• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2014, PC/NextGen): Game Informer March 2013 [Updated OP]

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
How can they afford to make a game like this? CD Project are hardly the most wealth developer plus they're independent.

It' shows how efficient they are.
They have GOG.com, and for what I know CD Projekt it's a big publisher in Poland and maybe the rest of Europe.
CD Projekt RED is only their game studio.

So they're not really "Indie".

Derrick01

Banned
How can they afford to make a game like this? CD Project are hardly the most wealth developer plus they're independent.

It' shows how efficient they are.

Well Witcher 2 only cost like $12 million in total I believe, with marketing. I'm sure this will be a lot more expensive with the team size increase.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
LTTP but awesome.

Who would have figured that The Witcher would be the very first franchise to get a next gen game on the cover of Game Informer.
It's done very well for CDR so it wasn't completely out of the question. I'm assuming if this is on PS4 and 720 they would want some new fans as well

Geoff9920

I'm not sure how I feel about this going full open world; it makes me wonder if it'll lose the focus the previous games have had.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm not sure how I feel about this going full open world; it makes me wonder if it'll lose the focus the previous games have had.

We'll just have to wait and see how the final product shapes up since they're not going to do anything but brag about how life changing it'll be and media won't be much help either. If anything I hope they take endless shots at Bethesda/Skyrim during the hype cycle for this game like they did with Bioware last time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think what I like most about this 'trilogy' is the patience from CDPR to ensure each game looks and plays differently. Not a series pushed to annual or bi-annual releases to see it finished in one generation, but one given time to breath.

2007 - The Witcher
2011 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
2014 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Dawg

On 10 July 2008, CD Projekt announced Good Old Games (gog.com), a service for purchasing classic, DRM-free computer games online.
In 2009 the company launched the distribution of DVD/Blu-ray movies, which started a shift in profile and the process of extending its distributional portfolio.
They are currently the official Polish distributor of products by (among others) Activision Blizzard, Codemasters, NCsoft, SEGA and The Walt Disney Company.[5]
On 21 September 2012, CD Projekt has changed its name to cdp.pl [6]

I never knew these things.

Endo Punk

Going into next gen I really see myself supporting CD Projekt a lot by purchasing Wild Hunt as well as -my most anticipated gamer ever- Cyberpunk 2077. Love the passion they show for their work as well respect for gamers, now that's how you handle yourself.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I think what I like most about this 'trilogy' is the patience from CDPR to ensure each game looks and plays differently. Not a series pushed to annual or bi-annual releases to see it finished in one generation, but one given time to breath.

2007 - The Witcher
I love it as well, although I never played the first I hear the second was improved in many ways and to me there's no doubt TW3 won't be a big step forward.
2018 - The Plougher: The Vernon Roche Saga

Dennis

Banned
I now have a year to finish The Witcher 2 and when I do it will be fresh in my memory and the upgraded visuals of The Witcher 3 will be readily apparent to me.

Yeah, I got the last laugh.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Watch how the build up and execution of the Wild Hunt shit over everything Bioware tried to achieve with the reapers in the Mass Effect Saga in terms of impact and writing :lol: I am even willing to bet if it fails on delivering ay of the above then EatChildren can plough any future daughter I will have.

Elginer

This is going to be glorious in their new engine and finally on next-gen consoles. Shame it's a 2014 title but hey, at least we have one blockbuster to look forward to on next-gen systems.

I now have a year to finish The Witcher 2 and when I do it will be fresh in my memory and the upgraded visuals of The Witcher 3 will be readily apparent to me.

I plan to replay it on the X360 and do a 100% completition. Boom! \o/ Hehehehe.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

You didn't have to play again for extra dlc either.

Played through both The Witcher 1 and 2 on PC and also got a review copy of the 360 version from CD Projekt.

Definitely looking forward to this game. One of my favorite franchises in games for sure.

Solo

You won't finish Act 1, get real Dennis.

sflufan

Banned
I shall have business to attend to in Nilfgaard next year and will very much look forward to meeting Emperor Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd (the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of His Enemies).

Necrovex

2007 - The Witcher

We need more developers like CDPR in the game industry.

I still have to play Roche's path with the Enhanced Edition content. I played his path first prior to the content patch and Lorveth's path after the EE patch. I'll probably try to time it closer to Witcher 3's release. Also, the mod tools will have been available for sometime at that point and I can't wait to see what modders come up with.

We need more developers like CDPR in the game industry.

They are a beacon of hope.

I'm not really understanding your complaint. Why are you against fast travel? If you don't like that you might have to go far away to get something, then why are you mad that you can get back there instantly?

Because some people would rather not have fast travel with better designed quests than ones that send you across the map for 20 gold.

Gbraga

Yet everybody complains when a game takes too long to come out. The main one recently is Versus. Actually, they have a point on that one.

They only complain when they announce it too early. If Versus was announced last year, nobody would have a problem with waiting until 2014 (15? 16? Will it ever come out?) for such a promising game.

You really shouldn't announce something 10 years before it comes out, even if it takes 10 years to make it.

I'm anxious as to whether they can pull of something this ambitious. Nothing CD Projekt have done so far has suggested they aren't capable of it though, just seems like it'll be a challenge to get it running smoothly.

demidar

I'm anxious as to whether they can pull of something this ambitious. Nothing CD Projekt have done so far has suggested they aren't capable of it though, just seems like it'll be a challenge to get it running smoothly.

Biggest challenge is to leverage the benefits of open-world, not to just have it because sequel's gotta be bigger and open-world doesn't automatically mean good/better.

Top Bottom