• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Salaadin

Gonna get blow away if you're going in completely blind. Have fun.

So this steam cloud thing is still messing me up. Almost done downloading the gog version. In theory my steam saves should work with the gog version of the game right? The prologue is good but I'd rather not play through it for a third time this week.

GOG version save games are located in C:\Documents\Witcher 2\saves
If thats where the steam saves are, I see no reason why they wouldnt work.

Arnie

Just went out and picked this and a slim 360 up before coming in to work. Downloading an update for the Xbox right now. Can't wait to get started on this. I have no clue what I'm getting into as the only thing I know about the game are the screens in the OP. needless to say this looks epic so hopefully the hype in this thread turns out to be true.

I knew pretty much zilch about the game and I bought it through GAF word of mouth. You're about to be blown away. Give it a couple of hours, the Prologue starts quite slowly but once you begin Chapter 1 you'll be hooked.

2AdEPT

The only way to play the Witcher is with Polish voices/English subtitles. Much better voice acting, imo.
Very interesting..I'm not too far in..might have to try that!!!!

Im a bit confused.

So there is a new patch, but where can I get a list of changes of that patch ONLY?

I cant seem to find one, either or steam update history or CD project's website and the OT just list changes but I dont know if they are from this patch or some other before.

I am pretty sure the changes for this thread are all ONLY the EE as previous OT threads only speak about the changes to date at the time...in other words, this thread has a list of the 102 changes for EE only. YOu can track the previous changes in the old 'plough em all' thread, alhtough I think these EE changes were posted within that thread toward the end before this one existed as well.

Combat is hard to learn, but when you master it you will love every single combat.

I'm getting a kick out of the combat now. Rolling, using signs, stabbing people. Admittedly, I'm only playing on Easy because the battles in the tutorial absolutely kicked my ass at the start, but I'll move up to harder difficulties later.

Though I might just leave Dark for what it is. :lol

mileS

What a fucking mess with the EE patch for PC. Thats the third time i've had a problem with Witcher 2 patches and it isn't even the steam version. If I have to download part of that 12gigs again because they can't get their shit straight I'm not even going to bother. I only have a 100gig cap a month so this is really pissing me off.

Grymm

Banned
What a fucking mess with the EE patch for PC. Thats the third time i've had a problem with Witcher 2 patches and it isn't even the steam version. If I have to download part of that 12gigs again because they can't get their shit straight I'm not even going to bother. I only have a 100gig cap a month so this is really pissing me off.

That must really suck then to have to read this thread and hear about all these people playing it with no problem.

mileS

That must really suck then to have to read this thread and hear about all these people playing it with no problem.

Not sure if you're talking about people with the 360 version or people playing on PC posting in this thread with no problems, if its the second one I hope your post wasn't meant in a sarcastic manner because this problem is pretty widespread.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
yeah, patching isn't a strong side of CD Project, lol.

this is my first patch for this game which actually works without reinstalling the whole game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if you're talking about people with the 360 version or people playing on PC posting in this thread with no problems, if its the second one I hope your post wasn't meant in a sarcastic manner because this problem is pretty widespread.

The corrupted file issue? There was a fix that worked flawlessly for me posted on launch day.

Grymm

Banned

Was talking about both actually. For the 2 or 3 people in this thread that have continued to bitch about problems with the PC upgrade you've got dozens more that haven't had problems. Looking at the official forums most people seem to be playing fine and then there's a few with problems. So whining and calling it widespread and being pissy because you have some third world net cap limit just sounds like.. well, whining.

What problem are you having exactly? We can probably help.

Ciastek3214

I beat the game. Did same things I did in the run I did efore EE patch. I must say it feels strange, choices that I made, I was confident of them on my previous run, now I'm not so sure if I like the outcome. That is a good thing. Outro is pretty good. So overall, yeah significant upgrade on the ending.

KorrZ

About 10 hours in and the combat has gotten significantly easier. I've upgraded my swords a few times, put runes in them, new armor with enhancements, I've made an absolutely massive stockpile of potions,bombs & traps. I haven't died in quite awhile at this point. I feel like I finally understand the game. Woo!

mileS

Was talking about both actually. For the 2 or 3 people in this thread that have continued to bitch about problems with the PC upgrade you've got dozens more that haven't had problems. Looking at the official forums most people seem to be playing fine and then there's a few with problems. So whining and calling it widespread and being pissy because you have some third world net cap limit just sounds like.. well, whining.

