• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

FuKuy

CDProjekt have released their REDKit engine for mod use, just like Creation Kit for Skyrim.
But the modding community is nowhere near the size of Bethesda game ones.
Maybe that will change with Witcher 3 going open world and becoming more popular (I hope)

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=files

Embracing and using STEAM Workshop for MOD distribution and installation would definitely help to increase awareness and popularity for the Witcher MODing community.

Gold_Loot

Grown ass 39 year old crying like a 12 year old. Just ignore the discussion, I mena EVERYONE is comparing the game ot the PC version because all previous footage is of the PC version.
Nobody's crying, and there's no need to act like a douche. If you want to compare frame rates and LOD distance go make a thread about it. There's no need to derail this thread with fanboy bullshit. This thread is about the PS4 version only.

Gumbie

I sometimes feel the same way. I have a pretty powerful PC (well except the 2GB VRAM on my 770) but I usually play all the AAA games on a console. Why? I don't know. But somehow I tend to finish games on a console but get easily distracted on my PC with surfing the web etc.

Glad I'm not the only one lol. Although I have noticed I don't wonder as much if I'm in steam big picture mode.

Kinthalis

Banned
Embracing and using STEAM Workshop for MOD distribution and installation would definitely help to increase awareness and popularity for the Witcher MODing community.

YEP. But I don't think this is going to happen, since it's nto a Steamworks games,a nd they'd end up splitting the mod community with the GOG copies being sold.

I have PS4 and just built a 4690k/GTX970 box. Without this being about digital phallus size, am I correct in assuming the my PC is the correct version for me in this case?

PC for sure man.

This is pretty first world problems..but I'm confident I can run it sufficiently on a 680 SLI / 3570K...I just hate having my XBO controller cord draped over my leg whilst playing. So PS4 for this one.

Kinthalis

Banned
Nobody's crying, and there's no need to act like a douche. If you want to compare frame rates and LOD distance go make a thread about it. There's no need to derail this thread with fanboy bullshit. This thread is about the PS4 version only.

This thread is about whatever the people involved in the thread want to discuss, you ar enot the arbiter of thread discussions. It looks like a ton of both PC and PS4 gamers are comparing it to previous footage without hurling any fanboy accusations at each other or trashing each other (for the most part), and pretty much agreeing that it looks great.

That is until YOU got here, mr grown ass 39 YO.

game only needs 980 for ultra 1080/60 so PS4 at 1080/30 should be easily achieved

enjoy the 2D foliage to make this possible

Gold_Loot

This thread is about whatever the people involved in the thread want to discuss, you ar enot the arbiter of thread discussions. It looks like a ton of both PC and PS4 gamers are comparing it to previous footage without hurling any fanboy accusations at each other or trashing each other (for the most part), and pretty much agreeing that it looks great.

That is until YOU got here, mr grown ass 39 YO.
Maybe you should go back and re read the thread?. I didn't quote or throw any accusations towards anybody. The one doing the quoting and talk back is none other than yourself. But I'll just leave it there. This thread is tainted enough as is.

UnrealEck

I expect in depth blades of grass analysis from this footage, don't disappoint GAF! :D

Well considering Youtube's compression seems to have gotten even heavier lately, I don't see the point.
I'm sure we'll be seeing proper comparisons once it's out.

Anyway, looks fine on PS4. I'd be fine playing it looking like that if I had to. The 30 FPS cap is a bit of a kicker though.

I sometimes feel the same way. I have a pretty powerful PC (well except the 2GB VRAM on my 770) but I usually play all the AAA games on a console. Why? I don't know. But somehow I tend to finish games on a console but get easily distracted on my PC with surfing the web etc. (I blame NeoGAF)^^ The PS4 is lovely though, 1 button on my controller and the TV+PS4 turn on, one button press and Bloodborne starts. Doesn't get easier for a lazy fuck like me :D

But my PC still gets good use with games like Might&Magic, Wasteland 2 and Europa Universalis^^ And don't forget that a powerful CPU+SSD is always good for everyday work.

Haha wow you are just like me. my PC gets used a lot for indies and I have W3 ready for my PC but yeah most AAA games i'll play on console as I find it really hard to enjoy them on a smaller monitor and sat at my desk as I end up doing other things. Plus I enjoy slobbing out on the sofa. I probably oculd get a longer HDMI cable and play my pc on the TV but it's just a bit of a faff and I have enough wires in my living room as it is.

Anyway OT but I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this haha. Plus sometimes console games just work and aren't needed a load of tweaking to get thatsolid 30fps or 60fps. I end up going down a scary rabbit hole on my PC if a game isn't performing properly and spend hours getting it working haha.

On-topic: Footage looks great imo

Gurish

Wish we could have higher quality, still my only concern now is IQ (mainly AA and AF which are hard to spot with all the compression), the rest like vegetation, overall assets quality and framerate seems great.

