• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Japanese Website Opens (New Footage/Artwork/Details)

ibphxF6AvOcXGx.gif

The lava area in the Pink trailer is gorgeous

I just got on and I am the Number One Wonder Pink Fan no one loves her moar!

where is this trailer?

Frodo

gawd, please stop doing this to me. I don't want to see any more of this game until it launches, but you guys keep on upping this thread... :~~~~~

Ninjimbo

Hmm. I like Tara Strong, but for some reason I keep thinking Grey Delisle would have been better. She does angry extremely well.

jwk94

If Sega and Nintendo could come together to make Bayo 2 happen, there's REALLY no reason Capcom and Nintendo couldn't do similar to see VJ3 happen.

I wouldn't hesistate in using my PS4 money on a Wii U the SECOND that was announced.

trixx

Oh there are no Wii u first party games with online till Mario kart? That kind of sucks.

This game still looks wonderful

L Thammy

Too many blogs to read! My heart can't take it!

The team attacks and the different defensive abilities of the Unite Morphs remind me of Pikmin in a good way. I think the game's depth is finally starting to show itself.

I'm digging the tension between the characters as well. It would be cool if there were a stage where you have to fight some of the other members of the team: Wonder Red vs Wonder Blue, for example.

I'm thinking of playing through this game once in English first, and then in Japanese.

So Wonder Pink is an alternate reality Sexy Silvia, who's code name is the Punishment Queen, also is a wonderful Castlevania reference and voiced by The Queen of My Heart, Tara Strong...BRING THIS GAME ON!!!

El Odio

Banned
Every time I see something new from this game I want it even more. The wait is getting seriously unbearable at this point.

I hope a limited edition came out (In UK) that has small models of the heros that would be bad ass.

Don't have a WiiU but this and Bayonetta 2 have me checking websites for deals for a console

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The updates are killing me. In the good sense.

Loved how Wonder Pink is basically a Bayonetta nod and her whip is made of "Belmont alloy". Keep pouring love in your games Kamiya.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So if it weren't obvious already, you can (or will need to due to story) swap the squad "leader" between the main heroes. Given this is a Platinum game, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see variations to basic functions based on who is leading the group. See: Pink's jello shield.

Fabrik

Banned
So if it weren't obvious already, you can (or will need to due to story) swap the squad "leader" between the main heroes. Given this is a Platinum game, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see variations to basic functions based on who is leading the group. See: Pink's jello shield.

Yes I'm very happy with the apparent combat depth. I hope we see more in today's Nintendo Direct.

Hypron

I really need to stop clicking on this thread, I feel like I'm going to have seen screenshots of everything that's in the game before I even get my hands on it :(

I really need to stop clicking on this thread, I feel like I'm going to have seen screenshots of everything that's in the game before I even get my hands on it :(

I thought that about Donkey Kong Country Returns, saw every screen and every video and thought I spoiled myself but when I played the actual game, I hadn't seen hardly anything.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I believe the leader is the term used to describe whoever's power you're currently using, as you're controlling that individual character with everyone else being ammo for morphs and climb attacks.

I think it changes the color of the Unite Moprhs but i'm not sure they'll change any functionality. Honestly I think that would be information overload if you not only have to think about all the unique offensive combat options of each ability, but defensive modifiers for shared abilities as well.(can only block certain attacks with certain character's jello)

Stuff like red blocking fire, blue reflecting beams, pink pulling off armor etc is enough.

The jello shield isn't exclusive to pink. It is one of the O-parts (additional morphs) that can be purchased from the in-game store. Early trailers showed a Green jello shield.

Penguin

The jello shield isn't exclusive to pink. It is one of the O-parts (additional morphs) that can be purchased from the in-game store. Early trailers showed a Green jello shield.

I think that's what he meant

Like each person's Jello shield may have different attributes... like her.. seems to give off an electric property?

I think that's what he meant

Like each person's Jello shield may have different attributes... like her.. seems to give off an electric property?

Nope. Watch the video; Red's Pudding has the electric effect as well. It's just one of the visual indicators for a successful parry.

Beats

Was this posted already? From the latest english blog post:

There will be a Nintendo Direct dedicated solely to The Wonderful 101 at 7:00 AM Pacific in Northern America, 4:00 PM CEST in Europe (3PM BST) on August 9th and 12:00 AM AEDT in Australia on August 10th!

This episode will be hosted by a special guest you all know and love, who will show you the latest trailer and tell you how to play the game…

DIRECTLY!

Make sure to watch it all the way through, because there might just be an exciting new announcement at the end!

I wonder what it is? :x

Whoot Friday so The Wonderful 101 Nintedo Direct later today =D, please have a Kamiya cameo, please have a Kamiya cameo, please have a Kamiya cameo. Lol

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It's probably Nintendo costumes again. Literally, it is NIntendo's answer to "helping" sales of any non-Mario ip on Nintendo hardware.

hatchx

Banned
It's probably Nintendo costumes again. Literally, it is NIntendo's answer to "helping" sales of any non-Mario ip on Nintendo hardware.

That'd be pretty lame, especially since they only announced it in Rayman Legends.....yesterday?

It's either W101 presence in Smash Bros., or it's some new gameplay option/mode they are sharing. It could be an indepth look at the multiplayer or show us how it works with miiverse.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what it is? :x

Probably not Bayonetta related. Not a good idea to steal the thunder of the game you're trying to sell and Bayo 2 isn't Kamiya's game so doesn't make sense for him to present it during 101's direct.

BUT WHAT IF IT IS

My guess would be some kind of smash crossover

Top Bottom