• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Megasoum

Banned
I really hope that Steam or Gog will drop the price to celebrate the EE release. I'm probably gonna end up buying it for 40$ anyway but I'll wait until release to see if the price change since there's no point buying it right now.

Solo

When Roche isn't on all fours gobbling on the Empire's junk he's copping a serving from Geralt for being an irrational agro cunt.

rochegifkq9b.gif

I will never forgive you for this, EC. Never. You whoreson.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Iorveth is worse than Roche.

But then there's Saskia.

*licks lips*

At last!
-Bought the old (but awesome) Collectors edition when it was released.
-Started to play, got tto the first village, didnt want to play in medium so i holded until I bought a new card.
-Bought a new card, started to play, got to the first village.
-News of EE edition.
-Hold until the EE edition.

Oh Geralt, now we can contiune our quest!

Kaizer

Banned
Really excited to get this next week, totally new to The Witcher, but good word from just about everyone and watching recent trailers has me incredibly interested.

Solo

The OG thread is locked?

pour-one-out.jpg

Someone needs to carry the torch in here, as I do not have another 600 TW2 posts in me:

untitled9xczn.jpg

masterkajo

I got the Witcher 2 during the Steam Winter sale but haven't started playing yet. I guess I'll wait until the 17th now to experience the Enhanced Edition. Do I have to install anything manually or will the steam version just update by itself to the Enhanced Edition?
Thanks

Zeliard

You are going to be so mad when my Roche love multiplies several times over in this thread among 360 players.

So mad. We are Roche, and we are eternal!

I'm starting my second playthrough soon and it's gonna be tough to go with Roche. Apparently he becomes less of an officious prick. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Gotta stay true to the real bro in this situation, though - Zoltan.

Salaadin

The OG thread is locked?

pour-one-out.jpg

Someone needs to carry the torch in here, as I do not have another 600 TW2 posts in me:

untitled9xczn.jpg

Never doubt yourself.

I got the Witcher 2 during the Steam Winter sale but haven't started playing yet. I guess I'll wait until the 17th now to experience the Enhanced Edition. Do I have to install anything manually or will the steam version just update by itself to the Enhanced Edition?
Thanks

It should auto update.

Theyre also allowing pre-loads for the update since its 10GB but Im not sure if thats GOG only or not.

Chinner

Banned
I'm starting my second playthrough soon and it's gonna be tough to go with Roche. Apparently he becomes less of an officious prick. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Gotta stay true to the real bro in this situation, though - Zoltan.

act 2 lets you get to meet the real roche and he still owns. act 2 of iorveth shows that he has no real substance and hes basically the witcher 2 equivalent of a my chemical romance fan.

Zeliard

Wait, you never played Roche's path, Zel? OPINION INVALIDATED.

Only gone through the game once :p

I'm sure Roche is fine. But seriously, Zoltan. Can't ditch my Witcher 1 homey. Does he tag along if you pick the Roche path?

act 2 lets you get to meet the real roche and he still owns. act 2 of iorveth shows that he has no real substance and hes basically the witcher 2 equivalent of a my chemical romance fan.

lol, Iorveth is alright but yeah he can be pretty goofy in his own way.

My Extended Edition playthrough will be an Iorveth playthrough, so we'll see how he stacks up against Roche. My limited impression of him from my first playthrough isn't great.

The_Monk

I just want to say that this is a good OT, I will get this Day 1 but I'm still waiting to see if I'll be able to get the Dark Edition (even if I pre-ordered it it's not guaranteed).

My other question is the difficulty. Is the Normal Hard and the Easy is the Normal difficulty?

I just want to have some fun and enjoy the story. Finally, some love to my 360! Also, need more 360-GAFfers on my 360.

Will the new content for PC Witcher 2 feature all the additional material meant to get the player "up-to-speed" on the events of Witcher 1?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Want a beatiful scenery + a threesome - choose Iorveth!
Want a darker story - choose Roche!

Solo

I still maintain that the
Army camp
>
Vergen
, even aesthetically. I honestly believe the Roche path is superior on every front. Locales, quests, decisions, bromance.

Best reason to follow Iorveth's punk ass is for the Dwarves and my waifu Saskia <3333

And if any of you have lustful thoughts about her, I'mma come for your ass

Chinner

Banned

yeah i don't really want to go into much, but they both offer varied experiences. iorveth is like the epic or grand shit and roche is like the isolated darker experience. i prefer roche but i had fun with iorveth as well.

Salaadin

I just want to say that this is a good OT, I will get this Day 1 but I'm still waiting to see if I'll be able to get the Dark Edition (even if I pre-ordered it it's not guaranteed).

My other question is the difficulty. Is the Normal Hard and the Easy is the Normal difficulty?

I just want to have some fun and enjoy the story. Finally, some love to my 360! Also, need more 360-GAFfers on my 360.

Normal = Normal
Easy = Easy

When the game first launched, it had a lot of difficulty issues. The bulk of those were resolved in patches a few months later and will probably be tweaked a bit more for the EE. The game on Normal mode feels as it should now. Do the tutorial first, dodge often, use Quen magic, and youll be fine.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Speaking of beautiful scenery, do Roche people get to go to
Vergen
and hang out there? And do you get that kickass music?

no, as I remember.

by the way I checked the wiki and found no mention of the threesome I heard of. Is it even there or is it just a boastful lie???

Salaadin

I still maintain that the
Army camp
>
Vergen
, even aesthetically. I honestly believe the Roche path is superior on every front. Locales, quests, decisions, bromance.

For me, Vergen was a better hub than the Army Camp but the areas surrounding the Army Camp were better than Vergens. I think that the seaside cabin with the small graveyard behind it is so nice

The_Monk

Normal = Normal
Easy = Easy

When the game first launched, it had a lot of difficulty issues. The bulk of those were resolved in patches a few months later and will probably be tweaked a bit more for the EE. The game on Normal mode feels as it should now. Do the tutorial first, dodge often, use Quen magic, and youll be fine.

Great, thanks a lot for answering kind sir!

Top Bottom