• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4 vs XB1 video (Gamersyde)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurish

Wait I've already downloaded and isntalled the day 1 patch on my PS4, are you telling me I should delete it and re-download the entire game without the patch!?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Wait I've already downloaded and isntalled the day 1 patch on my PS4, are you telling me I should delete it and re-download the entire game without the patch!?

Unless you have a physical copy, then you I believe you can do that. But if you getting it from the PS store, once the patch is released. It would by default comes with the digital download.

Correct me if I am wrong.

For people thinking about downgrading: the load menu shows the version you save is at. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling without the patch but I assume it doesn't work.

erawsd

Is that worth it to you?

ud20nZb.jpg

PdlGACN.jpg

One of the many things that make PC gaming so awesome these days... You can just fix frame pacing issues and unlocked frame rates yourself without relying on the developer and patches that are stuck in certification for weeks.

If PC gaming is so awesome then why is that downgrade thread like a bottomless ocean of salty tears.

I don't know how they have the cheek to describe themselves as game 'enthusiasts' when they can be so vitriolic and hateful over grass textures.

enthutiastic

Definition of enthusiastic in English:
adjective

Having or showing intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval:

Jedi2016

Is that worth it to you?
Since when does graphical changes on one system automatically apply to the other as well? There is zero evidence of AO/AF changes on PS4 with the patch. Especially considering these changes are, by NX's analysis, limited to only cutscenes on the XB1, while the apparent problems in the PS4 version occur only during gameplay and busy combat. One of these things is not like the other.

erawsd

Since when does graphical changes on one system automatically apply to the other as well? There is zero evidence of AO/AF changes on PS4 with the patch. Especially considering these changes are, by NX's analysis, limited to only cutscenes on the XB1, while the apparent problems in the PS4 version occur only during gameplay and busy combat. One of these things is not like the other.

Heh I didn't even see him mention PS4 there, guess I assumed he was talking about Xbox since this is an Xbox thread.

Nope. Not much of a noticeable difference between the 2. Difference is very minor. If you have to sit up close to the TV and nit-pick every little thing, then sure for you, but not for me. Xbox One version it is!
Are you trying to say the only way you can see differences in framerate and details is by sitting up close? Damn, it must suck to have your eyes.

Cavalier

Banned
damn, hope they lock it to 30. Would that be too much work?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they eventually do this and patch it in, but I doubt it.

Are you trying to say the only way you can see differences in framerate and details is by sitting up close? Damn, it must suck to have your eyes.
Are you saying that the difference is huge and you like to sit up close to TV? Damn, it must suck to be your eyes. Try harder next time. You might pop a vein or two.

Is there a scientific word for one's eyes being deficient at seeing frames per second in the vein of myopia?

Is there a scientific word for obsessing over minor differences and being deficient at accepting other people's observations that don't match theirs?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they eventually do this and patch it in, but I doubt it.

Are you saying that the difference is huge and you like to sit up close to TV? Damn, it must suck to be your eyes. Try harder next time. You might pop a vein or two.

Is there a scientific word for obsessing over minor differences?

I haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about but my main TV is 65" and I can see the difference between 900p and 1080p where ever I am in the room.

People noticing differences isn't the same as obsessing over them.

I don't have an Xbone because there isn't anything about it that appeals to me and I have barely enough time to play all my PS4 games anyway. As I was only ever going to get one console I chose the one that gets the best version of most multiplats due to more power. If I did have both consoles then I'm struggling to imagine with this game why I might pick the version with poorer image even if the difference wasn't huge unless the controller was a massive factor.

SpokkX

Would like to see footage of bigger fights on xbone as they CLEARLY drop frames quite a bit on ps4 (yes after the patch)

Does the xbox version manage to stay above 30fps in the same fights?

Kinthalis

Banned
If PC gaming is so awesome then why is that downgrade thread like a bottomless ocean of salty tears.

