• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Thorgal

also : if in HOS you haven't done the battle of
Kaer morhen yet and you have met with
Countess Mignole ( who vesemir was in love with )
you can actually go back and talk to Vesemir about her .

It makes his death even more tragic ;(

I wish i knew these damn tips before completing the main story.

I'm still actually pretty annoyed how minuscule the end game related choices seemed with no hint or direction the player should go to get the "good" endings.

I thought i was on the right track as
I never sold her out and took her along to grieve and complete her unresolved stuff

but because i didn't let her
vent her rage (by destroying someone's property) and i chose to drink with her because she's a fucking adult (instead of laughing at snowball fight)
i got the worst ending.

i feel like this should be a tip to newcomers because of the lack of warning that these decisions do to impact the ending.

That's pretty normal for CDPR though. They have been going out of their way to make sure that their choice and consequence stuff is not telegraphed since the first Witcher game.

Personally I far prefer that approach to other games where they make the outcomes to various choices totally obvious before you even get to choose.

Just a heads up for new fans of the witcher looking to get into the books. If you see a character named Jaskier, that is the non-translated name for Dandelion.
I just read a whole chapter of the Sword of Destiny wondering who the eff is Jaskier.

Also why would cdpr translate a name? So bizarre.

Actually I think it is
Empress one
. You cannot use the last tip if you don't
take her to Vizima

She would still become a witcher - even if Geralt took her to Vizima - if Emhyr died at the end, yar? So I suppose those advices are simply to keep Ciri from dying.

Did you read the fan translation? AFAIK the official English translation of SoD uses Dandelion.

And it isn't just CDPR. The Last wish also used Dandelion and it was translated before the first game.
Ya im reading a unoffical translated version of SOD. So im not if the rest of the series is Dandelion or Jaskier.
But anyways translating a name in books and the game, so weird. Could you imagine if japanese names were translated in jrpgs and anime. There would be riots!

MadYarpen

I wish i knew these damn tips before completing the main story.

I'm still actually pretty annoyed how minuscule the end game related choices seemed with no hint or direction the player should go to get the "good" endings.

I thought i was on the right track as
I never sold her out and took her along to grieve and complete her unresolved stuff

but because i didn't let her
vent her rage (by destroying someone's property) and i chose to drink with her because she's a fucking adult (instead of laughing at snowball fight)
i got the worst ending.

i feel like this should be a tip to newcomers because of the lack of warning that these decisions do to impact the ending.
I like the way they made it. Big part of the ending is the fate of a different person. And you cannot control it the way you controll yours. IMO it is very natural. You never know what decision is significant, and here it is the same. You can harm someone even if you want to help him, etc. And, I don't know, but if I had a daughter end she felt bad for some reason, I wouldn't give her booze, that's for sure;)

Coreda

Thank you! I don't like the official name particularly - wonder if it was more of a functional title for implementation :(

The internal names of the game audio have very straightforward titles for identification, so yeah. Most of the tracks have more interesting titles for the standalone OSTs.

Not sure any of you guys have seen this. Cool stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3oGWhfVku4

1) There will be a time when she will come to you defeated, resigned. Find a way to make her laugh.

2) There will come a time when one will betray her. Let her vent her rage.

3) There will come a time when she will grieve for a friend. Grieve with her.

4) There will come a time when fear will engulf her. Instill courage in her, but do not act in her stead.

5) And never, ever let her feel as if you've sold her out.

So it seems that CDPR considers the
"Ciri becomes a Witcher ending"
as the best ending.
Omg, CDPR are wizards. I love everything about this. Thanks for sharing the video!

I wonder if there are other games that have done that kind of in-universe (legit Witcher 3 spoilers)
explanation of "best ending" conditions
thing. It's so clever; that whole expansion is GOAT-tier.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
That is really cool. I was already wondering if HoS in any way had ties to the mainline story if you were still in the middle of that (I didn't start the DLCs untill I finished the main quest). Really neat.

So, I'm just getting around to playing this, and I'm about 20 hours in. Suddenly I'm getting this weird loading when trying to converse with someone. It's beginning to get so annoying I'm going to stop playing. (on PC FYI)

*talk to vendor
"What are you selling?"
"farewell"

I've seen people reporting this on consoles, and they resolved it by purchasing the DLC. I'm on the GOTY version though, so all DLC is present. I've verified my game cache and all that but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

hitgirl

So I've gone a full Alchemy build, got the manticore gear from DLC finally. I'm playing on deathmarch with enemies leveling turned on. It's hilarious to throw a grapeshot into a group of level 45 enemies and watch them all explode.

Can't wait to finish the DLC then try out some mods.

