• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will the act 1 be touched substantially?, because I have a save right at the end of it.

The meat of the new content is in Act 3. It adds a new wooded area (with the bridge) and some underground stuff. New characters and quests tied to these areas too, as you'd expect.

But they haven't really detailed who the new characters added in the game are, nor said they're specifically for Act 3. So while Act 3 will get all the new quests, there might be an extra character or two added to earlier acts.

Graphically, they've added 'assorted animals' to the game. I assume these means little critters running about, and so I figure the area of Act I will get some.

JerkShep

Are there any detailed info on the added content yet? Especially for Act 3. I'm not really interested in more fetch quests, I want moar narrative stuff.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Roche is awesome, though I prefer exploring Vergen to the Redanian camp with the annoying music. Iorveth is a pretentious jackass :p

Will I just be able to load up a savegame before the
council meeting
and then explore the new ch3 areas/sidequests? I'd like to see the new content but don't really have the time or desire to replay the whole game again (did both Iorveth/Roche paths)

Salaadin

Are there any detailed info on the added content yet? Especially for Act 3. I'm not really interested in more fetch quests, I want moar narrative stuff.

We dont know full specifics. Just new quests, new dialogue, new cutscenes, and new areas. I think they said outright that Act 3 has 3-4 extra hours of content.

I have wanted to play this game since it came out. I don't have a gaming PC so I never could. How does the 360 game run? will it be ok?

I realize its nothing compared to the PC version of course.

Derrick01

Banned
That's just silly reductionism. What exactly is your definition of "story?" Because I would say major ramifications on the story depending on who you side with is kind of critical to the story.

I'm not a huge fan of side characters who get too much screen time in movies and games, unless they charm the hell out of me (like Garrus). Roche, Iorveth and their little war going on really doesn't matter too much for your main objective. I also wasn't a fan of the branching Acts. I wanted there to be a real Act 3 and then what ended up being Act 3 would have been 4, or an epilogue probably because of the extremely short length it initially was.

Can't wait for next week. I've managed to avoid the majority of spoilers for this game for some time, and I'm more than ready to play something that isn't an open world RPG for the first time in probably a year.

Kyaw

This is my favorite part of the whole game. It has to be the best matching for an area out there. Really sells the atmosphere. God damn now I want to play more!

My favourite piece of music in Witcher 2.

The little bit at 5:30 in the video is amazing for my ears.

I have wanted to play this game since it came out. I don't have a gaming PC so I never could. How does the 360 game run? will it be ok?

I realize its nothing compared to the PC version of course.

From what I've seen it looks quite good for how visually impressive it looks. One thing about CDPRed, if there are post-release issues, they will iron them out I would think.

Was hoping for a fix to the crazy input lag when under 60 FPS, but it looks like no dice judging from the change list.

Wait what? If its not running at 60fps you get crazy input lag? How bad? Fuck this is worrying :/, as I wont be able to run it on any settings at 60fps.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm not a huge fan of side characters who get too much screen time in movies and games, unless they charm the hell out of me (like Garrus). Roche, Iorveth and their little war going on really doesn't matter too much for your main objective. I also wasn't a fan of the branching Acts. I wanted there to be a real Act 3 and then what ended up being Act 3 would have been 4, or an epilogue probably because of the extremely short length it initially was.

I thought you were a fan of games that locked you out of content based upon your decisions? Or did I get you confused with someone else?

Derrick01

Banned
I thought you were a fan of games that locked you out of content based upon your decisions? Or did I get you confused with someone else?

I am and that's not why I didn't like the two kind of different Act 2s. I felt like instead of going forward with another Act added on to the story, they were merely sidestepping the story instead of progressing it. At the time the game was pretty short compared to W1 and the last Act was extremely short and felt rushed and I guess I put part of the blame on the somewhat unnecessary branching Act 2s. It came off as an attempt just to try something that was new to games and get people to go "DAT CHOICE".