I don't know how they have the cheek to describe themselves as game 'enthusiasts' when they can be so vitriolic and hateful over grass textures.

enthutiastic

Definition of enthusiastic in English:
adjective

Having or showing intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval:

You really are your avatar, aren't you? Just a sour, salty fanboy with nothing intelligent to say.

You really are your avatar, aren't you? Just a sour, salty fanboy with nothing intelligent to say.

Ha ha ha. Poor baby.
I'm not salty at all.
When you aren't turning up in console threads bragging about your PC to people who aren't really interested you seem to turn up in other threads spreading your sunny brand of 'enthusiasm'.

I actually enjoyed reading the downgrade thread. I haven't laughed at internet angst and rage so much in quite a while.

When my copy of the Witcher turns up tomorrow I'm sure I'll be enjoying the hell out of it like the vast majority of Xbox One and PS4 owners here.
No doubt you will be wailing and gnashing about downgrades and grass textures for months to come.

I know which type of enthusiast I would rather be.

I haven't got a fucking clue what you're on about but my main TV is 65" and I can see the difference between 900p and 1080p where ever I am in the room.

People noticing differences isn't the same as obsessing over them.

I don't have an Xbone because there isn't anything about it that appeals to me and I have barely enough time to play all my PS4 games anyway. As I was only ever going to get one console I chose the one that gets the best version of most multiplats due to more power. If I did have both consoles then I'm struggling to imagine with this game why I might pick the version with poorer image even if the difference wasn't huge unless the controller was a massive factor.
If you don't have an XB1, why is it so important for you to note the differences in each version, and then spend time on a forum trying to convince others of the value of what you see. Others have stated that the differences are negligible and easily noticeable, so at this point your line of argumentation against there's is just more circuitous argumentation, a circle that has already been done here just in this thread over and over again.

Some people can't be convinced that it's not that important, that it doesn't detract from gameplay, that the disparity is not there. Because, narrative?

Some people keep the echo chamber going in hopes of convincing Others to join their Cause. This is a psychological condition. But the echo chamber won't catch to other areas if the truth shows the facts to be different.

Deleted the patch to check it out for myself. Here are some more pre/post-patch comparison pics on PS4.

Pre patch:
img_02287nucv.jpg

img_02307jukv.jpg

img_0231b1umt.jpg

Post patch:
img_0227q4uyp.jpg

img_0232efs3g.jpg

img_0234fdstu.jpg

Cutscene performance was pretty awful pre patch, gameplay seemed fine for the tutorial area.
I'd say it's not worth it to keep it unpatched.

kpaadet

Unless you have a physical copy, then you I believe you can do that. But if you getting it from the PS store, once the patch is released. It would by default comes with the digital download.

Correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong, you can cancel the patch update no matter what version you have.

Gurish

Deleted the patch to check it out for myself. Here are some more pre/post-patch comparison pics on PS4.

Cutscene performance was pretty awful pre patch, gameplay seemed fine for the tutorial area.
I'd say it's not worth it to keep it unpatched.

So patch only effects cut scenes, during gameplay AF and everything is fine only with better performance?

If so I will keep it patched on my PS4.

JeffG

I am more curious about why the framerate is above 30 for the XBox. What kind of dynamic resolution are they using?

The video claims that the res stays at 900P and yet the frame rate is ~upper 30's

Maybe the dynamic res isn't actually patched in yet??

If you don't have an XB1, why is it so important for you to note the differences in each version, and then spend time on a forum trying to convince others of the value of what you see. Others have stated that the differences are negligible and easily noticeable, so at this point your line of argumentation against there's is just more circuitous argumentation, a circle that has already been done here just in this thread over and over again.

I don't really need to see the differences but knowing what they are gives me important information.
if there's no difference then it tells me the dev hasn't pushed the PS4 at all and raises alarm bells about the quality of the port.
Comparisons also highlighted the recent AF problems in Dying Light which ultimately led to the patch which fixed them.

I don't really care what version you or anyone else choose's to buy.
I don't think people should be suggesting that only people who 'sit too close to their TV' would care about resolution differences and I don't think that people should say things are practically identical when they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom