• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

I just watch Witcher 3 E3 trailer and i didn't see that part of game and i did all side quest, maybe secret quest or did they remove this? Anyone know about that?

witcher3q4u1n.jpg

I just watch Witcher 3 E3 trailer and i didn't see that part of game and i did all side quest, maybe secret quest or did they remove this? Anyone know about that?

If I remember correctly it's a random encounter. The prostitute elf is getting harassed. Gives you a few different ways to get them to leave her alone then can converse. Might be wrong due to the reuse of character models though.

If I remember correctly it's a random encounter. The prostitute elf is getting harassed. Gives you a few different ways to get them to leave her alone then can converse. Might be wrong due to the reuse of character models though.
Yeah, that's what it was. Random Novigrad encounter.

Thanks! How can i miss that, i played 200 hours and maybe traveled every piece of map but didn't encounter this quest.

Is there some sort of guide for all secret random quest?

Thanks! How can i miss that, i played 200 hours and maybe traveled every piece of map but didn't encounter this quest.

Eh, I'm going through New Game + and encountered a lot of stuff I didn't on my first playthrough, in addition to not having come across several smaller missions/encounters I did back then. I'm constantly floored the game still manages to surprise me.

Lender

Well I think I finally know why 'A Deadly Plot' was bugged in my previous playthrough. After completing it I got the 'Quest completed' notification, but after going through the
isle of mists
suddenly it popped up again as failed. I searched everywhere, but couldn't find anything that could have been a solution.

Now the same thing happened again with another quest. This time 'Last Wish' got bugged. Once more I got the completed message after saying that I
love Yen
, but then afterwards you have to
get Uma
, and after you enter the stables a notifcation pops up saying I have failed the quest.

Went searching again, and came up on an answer. Apparently it's the 'fast travel from anywere' mod that fucks it all up. I restarted the Uma quest, fast travelled through a normal sign post and, everything was ok.

Moral of the story: don't use the fast travel mod. Problem is that I think I'm gonna have the same problem with 'A deadly plot' again. :(

X-Frame

so is Hattori the only person who can craft Witcher swords? I'm underleveled for his quest.

There is a blacksmith in the Fish market in Novigrad that can craft up to Superior versions of Witcher swords, but Hattori is the only one for Mastercraft versions.

Additionally, there is an Armorer in the main square across from the Fast Travel waypoint that can craft up to Superior versions of Armor. He's near the currency exchange bank in Novigrad, kinda hidden in a little corner.

Hypron

I just finished the game late last night. Absolutely great experience.

I do feel a bit empty now though. I have yet to play the extension but I'm feeling like reloading a save before the ending, playing through as much side content as I want and then when I'm ready to move onto another game finish the main quest again. It's kinda weird to play the game after having finished the main quest.

The God

There's a swordsmith in Oxenfurt who can craft low level witcher swords.

There is a blacksmith in the Fish market in Novigrad that can craft up to Superior versions of Witcher swords, but Hattori is the only one for Mastercraft versions.

Additionally, there is an Armorer in the main square across from the Fast Travel waypoint that can craft up to Superior versions of Armor. He's near the currency exchange bank in Novigrad, kinda hidden in a little corner.

Thanks guys.

Garibaldi

Am I missing something with the griffin witcher gear quest? It's a level 11 recommended quest but there is a level 20 wraith (I think it's a wraith, I 'Nope' out of there as soon as it aggros) in there. Is there a trick for getting around it or something?

X-Frame

Am I missing something with the griffin witcher gear quest? It's a level 11 recommended quest but there is a level 20 wraith (I think it's a wraith, I 'Nope' out of there as soon as it aggros) in there. Is there a trick for getting around it or something?

I noticed this too. I don't remember exactly what I did but I ended up reloading a save earlier, from when I was outside the room where we encounter him and then that Level 20 was no where to be seen. Maybe it's not supposed to be there and it was a bug? Ended up running in quick and then grabbing the treasure before it came, which it didn't.

Jacknapes

I had a werewolf appear where some of the mastercrafted Witcher armour was.

Reached level 35 over the weekend and started tackling the DLC missions, still havn't finished the main story. From checking the quests completed/failed, i've completed well over 140 quests and failed only 2. In Novigrad/Velen, i've got 50 odd "?" marks left and over 100 in Skelliga (most of which are treasure). Probably rinse a few of them marks tonight after work.

I don't know why i put the game down in June, it's blooming marvellous

I pushed on and played for about 20 hours over the weekend. I am just about done in Novigrad. I am mostly trying to main the story, but I do the Witcher Contracts and a few side quests here and there. I know if I attempt to do everything in the game I will burn out on it.

Story/Quest Spoilers ahead: I am at the very end of the
Junior Whoreson Questline.

The story, world, and characters are really wonderful. I am still very tepid on the combat and "prepare for a hunt" stuff. It's just not for me. I think some of that could be streamlined, but that would also be a disservice to folks that enjoy it.

I am playing on PC and on the lowest difficulty.

HBP

So I finished the main quest a while back and I am around level 34, if I want to play Hearts of Stone I should just buy that and play without new game plus? Just making sure, my understanding is if I do the new game plus then the level recommendation/difficulty doubles.

hydruxo

So I finished the main quest a while back and I am around level 34, if I want to play Hearts of Stone I should just buy that and play without new game plus? Just making sure, my understanding is if I do the new game plus then the level recommendation/difficulty doubles.

Yep, you're at the perfect level to start HoS. I was around level 36 when I started it.

