• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Solo

The 100% honest truth is that the best act, location and music doesn't rely on the Roche/Iorveth choice.

Dat Act
, dat
Flotsam forest
. Best gaming environment in the past decade. Come at me, bros. Most authentic and atmospheric thing ever. The art design is unparallelled there.

Moaradin

The 100% honest truth is that the best act, location and music doesn't rely on the Roche/Iorveth choice.

Dat Act
, dat
Flotsam forest
. Best gaming environment in the past decade. Come at me, bros. Most authentic and atmospheric thing ever.

Yea, sucks that the game peaked at Act 1 though. Act 2 was good (Iorveth anyways), but Act 3 was garbage. Doesn't EE make Act 3 better though?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Guys, we don't know yet which act is the best one in this version .

Yea, sucks that the game peaked at Act 1 though. Act 2 was good (Iorveth anyways), but Act 3 was garbage. Doesn't EE make Act 3 better though?

yes, +4 hours of quests and the epilogue.

Zeliard

Dat Act
, dat
Flotsam forest
. Best gaming environment in the past decade. Come at me, bros. Most authentic and atmospheric thing ever.

Especially when it rains.

Salaadin

Dat Act
, dat
Flotsam forest
. Best gaming environment in the past decade. Come at me, bros. Most authentic and atmospheric thing ever. The art design is unparallelled there.

This is true

I loved all acts. Nothing can top the Act 1 forest but Act 2 (both sides) were good and Act 3 was fun but short.
The EE supposedly adds a few hours worth of content to Act 3 as well as a fleshed out Epilogue.

red731

I am playing Witcher 1 EE for the first time these day and man, what a GAME!
If I can run W1EE on max@1360 with little to no framedrops on my laptop, can I run W2EE, which has new engine on, at least, low or medium? :lol

subversus

I am playing Witcher 1 EE for the first time these day and man, what a GAME!
If I can run W1EE on max@1360 with little to no framedrops on my laptop, can I run W2EE, which has new engine on, at least, low or medium? :lol

TW2 performs better than TW1.

what CPU/GPU do you have?

Derrick01

Banned
Speaking of beautiful scenery, do Roche people get to go to
Vergen
and hang out there? And do you get that kickass music?

Nope they get to go to the shitty part of it but not the whole of it. It's why I preferred Iorveth's path over Roche's, though both are equally stupid characters.

Moaradin

This is true

I loved all acts. Nothing can top the Act 1 forest but Act 2 (both sides) were good and Act 3 was fun but short.
The EE supposedly adds a few hours worth of content to Act 3 as well as a fleshed out Epilogue.

I liked all the Acts also but Act 1 set such a high standard. Was incredibly disappointed how short Act 3 was and the Epilogue, but we'll see how it is in EE. Been wanting to go back to Witcher 2 for a while now.

Salaadin

I liked all the Acts also but Act 1 set such a high standard. Was incredibly disappointed how short Act 3 was and the Epilogue, but we'll see how it is in EE. Been wanting to go back to Witcher 2 for a while now.

Yeah, Act 1 had so many awesome things to see. The village, caves, forest, Loredos mum. Theyre all so beautiful.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Act 3 new game content has the bridge. The bridge that looks unbelievably pretty.

subversus

Nice to hear, but am still on lappy.

i5@2,53
ATI HD R 5650
4gb
Win 7 64

is it quad? should run well then.

Nope they get to go to the shitty part of it but not the whole of it. It's why I preferred Iorveth's path over Roche's, though both are equally stupid characters.

how are they stupid? I mean you may not like them as they are jerks but none of them are stupid.

Moaradin

Is it weird that I liked Saskia over Trish? I thought Trish was such a boring character but Saskia, now she was interesting.

Solo

It's TRISS.

how are they stupid? I mean you may not like them as they are jerks but none of them are stupid.

I was going to make a snarky comment based on the stupidity of the characters in the game in his avatar, but thought better of it. Looks like someone else did the work for me!

subversus

Triss likes Geralt too much.

and he might not give a fuck because of that. Or may be he does, depends on what choice a player makes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Snapped from YouTube, but it's part of the new area added to Act III.

16djm2.jpg

Kyaw

I'd take Saskia over Triss any day.

She's a fucking
DRAGON
for fuck's sake!

But Triss does have magical apparel removing skills...

Derrick01

Banned

That's what I meant. I hate being around both of them and would gladly cut their throats at the first available opportunity. They do nothing for me and add next to nothing to the overall story.

subversus

That's what I meant. I hate being around both of them and would gladly cut their throats at the first available opportunity. They do nothing for me and add next to nothing to the overall story.

well, that was stupid.

Pie Lord

I may have to double dip on this one. I've been wanting to play the Witcher 1 and 2 for a while now, but I've never been able to get them to run well on my PC despite more than meeting the requirements.

Derrick01

Banned
wat

They're both pretty intrinsic to the story.

Not really. 1 guy follows you because (story spoilers)
you're technically a fugitive and he's keeping you on a tight leash until you find the kingslayer
and the other
is just an accessory the kingslayer uses to hide from the military and frame them as the killers

wiggleb0t

Banned
Stopped playing this a while back due to massive injury...Finally able to game again on something not portable...Unfortunately the same rubbish is happening with ATI crossfire silliness... Updated ATi drivers to the latest 12.4 build with latest cap

Some areas and enemies have no health bars...Some save sections are fine others are still cursed by this annoying bug.
It borders game breaking IMO as lock on is a guessing game as you're left wondering who you're locked onto which effects tact plus you have no idea of there health.
:-(

subversus

you're technically a fugitive and he's keeping you on a tight leash until you find the kingslayer
and the other
is just an accessory the kingslayer uses to hide from the military and frame them as the killers

yeah, and 1 guy
kills THE KING and the powerful wizard while the second one LEADS THE REBELLION
. They are totally not important in the grand scheme of things!

Derrick01

Banned
yeah, and 1 guy
kills THE KING and the powerful wizard while the second one LEADS THE REBELLION
. They are totally not important in the grand scheme of things!

One of those things can not happen (different choices) and the other is incorrect.
Saskia leads it

Moaradin

It's been a while since I played, but from what I remember, Iorveth was just a means to get to
Saskia
. After Act 1, I just kinda forgot about him.

subversus

One of those things can not happen (different choices) and the other is incorrect.
Saskia leads it

she wouldn't be able to do it without his support. Also Roche saves your sorry ass if you go Iorveth path so he's pretty important to the story because it would end pretty fast without him

DTKT

I'm still playing through Act 1 but the forest is easily one of the most unique environment in a video game.

Seriously, it's amazing. The colors, the old ruins, the giant trees. There is nothing quite like it.

H3xum

Can not wait

Funny how the console version of the sequel was what got me to purchase the orig. I can't think of any other game series that has worked in that order for me.

Hopefully I can squeeze quite a few hours out of this one

Zeliard

and the other

That's just silly reductionism. What exactly is your definition of "story?" Because I would say major ramifications on the story depending on who you side with is kind of critical to the story.

Saskia leads it

Uh, Iorveth is
the dude who rolls back up in Vergen with his elves like goddamn Gandalf and saves the day.

Biggzy

I have The Witcher 2 right here, but I need to resist playing it, since I might as well wait for the EE to come out.

Top Bottom