MadYarpen

So, I'm just getting around to playing this, and I'm about 20 hours in. Suddenly I'm getting this weird loading when trying to converse with someone. It's beginning to get so annoying I'm going to stop playing. (on PC FYI)

*talk to vendor
"What are you selling?"
"farewell"

I've seen people reporting this on consoles, and they resolved it by purchasing the DLC. I'm on the GOTY version though, so all DLC is present. I've verified my game cache and all that but the problem still persists. Any ideas?

by loading you mean blurry image for a sec or two?
I have similar issue, and have DLCs separately installed (PS4). It happens sometimes after I play couple of hours I think. No idea what it is. Reloading game helps anyway...

Raptor

I have similar issue, and have DLCs separately installed (PS4). It happens sometimes after I play couple of hours I think. No idea what it is. Reloading game helps anyway...

Blurry images happens to me to PS4 version, but is very rare and like you say it fixes if you reload a save.

CHC

I could literally play this game forever. Started my second play through in the fall and I'm just sloooowly going through again, playing in between other games. So comforting to just boot up the game and stroll around Novigrad playing a game of Gwent or admiring the scenery. Still manage to notice new things even after ~400 hours of play and some deep dives into the game's files while working on my mod.

Since I've been playing Gwent I've been craving some new Witcher stuff lately.

I'm curious where the series goes from here since Geralt's story is done. One theme that I kinda get from TW3 is that monsters are making a resurgence. With the war and so few Witchers around and after the persecution of mages after Loc Muinne there's no one left to deal with them.

The northern realms is going to be overrun with monsters and the
bad ending, even kind of hints at this as well.

I think going forward, it's going to be about people trying to create witchers again because monsters have gotten out of hand.

Eh, sometimes it will be a blurred image, but it's a legit loading thing because you get the loading icon in the corner. It takes about 30 seconds each time usually. It's kinda frustrating.

MadYarpen

Eh, sometimes it will be a blurred image, but it's a legit loading thing because you get the loading icon in the corner. It takes about 30 seconds each time usually. It's kinda frustrating.

oh, 30 sec? That's more serious, in my case it is not that long. Frustrating, but you can live with it.

hitgirl

Wow, games still blowing my mind 150 hours later. I've finished main quest, gone to majority of the "?" on my maps and sort of thought I've seen everything. Went to Kaer Moren (sp?) just to walk around a bit and I'm finding quests just by randomly going to places, things that were not on notice boards or given to me by npcs. I thought I was done with content, really surprised about all these random hidden quests. Now I'm going to have to walk around EVERY corner of all the zones...

Raptor

Wow, games still blowing my mind 150 hours later. I've finished main quest, gone to majority of the "?" on my maps and sort of thought I've seen everything. Went to Kaer Moren (sp?) just to walk around a bit and I'm finding quests just by randomly going to places, things that were not on notice boards or given to me by npcs. I thought I was done with content, really surprised about all these random hidden quests. Now I'm going to have to walk around EVERY corner of all the zones...

I was curious about this, are this quests infinite?

Like I clean a sector and I come back later and there is a "!" close by meaning a quests is there that wasnt before.

SFaIMks.gif

Went from PS4 to PC today. Very pleased :)

*talk to vendor
"What are you selling?"
"farewell"

Here's a video if that helps. Pretty much experiencing this exactly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSkbdhecF4

Thorgal

also something i just found and this may be old news to most of you but in Corrine tully ( the dream weaver ) "office " there hangs a painting of someone who looks suspiciously like Sigmund Freud .

if it is it is quite fitting .

Coreda

also something i just found and this may be old news to most of you but in Corrine tully ( the dream weaver ) "office " there hangs a painting of someone who looks suspiciously like Sigmund Freud .

if it is it is quite fitting .

Could well be. Saw the same portrait in one of the Blood & Wine pubs. My first impression was it being Marcin Iwinski but the pose and beard of Freud is a more obvious reference given that location above.

j0ZCBGE.jpg

Found my love for The Witcher 3 again.

Last time I played this it was in October 2016. I finished the main game + HOS but never touched Blood and Wine because we got other games down the line.

Decided to New Game Plus the entire endeavour on Level 40 and going further ahead. It is quite amazing how much the extra patches streamlined the PS4 version. No more performance issue's or quests that are bugged out.

Here goes another 150 hours of my life. Hahaha.

