• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[The Witcher 3] Modding "The Witcher 3". Mods and discussion within

Tomodachi

I'd love some mod or ini tweak to disable the camera auto-adjusting, it's really irritating and poorly executed imho.
I don't want my camera facing down all the time, especially when I ride, and I hate when I try lo look around while moving and the camera auto-resets to Geralt's shoulders so quickly :(

I'd love some mod or ini tweak to disable the camera auto-adjusting, it's really irritating and poorly executed imho.
I don't want my camera facing down all the time, especially when I ride, and I hate when I try lo look around while moving and the camera auto-resets to Geralt's shoulders so quickly :(

My camera seems to get stuck in a certain spot and never re-centers

Aikidoka

Simply verison. Download cheat engine and the witcher 3 file in my link. Run the witcher 3 first, load up cheat engine, click on the computer icon in the upper leftish corner of cheat engine and select witcher3.exe. Click on the folder icon right next to the computer icon and select the witcher 3 file you downloaded. Then a list should appear in the bottom portion of cheat engine and click whatever you want enable.

Only thing I notice, if you load your save game before enabling the cheats, the weight limit takes a little bit to kick in.

Thanks a bunch - it worked like a charm. The experience is so much better not having to repair weapons every 15 minutes.

JackHerer

I really need a mod that increases the 3rd person FOV when indoors. The camera is so close to Geralt; it makes me feel claustrophobic and leads me to hate walking around the interiors in this game.

Spazznid

I really need a mod that increases the 3rd person FOV when indoors. The camera is so close to Geralt; it makes me feel claustrophobic and leads me to hate walking around the interiors in this game.

I want a mod that does the opposite. I want the close camera when I'm walking outdoors.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The new patch doesnt work with it :(

Edit: Not really a mod, but a fellow gafer pointed me to this in the OT. My apologizes I do not remember your name. I have been using Cheat Engine. Its updated for 1.04 already and has unlimited durability, weight, etc etc

That cheat engine doesn't seem to work properly. Even though I am at 62/999999, i am overburdened like yesterday. Do I need NOT to be overburdened before enabling that?

kafiend

That cheat engine doesn't seem to work properly. Even though I am at 62/999999, i am overburdened like yesterday. Do I need NOT to be overburdened before enabling that?

Drop an item and then pick it back up. Overburdened should go away if its anything like the other weight mod I use.

I used Cheat Engine to give myself 5,000 crowns just to make starting a little easier, I was broke as hell and needed to fix my silver sword and pants. A lot less stressful knowing you got some money in your pocket.

Found another lifechanger tweak from Reddit.
Simply replace all occurances in
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\The Witcher 3\input.settings
of
IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Extinguish)
with
IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Extinguish,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
and
IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Ignite)
with
IK_Pad_A_CROSS=(Action=Ignite,State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5)
This will only trigger the ignite/extinguish action if you hold the key for 0.5sec (you can do it lower) - so spamming A to loot things will no longer accidentally light up something, you need to keep holding the key
The same can be done for the use key E just add ",State=Duration,IdleTime=0.5" after the action e.g.
Gosh, how I hated it when I wanted to loot but Geralt just simply ignite a candle instead.

Anyone know if there are some ini tweaks for map zoom?

I'm always disorientated as fuck in Skellige due to the various islands... if you can zoom out more to get a better picture for navigation it would solve that.

Vintage

Anyone know if there are some ini tweaks for map zoom?

I'm always disorientated as fuck in Skellige due to the various islands... if you can zoom out more to get a better picture for navigation it would solve that.

Quick minimap zoom would be awesome, I'm tired of going trough menus every time to find next point of interest.

Found another lifechanger tweak from Reddit.

Gosh, how I hated it when I wanted to loot but Geralt just simply ignite a candle instead.

Thanks for finding this. FYI anyone who's doing this edit, make sure you change every Ignite and Extingish line and set the file to read only or else it won't work

Ravijn

Is it possible to make an inventory sorting mod? I would love to rearrange my items. Unless you can and I haven't figured it out yet?

Vamphuntr

Is there a noclip or no fall damage mod yet? I hate how if you fall from 3 feet high you lose half your health. Also got quests bugged or stuck in a wall so a no clip would be nice.

Skyzard

Banned
^you can use the FOV mod here to noclip, sort of - move the camera in freemode and then press X to teleport him there. Problem is fall damage is in effect so make sure the camera isn't too high above ground level. Or have him on the horse.

Console mod

So, this is awesome!

Thanks to viveks86 for the steps from the screenshot thread:
Step 1: Use the in-game pause menu whenever you want to freeze time
Step 2: Enter testpause in console. This will freeze the game even if you exit the menu
Step 3: Press F1 to enter free cam mode
Step 4: Move freely using gamepad (left analog for movement, right analog for rotation, d-pad for fov and yaw, Y & A for elevation. Hold left trigger for accelerated movement. It's fully analog as well, so gives great camera control. WASD keyboard shortcuts work as well and R does tilt, but I don't know the other keys yet.
Step 5: Take screenshots like you normally would.
Step 6: Disable free cam using F1
Step 7: Enter testunpause in console to resume game
Last edited by viveks86; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.