Kinthalis

Banned
Wish we could have higher quality, still my only concern now is IQ (mainly AA and AF which are hard to spot with all the compression), the rest like vegetation, overall assets quality and framerate seems great.

Only high quality screenies will reveal issues there I'm afraid, even high quality video is softened too much to tell, IMHO.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
It looks good for a version of a game that doesn't exist

what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about-gif.gif

It looks like the splashy / ripple effects are turned way down on PS4, for obvious reasons I guess.
For example, zero ripple effect here:

K04KIuh.gif

However, you do still get some decent splishy splashy when you're on a horse.

MuIUMMu.gif

Do the first two games have a lot of mod potential? What sort of stuff has been done in the past?
For some reason I totally hadn't considered if there would be a modding scene for this.

The first 2 definitely had some great mods. W1 especially. W1 had inventory/UI changes(for the way better), character model mods, music and graphics mods(loved the dual swords on the back) amongst many others(like combat rebalance) amongst come great fan quests. W2 had combat rebalance and EatChildren's grass mod jump off if I remember, but I know with the release of RedKit there were quite a few fan quests added as well. I'd say with CDPR being a PC focused company, if you have one that can run the game at similar settings as PS4 at 30 fps, it's probably best to get it there as the PC will have better/more support than it's console brothers. But it does look phenomenal on PS4 and I'd imagine Xbone is the same as well. It's a fantastic time to be a Witcher fan. I'm so glad that they finally achieved what they were going for with Witcher 1 in regards to world building and immersion.

I don't know which Gods to thank, but Witcher 2 came out on my B-Day and Witcher 3 is coming 2 days after my birthday this year. Thank you Polish god's of bounty.

Seems fine to me. I'm not really surprised considering they did a great job on the 360 version of TW2.

I swear youtube compression has become worse.

drotahorror

Whoever encoded those vids needs to up their game a bit. Some of the most compressed footage I've seen in a while from a 1080p feed.

And I hope you can turn health bars off.

UnrealEck

With the downgrade rumors flying around, I think PC gamers will suspect console parity.

Pretty much all games are built with console hardware in mind. Would Witcher 3 look better had it been built to take advantage of high end hardware of today? Absolutely.

Pretty much all games are built with console hardware in mind. Would Witcher 3 look better had it been built to take advantage of high end hardware of today? Absolutely.

Or not, since that would also mean significantly lowering their sales expectations, meaning it would be harder to justify the financial investment in high-end graphics/physics/etc.

Whether it's been specifically downgraded or simply is less ambitious on a technical level than a PC-only version could have been, the game (and the series, and CDP) benefits from being accessible to a much wider audience than just high-end PC owners.

UnrealEck

Looks great!

Any word on when we'll see X1 footage, or do we have to wait until the 19th. :(

I think there's been XONE shown. I believe it was at E3 or some event.

Or not, since that would also mean significantly lowering their sales expectations, meaning it would be harder to justify the financial investment in high-end graphics/physics/etc.

Whether it's been specifically downgraded or simply is less ambitious on a technical level than a PC-only version could have been, the game (and the series, and CDP) benefits from being accessible to a much wider audience than just high-end PC owners.

Add more scalability. This sort of thing comes with more time spent on the PC version.

AdanVC

What?! Get one of those! (or an Xbone!)

Buy one platform and play this game buddy. If you don't have the money now sell one of your organs to play The Witcher 3. Do it

So. TEMPTED. I've been saving so it's just a matter of time till I decide if I get a PS4 or a proper PC to play this and GTA V! I've been away of open world/sandbox games for years!

Looks like there is nothing to be worried about so far. Looks great!

I'm buying the CE early and a PS4 a month later just to play this and Batman (and bloodborne) :)

Totally forgot about Batman! And that game is shaping to be insanely good as well.
Hoping to get a PS4 later this year. Enjoy!

The thread with all the PC footage being discussed didn't have any PS4 gamers talking about PS4 footage or lack thereof? No one discussed the PS4 version on the PC GTX 980 thread?

Give it a rest.

That last thread was a general thread. And Console people had to wait for whatever reason for some official Console footage.

PC gamers coming in this thread, bragging about their graphics cards and pcs is more annoying to me than people asking for some official console footage.

Kinthalis

Banned

Ture enough. Sometime sI wish Valve, Nvidia and Intel would invest a little money for some really high end PC exlcusive titles, like Sony and Microsft do.

::sigh::

Kinthalis

Banned
That last thread was a general thread. And Console people had to wait for whatever reason for some official Console footage.

PC gamers coming in this thread, bragging about their graphics cards and pcs is more annoying to me than people asking for some official console footage.

Not as annoying as they guy who has nothing to contribute except to whine.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think he's poking fun at some "insider" who claimed some months ago that the game was completely broken and barely exists outside of some demo levels.

Obviously that was total bullshit.
Lol I remember that. All that worry for nothing. Whatever happened to that poster anyway?

Top Bottom