What problem are you having exactly? We can probably help.

wow okay.. I see how it is lol. excuse me for being slightly upset about having to download a 12gig patch and find out it doesn't work. I'm not the only one that is forced to have a terrible internet monthly cap because of my location.. but you're right, everyone with legitimate problem should stop "bitching and whining" about it just because there are a few people playing it without problems. I find it hilarious how you're trying to sound like an expert saying only 2-3 people in this thread have had problems and you've checked the official forums and most people seem to be playing fine. Last time I checked the gog forums are full of people with problems. Jeeez some people get hostile for no reason.

Grymm

Banned
wow okay.. I see how it is lol. excuse me for being slightly upset about having to download a 12gig patch and find out it doesn't work. I'm not the only one that is forced to have a terrible internet monthly cap because of my location.. but you're right, everyone with legitimate problem should stop "bitching and whining" about it just because there are a few people playing it without problems. I find it hilarious how you're trying to sound like an expert saying only 2-3 people in this thread have had problems and you've checked the official forums and most people seem to be playing fine. Last time I checked the gog forums are full of people with problems. Jeeez some people get hostile for no reason.

Again, instead of bitching would you explain what the problem is exactly so we can help?

I mean you can download the 12 gigs again and potentially fuck up the same way so you can keep wasting your bandwidth cap and bitching about it, that's fine too. But it's probably better if you actually say what's wrong so we can maybe help you stop repeating the same mistake.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Still pretty early in the game, in Flotsam doing some sidequests. How the hell do I do the Malena quest? The enemies just overwhelm me everytime, any tips?

KorrZ

Still pretty early in the game, in Flotsam doing some sidequests. How the hell do I do the Malena quest? The enemies just overwhelm me everytime, any tips?

If you aggro them and lure them back to near the entrance of the cave, they won't go past a certain point, you can just stand out of there reach and pick em off. That's how I did it, anyways lol.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
About 10 hours in and the combat has gotten significantly easier. I've upgraded my swords a few times, put runes in them, new armor with enhancements, I've made an absolutely massive stockpile of potions,bombs & traps. I haven't died in quite awhile at this point. I feel like I finally understand the game. Woo!

Dark difficulty?

Minsc

Gold Member

I was hoping to find some solution, but it does seem like it's hit or miss with the things suggested. I'm sure they're working on getting it straightened out as fast as possible. It sucks, but at this point, I'd just put the EE playthrough on hold for a week or two, and hope by then everything's all straightened out. The EE worked fine for me on PC, but I'm sure that's only because I'm not in a rush to play it right now lol.

ced

The nekkers? Set some traps up then try and pick off the little ones first. They are pretty bad at following you around and will often just stand there screaming. They can overwhelm though.

mileS

Again, instead of bitching would you explain what the problem is exactly so we can help?

I mean you can download the 12 gigs again and potentially fuck up the same way so you can keep wasting your bandwidth cap and bitching about it, that's fine too. But it's probably better if you actually say what's wrong so we can maybe help you stop repeating the same mistake.

I didn't say I was going to download the 12gigs again.. I think I know better than that. If posting my frustrations with yet another troublesome patch from them is bitching then so be it. Instead of explaining the problem (something that has already been answered a couple times I'm sure) I'm going to do go back and re-read the solutions provided by people already and if it doesn't work after that, I'll ask about it again.

Your posts are hilarious though.. apparently I can't say boo without you going off about bitching about this and bitching about that and then predicting me bitching about something again. Again, why people need to be this defensive and hostile is beyond me.

edit* You're probably talking about how I mentioned "If i have to download part of the patch again" part of my post, Because from what I read that seems to be a solution to the problem. But I know better than deleting everything and re-downloading the full 12gigs again.

Ciastek3214

How much/how good was the new third act stuff?

The new quests on Roche's side. But I would've liked learning more about
Brigida
. Loc Muinne looks more appropriate according to situation. Final board is pretty cool, I found out more about the outcome of choices. New outro looks very good, gives a good impression about
incoming war with Nilfgaard.
Overall, Enhanced Edition only makes the game better, but I kinda wish there was more, but I'm not complaining, it was for free after all.

Tweedy

Me and my brother bought this today, started playing at the same time. Which I thought would get annoying (share a room :() but turns out we made different choices early on and we're on different sections :)

Really good game so far!! Combat is a bit hard to get used to

Installing on 360. So much excite
iCVvlibFCUmMq.gif

Desaan

I love CDP RED but their website is a massive piece of dogshit! I'm trying to upload my arena scores and I can't sign in either through the website or the register.exe launcher as it always gives me wrong password blah blah. Whatever, I'll request a password reset. The password they then email me for the account doesn't even fucking work!