I set it up in antimicro to macro it all and cycle between it with the xbox home key and it's just so nice for taking screenshots!
The controls are great and it's all with the xbone pad.

http://a.pomf.se/xhyahn.webm

Don't forget to add a "pause" (not delay) after each input when doing the macro.
I also set a leftstick to toggle the minimap with a macro as dlgshow won't let you play HUDless, it keeps you locked in position, not the best fix but it'll do with my hud settings.

Is there a chance console mod might break future save files with upcoming patches?

^you can use the FOV mod here to noclip, sort of - move the camera in freemode and then press X to teleport him there. Problem is fall damage is in effect so make sure the camera isn't too high above ground level. Or have him on the horse.

Console mod

So, this is awesome!

Thanks to viveks86 for the steps from the screenshot thread:

I set it up in antimicro to macro it all and cycle between it with the xbox home key and it's just so nice for taking screenshots!
The controls are great and it's all with the xbone pad.

http://a.pomf.se/xhyahn.webm

Don't forget to add a "pause" (not delay) after each input when doing the macro.
I also set a leftstick to toggle the minimap with a macro as dlgshow won't let you play HUDless, it keeps you locked in position, not the best fix but it'll do with my hud settings.

Is there a chance console mod might break future save files with upcoming patches?
Thanks for the notes. added to OP

wowzors

Anyone else using the E3FX mod?

Seems to be running well but the fps isn't showing in the corner like it said it would. Also I was using border less window for triple buffering but had to switch to full screen for the mod. I'm still using riva tuner for 30fps lock, any suggestions how to get my triple buffering back?

Seems to be running well but the fps isn't showing in the corner like it said it would. Also I was using border less window for triple buffering but had to switch to full screen for the mod. I'm still using riva tuner for 30fps lock, any suggestions how to get my triple buffering back?

if youre playing through steam just turn on the steam FPS viewer

It probably is too hardcoded, but I hope someone creates the ability to have the Orange Quest Markers/Indications only show up on the main map and not the minimap.

Here you can find a Cheat Engine table with a script that lets you reposition the camera, which I heartily recommend bringing closer to a typical third person camera. Everything just feels so much more vivid and from Geralt's perspective. For example I came up over this hill was just like "holy shit this is beautiful"
18031876139_85aebf56b4_o.png

18191736936_eb06acf132_o.png

I'm not using that particular preset, but if you want to show fps using sweetfx, you can manually set it on the global setting file.
Search for fps line and set it to on (1).

KHlover

Banned

Through NVIDIA Control Panel. Just add witcher3.exe and force triple buffering. The process through CCC should be roughly the same if you own an AMD GPU.

shridz

Neo Member
Bought the game for my PC during lunch time today. I had a question, can you cap the frame rate. Or are you stuck with uncapped frame rates?

I have a gtx 770 so I am hoping to cap it so i can get a smooth 30 fps.

Any answer would be appreciated.

Zaptruder

Banned
I hate that this game only has 21:9 support for 3440x1440 resolution.

I've got a 3440 monitor and I've been waiting for the new video cards from AMD to upgrade and the new chips from Intel. Meanwhile, I'm trying to play this game in 21:9, but it's either 3440x1440 or nothing. I can't drive that many pixels! It hits sub-10 frame rates! It's got a hundred ms over latency when I play like that!

So I install the witcher hunter config... let's me edit my own resolution in? Great. Edit in 2560x1080 - gives me 2560x1440.

Why? Why would you do that to me?

So now, I gotta wait until I upgrade to play in 21:9 at reasonable frame rates. Which means I probably wanna hold of from playing Witcher 3 until then (because I don't have enough time (and more importantly, inclination) to go back to a game after I finish it) - which fuckin' sucks.

I wish there was a mod that tweaked the combat movement. I hate the input delay of all the actions. Rolling, dodging, both kinds of attacks all have a "pause" that's pretty infuriating.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish there was a mod that tweaked the combat movement. I hate the input delay of all the actions. Rolling, dodging, both kinds of attacks all have a "pause" that's pretty infuriating.

I hate this when using Quen.
It has fucked me over sooo many times.

Through NVIDIA Control Panel. Just add witcher3.exe and force triple buffering. The process through CCC should be roughly the same if you own an AMD GPU.
Nvidia CP triple buffering is just for Opengl. Only way to get it on a DX11 game is to run borderless window really.

Here you can find a Cheat Engine table with a script that lets you reposition the camera, which I heartily recommend bringing closer to a typical third person camera. Everything just feels so much more vivid and from Geralt's perspective. For example I came up over this hill was just like "holy shit this is beautiful"

18191736936_eb06acf132_o.png

The Witcher 1886.

Isn't that a pain in the ass during combat ?

Tomodachi

I really wish there was a camera default zoom slider in the game, the pov they went for really breaks immersion for me. It could just zoom out in combat mode and back in exploration mode. Keeping track of enemies is pretty hard as it is anyway.

I really wish there was a camera default zoom slider in the game, the pov they went for really breaks immersion for me. It could just zoom out in combat mode and back in exploration mode. Keeping track of enemies is pretty hard as it is anyway.
There's a command for the debug console plugin called something like "AltCombatCamera" that I came across the other day. Didn't do anything, but if someone were able to find the correct address for that value with cheat engine then in theory you could set the desired camera position for exploration and combat separately. That would be ideal. As of now the camera stays at the same zoom level for combat, but at least now there's actually a use for locking on to enemies.

Top Bottom