• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Witcher 3] Modding "The Witcher 3". Mods and discussion within

DZ_b_EZ

I'm still trying to figure out how to install the More XP from Enemies mod properly. The guy who created it doesn't explain it in much detail sadly.

Do you extract every file into the bundle folder or just select one of the x# folders and put it in the bundle?

A few others. Added to topic. I use this one myself and it's awesome

[Fix] How to remove the constant "Gamepad/Keyboard detected" pop-up.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36ooow/fix_how_to_remove_the_constant_gamepadkeyboard

Open \The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base\hidden.ini

Change "LockControlScheme=" to "LockControlScheme=2".

Save, right-click, make file read only, apply, done.

Also add that line to your Documents/Username/Witcher 3/user.settings file under the the "[Hidden]" header.

Save, right-click, make file read only, apply, done.

Note that making "user.settings" read-only makes it so you need to uncheck it every time you want to change and save an options setting in The Witcher 3.

-------------------

Witcher 3, easy way take screenshots without the HUD

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/36lwx6/witcher_3_easy_way_take_screenshots_without_the/

This works for quite a few games and not sure if someone has posted before but I wanted to let people know since I'm sure quite a lot of us would want to create a Witcher 3 screenshot album. Din't find the option to eliminate the HUD in the options so this method works.

So all you need to do is hit select and instantly hit the xbox button twice and then 'Y' to grab a screenshot. There is small delay before the in game menu actually appears and for a second the HUD also disappears so that's the golden moment to take your shot.

---------------------

Simple solution for QUICK SAVE on GAMEPAD for PC: (I use this and it works great_

- download antimicro (it maps gamepad keys to keyboard; opensource free)
https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro/releases

- set xbox guide button to F5

one more

• [Fix] Force Surround Audio (if your W3 stuck in Stereo, this makes it surround)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7uM4uW6ZNM&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

It modifies the directx audio files so its not a specific fix for withcer 3. Reportedly, it fixed many other games beside witcher 3 and it was made not for witcher 3. But it works for witcher 3. I modified the script a bit to make it works on relative path*

The maker also said that it makes Watch Dogs mute.

pardon my english.

*the original script need the files to be extracted on root of C:\ and without sub dir.

Witcher 3, easy way take screenshots without the HUD

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/36lwx6/witcher_3_easy_way_take_screenshots_without_the/

This works for quite a few games and not sure if someone has posted before but I wanted to let people know since I'm sure quite a lot of us would want to create a Witcher 3 screenshot album. Din't find the option to eliminate the HUD in the options so this method works.

So all you need to do is hit select and instantly hit the xbox button twice and then 'Y' to grab a screenshot. There is small delay before the in game menu actually appears and for a second the HUD also disappears so that's the golden moment to take your shot.

Nice.
So this trick is only work with a gamepad, right? Any way to hide HUD with a keyboard?

Sevenfold

Would love a name-tag toggle. I want to turn them off altogether when I'm wwandering round the wilderness but have them back for towns. It's really killing exploring for me when the name tag IDs the enemy before I even see it.

HeliosT10

Can anyone recommended a realistic graphics mod that has a minimal fps hit? The ones I've tried whilst looking good seem to reduce my fps by about 15 at 1080p.

Can anyone recommended a realistic graphics mod that has a minimal fps hit? The ones I've tried whilst looking good seem to reduce my fps by about 15 at 1080p.

Don't use the one(s) from nexus.
Regular ReShade like project reality or viveks' preset doesn't reduce my fps.

Don't use the one(s) from nexus.
Regular ReShade like project reality or viveks' preset doesn't reduce my fps.

image.php

What have you done to Geralt? :(

Exentryk

I was planning to use the weight mod before the game released, but now I don't feel the need for it. Durability seems fine too.

Just need a mod to change the xbox buttons to playstation ones and I'll be happy. I can't imagine that would be a hard one to do, but I don't know where to start.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind this one actually. Should be easy enough to do too as the label files should already be available somewhere due to console version.

I was using a 9,999 weight mod, but I guess it got patched or something with the new update. Shows I have 112/60 right now on my weight

Edit: just had to run the bat file again

Edit2: ughhh, nevermind didnt work

Not a mod but a tip

"You can store your items in any house and they will never dissapear. For example,
I killed the witch and I drop off my items in her house now. It's essentially my house"

I was using a 9,999 weight mod, but I guess it got patched or something with the new update. Shows I have 112/60 right now on my weight

Edit: just had to run the bat file again

Edit2: ughhh, nevermind didnt work

The new patch doesnt work with it :(

Edit: Not really a mod, but a fellow gafer pointed me to this in the OT. My apologizes I do not remember your name. I have been using Cheat Engine. Its updated for 1.04 already and has unlimited durability, weight, etc etc

Exentryk

Anyone know if this mod, the 1.04 update, or anything else would allow bindings using button combinations? I'd really like to bind signs to triggers + face buttons. Like L2+X for igni, L2+A for another sign, etc.

I'm imagining something similar to Dragons Dogma special abilities for Witcher signs. That would be sweet

I am looking for such a thing as well. But until then, you can try this - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39289-PC-Easier-way-to-switch-Signs-using-Gamepad-(DS4)

how do you use it?
Simply verison. Download cheat engine and the witcher 3 file in my link. Run the witcher 3 first, load up cheat engine, click on the computer icon in the upper leftish corner of cheat engine and select witcher3.exe. Click on the folder icon right next to the computer icon and select the witcher 3 file you downloaded. Then a list should appear in the bottom portion of cheat engine and click whatever you want enable.

Only thing I notice, if you load your save game before enabling the cheats, the weight limit takes a little bit to kick in.

Uriah

Thanks for the antimicro link. I can confirm it is extremely useful for compulsive quicksavers using a controller like me.

Skilletor

Anybody have the default patch.bundle file?

I stupidly erased over mine when 1.04 broke my hack (fuck the item limit), and now the game crashes when I launch. :(

Hulud

I just made witcher senses a toggle-ability with antimicro and enabled controller quicksaving. My quality of life just skyrocketed.

KHlover

Banned
Will look into trainers for unlimited dura. Silver sword and armor durability are fine, but the steel sword breaks if do as much as look at it.

Mifec

Not a mod but a tip

"You can store your items in any house and they will never dissapear. For example,
I killed the witch and I drop off my items in her house now. It's essentially my house"

I could do that anywhere in the world.

Mifec

What do I do to store item?
Just drop them? I've dropped several item so far, in the wilds though.

Yeah I dropped like a gorillion items on the bridge to Crow's Perch and they are still there to this day. Just books and notes and vendor trash mostly. I sell all gear because nothing really compared to Witcher gear.

KHlover

Banned
Anybody have the default patch.bundle file?

I stupidly erased over mine when 1.04 broke my hack (fuck the item limit), and now the game crashes when I launch. :(

I'll upload it for you (1.03 though if that makes any difference), should take ~30min according to mediafire. Alternatively - have you tried verifying the file integrity via steam? Or do you own the GOG version?

Skilletor

I'll upload it for you (1.03 though if that makes any difference), should take ~30min according to mediafire. Alternatively - have you tried verifying the file integrity via steam? Or do you own the GOG version?

Gog version. Thanks, I'd really appreciate it.

I don't ever mess around with mods. I won't make this silly mistake again.

Oh, I don't know if that will make a difference. I just updated to 1.04. I guess we'll see! Haha.

Top Bottom