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
After beating around the bush for a few weeks I finally just preordered this game. It really looks great, I hope it runs well.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From what I've seen it looks quite good for how visually impressive it looks. One thing about CDPRed, if there are post-release issues, they will iron them out I would think.

Patches will likely take a bit longer this time around though at least for the 360 version since they have to go through MS certification.

Extremely stoked to finally play this game. I've had my Dark Edition preorder in place with Amazon since the first day it was offered. Too bad they won't offer RDD for it.

Chinner

Banned
bit disappointed in the lack of hype for this. i expect the word of mouth to be good so by the time witcher 3 comes out there should be a strong following.

bit disappointed in the lack of hype for this. i expect the word of mouth to be good so by the time witcher 3 comes out there should be a strong following.
They should have a done swarm of previews in January/February to get some serious coverage. This (super spoilery) trailer-a-week business is just tiring and has people gloss over it.
Do we know the embargo date for reviews?

The meat of the new content is in Act 3. It adds a new wooded area (with the bridge) and some underground stuff. New characters and quests tied to these areas too, as you'd expect.

But they haven't really detailed who the new characters added in the game are, nor said they're specifically for Act 3. So while Act 3 will get all the new quests, there might be an extra character or two added to earlier acts.

Graphically, they've added 'assorted animals' to the game. I assume these means little critters running about, and so I figure the area of Act I will get some.

That's not what that is.

the wooded area is where you crash with the dragon at the end of the original, the shot of the bridge are part of the new ending cinematic and my guess is that it relates to the Empire crossing the river.

Ciastek3214

Does anyone think that the Brigida chick they add to the game will be romanceable? I had a feeling that she would be a nice partner for Roche.

bengraven

Got 1/2 way through Witcher 1, then restarted completely when the EE came out and beat it TWICE after that.

Got to Flotsam in Witcher 2 and kept getting my ass kicked so I stopped.

But now that the EE is coming out, I'll be restarting a playthrough.

Also, Triss in W2 is hottest RPG female ever.

Dat ass.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
When can you start redeeming the non-gog cdkeys of the game on gog?

krishian

The next couple of months are going to be so awesome. TW2EE, Dragon's Dogma and Risen 2, followed by Dark Souls PC in August...oh my.

Mike M

Nick N
Got a gig writing reviews for a local game store, and this is my first assignment. Can't wait, hopefully I can wrap up Dark Souls before it comes out....

Pre-load doesn't work for the Steam version. Which was pretty much assumed, but they confirmed it.

On the bright side they also confirmed that the Steam Overlay will finally be fixed.

Tokubetsu

Got 1/2 way through Witcher 1, then restarted completely when the EE came out and beat it TWICE after that.

Got to Flotsam in Witcher 2 and kept getting my ass kicked so I stopped.

But now that the EE is coming out, I'll be restarting a playthrough.

Also, Triss in W2 is hottest RPG female ever.

Dat ass.

Yea on release Act 1 was the hardest part of the game. TW2 had a really strange almost reverse difficulty spike. It started out hard as fuck, and got progressively easier.

So many bitter tears in that first thread over the prologue. Dragon's fire is the purest death.

U2NUMB

Over time the patches really ironed out the initial difficulty spike. It starts much easier and more forgiving. Even then after about a third through the game your skills are so much higher than you started that the game's difficulty drops dramatically, outside of weird spikes against certain bosses and enemies. Most of which have been fixed, apparently.

The main thing with the combat is to not play it like a wild hack and slash. It's very methodical. Defend, look for openings, and for the love of whores make use of your signs and equipment. You have people run into a pack of enemies like idiots, and find themselves totally surrounded taking damage from all sides, the complaining the game is too hard. Play smart, and it's fine.

Alright you sold me.. This sounds totally doable and not a drag at all. Play smart and use all the tools at hand. Appreciate all the feedback.

Top Bottom