• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS debut trailer + screens + O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should probably play through the original at some point. I bought it a while back when it was on sale, but have yet to touch it.

Wow great trailer. I've only played the demo for the first and didn't really like it, but this makes me want to try it again.

Tokubetsu

Sinatar said:
God Damn that looks fucking hot!

GOTWhateveryearitcomesout.

Yep, the best PC RPG in recent years returns! Now all we need is a spiritual successor to Mask of The Betrayer.

vesp

I find this more exciting than the crazy 3d DS.

The Witcher is my favorite non-MMO semi-recent PC game by far.

toasty_T said:
Damn that looks pretty sweet.

That isn't Geralt is it? He seems to have more colour in his skin

maybe now that they can bank on a more widespread acceptance/interest (and there's no talk of pc only, 1st was rumoured to be ported I thought) they need to tone 'down' Geralt.

I'm not too keen on it myself but what are you going to do?

also the phrase 'on PC alone'. It was only on PC, this one's coming to consoles mark my words.

Tokubetsu

Pinaccle said:
Dragon Age: Ezio Edition

What the hell is your problem? REALLY bro?

They probably changed the model to take advantage of the engine. It's different but I like it. They can probably explain it if this takes place a couple years after the first.

Yeah as I said in the other thread, I'm not overly fond of the more youthful look, but I'm sure I'll manage to soldier on. Looks great otherwise. Hopefully it's a 2010 title.

Radogol

Vlodril said:
Doubt it. Lets hope its early 2011 and not fall or something.

I'm not sure CDP can afford to wait that long. On the other hand, the original was supposed to be released in 2004 ;)

Willy Wanka said:
Excellent :D I thought this had been cancelled.

The funny part is that it wasn't even officially announced, even though everybody knew about it and saw the videos.

Danoss

I've really gotta go back and play through the original. Still have the Enhanced Edition on my shelf.

Time to move it to the top of my backlog.

Micius

Looking forwards to this a great deal. Looks a lot more polished than the first game, if they tighten up the gameplay and manage to maintain the atmosphere they have a 9-10 on their hands.

CiSTM

Banned
I really liked the first game even tough the combat system was kinda bore for the long run. Can't wait for the second game... I'm gonna need a new computer :(

I am still sceptical after they were so excited to announce quick time events as a feature, but we'll see.

And by the looks of it, I will need a new PC by the time this is out.

Fakto

Just came here to post the video, you guys are fast !
I like the glimpse of game plot that the trailer revealed, elven revolution and human retaliation !
On the other hand, I prefer the "wolven" badass Witcher old model, not this more good looking one, but will do.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Shake Appeal said:
I am still sceptical after they were so excited to announce quick time events as a feature, but we'll see.

And by the looks of it, I will need a new PC by the time this is out.
i wouldnt be surprised if this game runs better than the original on the same hardware. Biowares Aurora Engine and its descendants are seriously shit for performance.. look no further than The Witcher and the NWN2 games.

Zzoram

I will pre-order this game on Steam. I bought the retail box for the first game before it went on Steam, and I hate that I don't have the Steam version, so I really hope they bundle the first game free with The Witcher 2 as a pre-order incentive.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I forgot this existed. When is this going to be released...?

"TBA."

Oh.

looks alright

Zzoram said:
I will pre-order this game on Steam. I bought the retail box for the first game before it went on Steam, and I hate that I don't have the Steam version, so I really hope they bundle the first game free with The Witcher 2 as a pre-order incentive.
damn I hate you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom