• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

Can someone tell me if my Laptop will run this better than my XBOX1?

ASUS Laptop G53SX-DH71

Intel Core i7 2670QM (2.20GHz)
12GB Memory
750GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I think you'll get close on resolution, but probably not with the added effects.

TheGamer

This looks great. I can't wait to try it out.

oh-my.gif

WOW this game looks GREAT..but now cant decide what to do..was gonna pre order Project CARS for the PS4 and get The Witcher for the XBOX ONE..cant decide what to do

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
It's made from this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R0Ji39E68

Gopher made three videos about TW3, he was in youtuber event, and all of them are spoiler free as he discusses gameplay mechanics and such. Good watch if thirsty for gameplay information and impressions about the game.

I was actually referring to the Aard ground smash in the water with this supposed to be missing effect. Has anyone a more recent footage where it was removed or an official confirmation? Otherwise I wouldn't see how they removed it.

769703063079761734.gif

I'd love to see some footage without the compression artefacts, those looks pretty bad on both my 1920 x 1200 monitors. Can see the PS4 is doing a doing a great job though with this game, atmosphere looks lovely, glad I pre-ordered as I just finished up DA:I.

So is there any way to choose what choices from W1 and 2 carry over into this version or do you get stuck with the default world state?

Remf

Can someone tell me if my Laptop will run this better than my XBOX1?

ASUS Laptop G53SX-DH71

Intel Core i7 2670QM (2.20GHz)
12GB Memory
750GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Ha! You and I have the exact same laptop. Love that bulky bastard. Too bad you can't upgrade the graphics card though. 😩

matmanx1

I have had this pre-ordered on GOG for forever (like since the first day it was offered) but have lately been considering the PS4 version. I think my PC will still be the stronger way to play it (i5 2500k w/ Radeon 6970 graphics card) but something about the console version is very compelling.

Mahonay

Banned
Looks fantastic. Only strikingly noticeable downgrade from the PC footage is the flat water. Other that, seem like it'll be beautiful world to trot through on PS4. Can't wait to pick this up.

Then add next gen animation where enemies actually react to being hit and look natural instead of looking like super janky edited mocap,
CVfNw0.gif

and hair physics and cloth physics, add PBR for materials and skin, add a plot where your decisions actually matter, fill that plot with characters who aren't just mannequins awkwardly staying at you, add cutscenes, add in an incredibly dense but open world, and maybe you have the witcher 3.

I think you accidentally added an actual game.

Philippo

Looks amazing, above this level i can hardly see the differences with other videos related (aside from missing features).

iirc trophy list got leaked, is there a spoiler-free version?

nero2082

combat looks so badass it's not even funny

finished W2 couple days ago so I have clear comparison how much combat seems to get improved - backdash (instead of rolling and facing wrong way to opponent) and better locking looks mighty fine

can't wait to chop some whoresons come may 19th

Absolutely love the colours in this. So good.

The first 2 definitely had some great mods. W1 especially. W1 had inventory/UI changes(for the way better), character model mods, music and graphics mods(loved the dual swords on the back) amongst many others(like combat rebalance) amongst come great fan quests. W2 had combat rebalance and EatChildren's grass mod jump off if I remember, but I know with the release of RedKit there were quite a few fan quests added as well. I'd say with CDPR being a PC focused company, if you have one that can run the game at similar settings as PS4 at 30 fps, it's probably best to get it there as the PC will have better/more support than it's console brothers. But it does look phenomenal on PS4 and I'd imagine Xbone is the same as well. It's a fantastic time to be a Witcher fan.

Awesome, sounds like there are some really useful quality of life upgrades in there and other cool stuff.
Here's to hoping the scene really takes off now we have an open world to explore and build on!

ghibli99

Oh man, that looks good. Been avoiding most coverage on this game, and I'll be playing on PC, but still, any way you cut it, this game's looking terrific!

Why not play both on PS4? Clearly the superior verion in both cases.

I guess I just like to mix it around..get one game for one system and another game for another system..Project CARS looks great but I have to read the reviews on it..The Witcher looks great too I assume both versions of the witcher for both the xbox one and ps4 will contain the same things, like DLC, etc

mileS

It looks beautiful and seems to run at a perfectly stable 30fps. I'm impressed. My PC can handle Witcher 2 on Ultra, but it'll probably die when confronted with Wild Hunt. I'm glad I can get the PS4 version without worrying about performance.

Same boat I'm in. Glad to see this version looking great and most importantly running at a stable framerate.

How about how storms start to form in the distance?

b677qch.gif

This game just oozes atmosphere, even from a low quality GIF from a low quality YT video. Holy shit. Can't wait to play this at night with my headphones on for maximum immersion. Might even light some candles & scented sticks, and rub my naked body with oils beforehand. Lol.

rashbeep

Banned
Weather-wize, nothing beats Driveclub. But in W3, users will have more time to enjoy the nature and visuals.

I disagree. DC might be impressive on a technical level, but I really don't like their implementation of clouds and especially how they are lit. I can't deny that the rainy/snowy weather is beautiful though.

Raven77

What is the cheapest DX 12 compatible graphics card that you guys think could run this well with a good processor / ram combo?

I like the look of this PS4 footage but pop in drives me absolutely nuts in open world games.

Top Bottom