• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Japanese Website Opens (New Footage/Artwork/Details)

TDLink

Wonder Red in Smash/Bayonetta: Climax Edition on Eshop double megaton?

It's one of these. I have been calling Wonder Red reveal for this thing ever since they announced the game would be getting its own direct. So that is still my hunch. A "buy W101, get Bayonetta on the eShop free" deal is not out of the question either though imo.

Whoot Friday so The Wonderful 101 Nintedo Direct later today =D, please have a Kamiya cameo, please have a Kamiya cameo, please have a Kamiya cameo. Lol

The blog implies that Kamiya will be hosting the entire direct, not just cameoing.

I hope they play this up and include Kamiya taking it over from Iwata.

Neiteio

Iwata: I will now turn things over to Kamiya-san...

Kamiya: Eat shit.

Iwata: ...and now I will turn it over to that guy from the Treehouse who talks with his hands.

It's one of these. I have been calling Wonder Red reveal for this thing ever since they announced the game would be getting its own direct. So that is still my hunch. A "buy W101, get Bayonetta on the eShop free" deal is not out of the question either though imo.

The blog implies that Kamiya will be hosting the entire direct, not just cameoing.

I hope they play this up and include Kamiya taking it over from Iwata.

How about Kamiya dressed as Iwata???

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS, WONDER-RED IS THE LEADER OF THE WONDERUL 100.

VIEWTIFUL JOE IS THE WONDERFUL 101.

Huge-Explosions.gif

batbeg

you know for being a model your not suppose to look at up close, the girl who looks to be a mechanic has nice clothes textures

There was some argument over it earlier, but I'm pretty sure it's a boy. At least I think that's what my highly rigorous scientific study revealed.

thefro

http://platinumgames.com/2013/08/12/w101-blog-ep-12-the-world-awaits-you/
This post from yesterday showing off some of the locations got lost in the demo hype, it seems.

From the blog today on supplies, this strikes me as a very interesting design choice:

What’s more, any difficulty you chose has infinite continues, and since the game lets you respawn on the spot, you’ll never be put back at the stage’s beginning. If you’ve dealt a certain amount of damage to the boss you’re facing, we don’t take that away. It’ll be just where you left off. If you practice patience, you’re sure to succeed (eventually).

And of course if you can raise your skill to clearing each stage without getting creamed over and over again, that’s just going to make your end result score that much higher.

It'll be interesting if there's an option to change those to more traditional settings on hard difficulty, etc, but this would seem to make the game accessible to anyone to play.

That's a little bit disappointing to hear. I already didn't like how a lot of Platinum games give you checkpoints mid-boss battle, and it sounds like that might be going a little too far.

Riki

That's a little bit disappointing to hear. I already didn't like how a lot of Platinum games give you checkpoints mid-boss battle, and it sounds like that might be going a little too far.

You're still getting penalized for failing. You just don't have to start all the over on a level.

theeraser

What's wrong with this approach? Those who go for no-death runs can still do so, as I'm assuming there'll be a 'restart mission' option, and those of us that hate losing progress because of a death get to keep going at a slight cost.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
You're still getting penalized for failing. You just don't have to start all the over on a level.

Yeah but the ninja gaiden fans don't care about that.

As a bayo fan tho it's whatever. Getting hit at all is what's heartbreaking to me. I don't really care about checkpoint penalties.

popyea

What's wrong with this approach? Those who go for no-death runs can still do so, as I'm assuming there'll be a 'restart mission' option, and those of us that hate losing progress because of a death get to keep going at a slight cost.

Yeah, as long as there is a restart mission option. Otherwise dying and not having the opportunity to start that section from scratch just discourages you from trying new strategies and practicing your skills. I died my first time fighting the last boss in the demo, and I was all prepared to try playing more defensively and maybe using Unite Gun a bit when he's in that rage state. But he ended up only having a hit or two left before he died, so I felt like I missed the chance to redeem myself.

neo2046

Did I saw a counter-like move? (not Wonder Guts, he counter with the Unite Fist)
Some skill looks very interesting.

"Hero Counter"
sounds something like Street Fighter 3's blocking/parrying
move the left stick to the enemies' direction at the right time -> Hero Counter activate

HoJu

wait there's an accessory similar to the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa? and there's one that gives you witch time?
you did good, Kamiya-san.

Regiruler

What's the point of the speed liner if you're using the touch screen? I didn't notice any limitations to how fast it goes while playing the demo.

I think there should be a stronger penalty for death than that. Yeah, like Bayonetta, we'll eventually get to the point where we won't be dying frequently and the challenge will come from getting ranks, but until then I think I'd rather have dying mean something. This is kind of a big deal to me, since it means we won't be getting anything like Viewtiful Joe's boss rush immediately followed by Fire Leo.

If you don't like being punished for failure, then how did you get into this genre to begin with?

If you gon do checkpoints, how about a restart checkpoint so I don't have to back out to the main menu every time Grace and Glory W101 equivalents tap me with some bullshit breaking out of hitstun and fucking up my Platinum runs. Save me some time, anyway.

Hypron

If you gon do checkpoints, how about a restart checkpoint so I don't have to back out to the main menu every time Grace and Glory W101 equivalents tap me with some bullshit breaking out of hitstun and fucking up my Platinum runs. Save me some time, anyway.

MGR:R had an option like that, so hopefully TW101 has one as well.

Top Bottom