Cracklox

So after playing around with too many colors at once on my first playthrough, I decided to choose red for this one. I haven't read the books, and Witcher 2 was my intro to the series so, that was sort of head cannon, even though I know how important black is. In regards to that (romance spoilers if its not obvious lol)

I gotta say letting Yen down at the time was kinda tough. I actually felt pretty bad doing it. But what I didn't realize was just how awesome jealous, snippy Yen is. I take every chance to I get to antagonize her and its hilarious. She's got some viscous comebacks. I got the being teleported over the lake scene at Kaer Morhen, and even though I had heard about it before, it was too funny to watch play out. I also lost it when you're reunited with Triss at Kaer Morhen and you want to have a quiet moment alone with her, but Yen ain't having it.

Somehow I don't think it's quite so funny doing things the other way

killatopak

Is there no way to naturally reach level 34 before taking on HoS and B&W?

I only have a few level 30 contracts and secondary quests left and I'm still level 28. I still haven't done the main quest isle of mists but I'm hoping to go there with mastercrafted gear and go straight to the expansions.

Also, kinda regretting it a bit about my choices because it led me to missing 2 decoctions. Specifically the Succubus and the Doppler mutagens. Can I get them in New Game+ or am I locked out?

MadYarpen

I only have a few level 30 contracts and secondary quests left and I'm still level 28. I still haven't done the main quest isle of mists but I'm hoping to go there with mastercrafted gear and go straight to the expansions.

Also, kinda regretting it a bit about my choices because it led me to missing 2 decoctions. Specifically the Succubus and the Doppler mutagens. Can I get them in New Game+ or am I locked out?

1. I think I was above 34 at the beginning of HOS. Either 39 or 34 actually.
2. No idea.

Ummm... you aren't as far along as you think you are. Isle of Mists is only about 2/3rds of the way through the main story, and there are some huge missions after it that will give you massive amounts of XP. There's a reason it has a suggested level of 22 and not 30. At the rate you're going, you'll have no problem hitting 34 before you start the expansions.

And you can make different choices in a New Game + playthrough to get decoctions you missed, yes. I still could never bring myself to kill the doppler, personally, so that one is just right out for me.

mileS

This game was on the list at the Microsoft E3 Conference under "enhanced for Xbox one X"

Wonder what is changing? Got my hopes up for a Pro patch but I'm out of my mind.

Coreda

This game was on the list at the Microsoft E3 Conference under "enhanced for Xbox one X"

Wonder what is changing? Got my hopes up for a Pro patch but I'm out of my mind.

Interesting. There must have been something in it for them given their previous responses about such updates, assuming it's some kind of perf/resolution patch.

JustinBB7

Do you guys think they will do something for PC as well? I know there is a lot less to boost since it's already the better version of course but is there a chance of something?

killatopak

Why did It takes three to tango initiate when I didn't even do the second Yen romance scene?

I thought I would be able to avoid that as the 1st yen romance was kinda out of nowhere.

Edit: It seems saying I love you at the end of last wish is the cause? I thought the romance at Kaer Morhen was the one that will cause it to trigger. Damn.

Ramma2

Hey everyone I just picked this up again to play the DLCs; I finished the core game almost 2 years ago now.

One of the things I thought was added was the ability to track the gwent cards you were missing so you could finish up the collection. I didn't see anything like that on the map, am I missing something?

Coreda

One of the things I thought was added was the ability to track the gwent cards you were missing so you could finish up the collection. I didn't see anything like that on the map, am I missing something?

From the OP FAQ :)

An in-world book named 'A Miraculous Guide to Gwent' can also be bought that tracks how many remaining new cards there are per region, and is available from the scholar in the Prologue or the merchant near St. Gregory's Bridge in Gildorf district of Novigrad.

Keep in mind that it only displays a counter per region, not precisely where to obtain them. For that you can check this site. Can't recall if the book tracks cards from the expansion regions.

Did they ever add in a feature on console to hide the entire UI and bring it up again with the click of a button?

Because I don't want to play with the UI, but need to turn it on for the map sometimes, but Id have to pull out the map on the map screen, which was annoying

They have it on PC but I can't recall it on Ps4

TheKeyPit

Banned
I am a sinner. Please forgive me. I launched the game and my last save is from June 2016; not that far into Blood and Wine.

I missed this game.

killatopak

Finally finished the base game for the first time. I got the Witcher ending. I think I clocked 140 hours. Now to go to HoS and B&W.

I'll probably make a second playthrough once the Pro patch comes out.

Munki

Finally finished the base game for the first time. I got the Witcher ending. I think I clocked 140 hours. Now to go to HoS and B&W.

I'll probably make a second playthrough once the Pro patch comes out.

Enjoy the ride, both DLC's are fuckin fantastic.

I still can't get over how much content in this game, after two palythroughs I am constantly running into things I have never seen before. Best game ever!

Top Bottom