Garibaldi

I noticed this too. I don't remember exactly what I did but I ended up reloading a save earlier, from when I was outside the room where we encounter him and then that Level 20 was no where to be seen. Maybe it's not supposed to be there and it was a bug? Ended up running in quick and then grabbing the treasure before it came, which it didn't.

Ah right. I've levelled to 14 now so I think I'll just suicide run it, although I think I'll be able to take it now if I have plenty room. Hopefully it's not there at all though.

Love this game. The dialogue alone fills me with joy.

Stanng243

So I just started this game, never having played the others before. I picked the hardest difficulty. Any advice to help me stop getting eaten alive?

r1chard

So I just started this game, never having played the others before. I picked the hardest difficulty. Any advice to help me stop getting eaten alive?
Complete all the quests in White Orchard first. I stupidly followed the story along for a while and ended up out of White Orchard and getting my ass handed to me. Go back there. I went back, did all the things there and now the rest of the game is very much easier.

Hypron

Dangit, I picked the active Axii sign over that. The Quen shield sounded like it'd be kinda awkward to use. Granted, I'm still having fun mind controlling stuff!

Axii is great to have though because it gives you more dialogue options.

I went for a potion build and the skill that makes all potions heal you is very useful. The very last bomb upgrade is absolutely lethal too but regardless of your build you'll be quite OP towards the end of the game.

usp84

Is the information on how many days and hours i have played on the character screen correct?I have been playing since day 1 and i remember some were saying that it was broken.

Did they fix this with an update?

On PS4 btw

aku:jiki

You probably missed it the same way I did, the scene plays out as you're just running past and it doesn't force you into a cutscene or anything, nor does the quest wait around for you to pay attention. If you don't act immediately when it happens, you missed it. I missed it by simply running past it and when I realized that there was a random encounter happening, it was over and I couldn't partake anymore.

I've played 2 hours straight of gwent. They have to know they are on a gold mine with a stand alone gwent game.
It's a hardcore pay to win game. It would fail miserably as a standalone and they know it, which is why they've said that there will never be one.

I wraped up the main quest in Novigrad last night. I did start this game just wanting to main the story, but the quests/characters/dialouge is all just too good.

I also respeced Geralt and when for a strong Signs build. I'm still playing on the lowest difficulty, but I am having WAY more fun in the combat.

I had something pretty funny happen last night however. I was level 16 and accidentally made enhanced versions of my trousers and boots without realizing I needed to be 18 to wear them! So for about 2 hours I was just playing without any pants or boots on in the game.

I must say I thought the contracts would have more variety than this, maybe I'm just having bad luck but they all seem to be about a group of villagers that were killed, you go to the scene and follow a trail to a unique monster and then bring back the trophy...

I must say I thought the contracts would have more variety than this, maybe I'm just having bad luck but they all seem to be about a group of villagers that were killed, you go to the scene and follow a trail to a unique monster and then bring back the trophy...

There's definitely less variety in them than the other side quests, but there's still some really interesting monster contracts.

Q8D3vil

The old lady's house treasure one, Ghosts of the Past, was fantastic.

Such a pleasant surprise for some Witcher 2 completionists.

He's Baaaack!

If you manage to let him go to KM he will join you in the fight against the wild hunt. I was mind fucking blown.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I romanced Yen in my game but I never once encountered the
unicorn sex scene
. How the heck did I miss it?

Lender

I romanced Yen in my game but I never once encountered the
unicorn sex scene
. How the heck did I miss it?

You get it after you get
the mask of Uroboros. Just before she teleports you and her out she asks you what you're thinking about. You can then think about wanting to kiss her. You then got teleported out, and she ripped her outfit. You then say that you would love to watch. And then the sex scene happens.

Shahadan

Hi guys, sorry but I'm rather confused right now. I restarted playing yesterday after stopping many months ago, and I can't seem to update my game from gog galaxy. It's still at 1.08 and if I try to update it says "not authorized". On the gog website it says I don't own the base game or something despite being able to play it.
Also vanished from order history.

I've read they fused the various Witcher 3 items into one so maybe something went wrong there? Or did they remove the game from my account? =/

I wouldn't care that much usually since I can play, but I had bought the expansion pass back then so...I'd like to play them eventually.

If you manage to let him go to KM he will join you in the fight against the wild hunt. I was mind fucking blown.
Late game-ish spoilers:
Even more ridiculously, you can have both Roche and Letho at KM. Given that Letho murdered the man that Roche considered a father, and Roche is completely aware of it, you can't tell me that anything would stand between Roche and revenge, not even Geralt. Hell Letho's presence might be enough to turn Roche against Getalt too.

BumRush

Sometimes when I'm riding in my boat, I see a red dot and get fired up that it might be something other than a drowner. Alas, it never is.

Are there any other - preferably much bigger - seafaring monsters?

Sometimes when I'm riding in my boat, I see a red dot and get fired up that it might be something other than a drowner. Alas, it never is.

Are there any other - preferably much bigger - seafaring monsters?

Skellige has sirens. No sea-monsters though, which is a bummer.

I've finished everything in the main game + dlc, got the platinum as well. Only thing left is roughly 50 ? locations in the Skellige isles, most of which are in open water. Kind of tedious to take a boat out to discover them, and disappointing that majority of them turn out to be smuggler's caches.

Also, late game spoiler about Birna Bran:

i found her dead, chained to a rock and pecked by crows on a small isle outside of the main island.

Top Bottom