll DLC or anything else that came afterwards. Beat it twice back to back. I don't think I've been this excited to replay a game again in a long time.

Have you been playing BF3 since launch? I've got over 200+ hours into BC2, yet probably not even five hours into BF3 and I got it on day 1. I was super excited for it, then suddenly decided I wasn't enjoying shooters anymore. I really should play that some more. What little I have was great.

kamspy

They're not. You'll be CPU limited. :eek:

I figured as much. I did all the BIOS tweaks to turn it into a 6 core PII (no Turbo Boost, etc, stable clocks on all cores at all times). It runs a little better than my 955 BE which died on me. Cheaped out and didn't buy a new mobo so I could buy a 580. Figured the extra cores might come in handy in the future even if they're not utilized now.

BF3 does make good use of all 6 cores. It's the only game I have that does so. It's also got a nice beefy 3.8Ghz OC.

kuYuri

Enhanced Edition's imminent release has made me really want to push TW1 to the top of my priority list. Yeah, I know you don't need to play it to play TW2, but I already have it, so might as well.

froliq

Never got around doing that 2nd playthrough. Hopefully the EE will pump me up to do it. Still it was my goty last year.

Zeliard

Beautiful.

Something about Witcher 2's lighting in screenshots/footage I've seen is really atmospheric, especially indoors. Always catches my eye more than most other games.

Witcher 2's visuals are incredibly lush. They're consistently eye-grabbing on a good PC. Combined with the beautiful music, it makes for one hell of an aesthetic experience.

Kusagari

Dark Edition is long gone it seems in the US. Apparently it was up for a bit after the announcement at most places, but I never saw it. Sold out super quick. Was hoping to get it from Amazon, but oh well.

Amazon actually had it back up for a couple hours a few days ago. I managed to snag one then.

Anyway, I'm ridiculously hyped. Been hoping to play this since I first saw the PC screens. Can't believe it's almost here.

Gowans

When's the proper UK release date?

Can't wait to play this, might be the next graduation of game to play for my Mrs too, she's a Fable and Assassins Creed fan but think she'll love this, tempted to watch her play first.

The only game that has ever had me wanting a good gaming PC.

I'm thankful it's coming to console and it looks terrific, can't wait to play it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
One of my favorite games of all time. I buy 100+ games a year, and most get ten minutes of play and tossed in a backlog. A few pull me in for a few hours. Some multiplayer games can keep me entertained for a month. But for the most part, I'll play a game, say it was decent, shelve it, and not think too much of it afterward. Occasionally a game will be really solid, and I'll tell my friends they should definitely buy it when they find the time and coin.

The Witcher 2 is on a whole other level. It pulled me in from the very start, and I beat it in about a week. Very few games pull me in like that, and I believe it's a testament to the insane quality CDPR has loaded this title with. Even more ridiculous, is I immediately began another playthrough upon completion; only the third game in my life to have me do that - the others being Pokemon Blue to Red, and KOTOR. It really is one of the most mature, story-driven RPGs I've ever played. An absolute masterpiece, and IMO, possibly the best game of the "generation."

I've since purchased the game on six separate occasions to give to friends and family. And you better believe I'll be double-dipping on this here Xbox 360 version.

Oh yeah, and it's absolutely f***ing gorgeous!

5742466590_b8de2ab591_b.jpg

5739433744_ac1b0d6aea_b.jpg

5738884597_492f617cac_b.jpg

Buy this game.

MBison

Ok so I bought this off GOG awhile back but haven't installed it. How do I get the enhanced version, do I install the GOG version and use the auto patcher or whatever or what? Helps! Thanks!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Ok so I bought this off GOG awhile back but haven't installed it. How do I get the enhanced version, do I install the GOG version and use the auto patcher or whatever or what? Helps! Thanks!

The launcher should update it when the EE comes out.

KorrZ

Getting the 360 version day one. So excited to play this for the first time! After seeing how good the 360 version has turned out, I'm glad I waited instead of trying to run it on my PC where I most likely would have had to play on low with everything turned off.

I can't believe I'm going to play this game for the 5th time! Every time I have done different things and have played on different difficulty settings. Amazing game!

Top Bottom