Then it locks me out of trying to log in for 15mins for incorrect logins lol.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Me and my brother bought this today, started playing at the same time. Which I thought would get annoying (share a room :() but turns out we made different choices early on and we're on different sections :)

Really good game so far!! Combat is a bit hard to get used to

damn, this might be a very cool game to play exactly this way.

BUT BEWARE OF SPOILERS FROM THE OTHER SIDE. at one point you will choose different paths (well, may be) and there will be a different... perspective. This might spoil Act III for Roche's path.

Cheska

Have there been any reported issues with the audio in the game? Playing the 360 version, and the voices sounds a bit off. Almost too loud compared to the rest of the sounds in the game, sometimes it even sounds like its echoing.

Ciastek3214

Have there been any reported issues with the audio in the game? Playing the 360 version, and the voices sounds a bit off. Almost too loud compared to the rest of the sounds in the game, sometimes it even sounds like its echoing.

Well, they added Dolby Digital support. Maybe that's why.

Fjordson

So what is the console consensus?

Thinking about picking this up.
Little late, but buy it! CDPR put a lot of love into this version and it shows.

Also, my tip for the combat for people struggling: roll! Like a mother fucker. Trying to be as mobile as possible is helping me a lot (note: I'm only playing on Normal right now).

Ony just looked at this game, it looks really cool, kinda has a Dark Souls vibe to it (never seen or played the original). Might pick it up on 360 soon.

Complistic

Little late, but buy it! CDPR put a lot of love into this version and it shows.

Also, my tip for the combat for people struggling: roll! Like a mother fucker. Trying to be as mobile as possible is helping me a lot (note: I'm only playing on Normal right now).

This is correct. If you're not constantly moving around skirting the enemy and attack at opportune times you're not playing the combat right.

Fjordson

This is correct. If you're not constantly moving around skirting the enemy and attack at opportune times you're not playing the combat right.
Exactly. It's pretty fun man, moving around, getting a strike or two in here, setting a trap, rolling in another direction, getting a few hits in on another enemy. It has an interesting flow to it once you get the hang of it.

My first few fights where I was just basically playing it like a hack n slash = lol. Destruction.

I just got some new armor. Think I'm going to try the Endregas contract. Want these fuckers gone.

Derrick01

Banned
Can I expect 40 to 60 hours out of this game?

Total? Yeah. I guess it's possible for your first playthrough to go into the 40 hour range with the extra Act 3 content now but I definitely don't see 60. The combat gets significantly easier as you go on and there really isn't that much side stuff to do. Before patch 2.0 and the EE patch I noticed most on here seem to be hovering around 30-35 on their first run (mine was about 30 too).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Make 15 Grapeshot bombs, throw 'em.

At early levels, the game is more about exploiting the AI than actually having fun with the combat, from my experience.

2AdEPT

Make 15 Grapeshot bombs, throw 'em.

At early levels, the game is more about exploiting the AI than actually having fun with the combat, from my experience.

Very apt description for how my first game went as a noob, (well still going on first game actually but restarted on dark once.) For example, when I fought
Letho
I used about 15
snare traps
while dancing around with quen on...I had to run around rolling continuously for minutes at atime waiting for the vigor to replenish so that I could take the inevitable hit I would get when I
crouched over to set a trap
. I don't even think I got two or three hits in on him with the sword and this was before quen was nerfed so the sowrd would do even less now. I tried using the
aard and swing
mehtod after watching youtube videos but all these guys were on either easy or normal, not Dark and this did not work for me.

So, been playing for several hours now. My thoughts?

The Bad:
The map is terrible. Very confusing.
Loads everywhere. Everywhere.
Random moments of a new Geralt voice actor? So different from the main one. WTF is going on with the audio.
Inventory interface. Dropping information from the top of the screen to the bottom because I have that item highlighted? WTF?

The Good:
Interesting if currently confusing story.
Fun combat.
People who are assholes. I love that I am getting bit in the ass for trying to be a "nice guy" and give people chances. I'm looking at you, Elf chick.
Doesn't give a fuck about dropping profanities and titties.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If you're having an issue with loading on the 360, you should either install the game or check your disk. I'm not getting more than 3 second loads when I switch from a 'city' to its outskirts.

Random moments of a new Geralt voice actor? So different from the main one.
It's always the same guy. He talks with a bit more vocal range in this game, and that sometimes loses the gravelly sound.

I'm sure this was asked before... but how do I locate the cdkey on steam?
In the registry it should be in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE --> Wow6432Node (ONLY IF x64) --> CD Projekt RED --> The Witcher 2

Top Bottom