• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Hiltz

Unfortunately, 101 won't likely need a bigger seller like GTA 5 to stomp all over it it. I think it won't even get into the top 10 NPD. Wonderful gods, please prove me wrong. There's other titles like Splinter Cell, Saints Row 4 and older titles that appeared on the top 10 from last month that will crush Wonderful 101. :(

Mupod

I cannot get enough of this goddamn demo. I keep finding new things, like summoning extra weapons midair for juggles.

I'm going to run down the usage limit at this rate, which hasn't actually happened before, not even with Monster Hunter. Although that had two demos with higher limits so I guess it doesn't count.

How many times can you go down the slide?

Ask your mom.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gonna have to replay the demo a few more times. Wanna be able to fully grasp the mechanics. Just hope I'll have the money for when this comes out.

So I'll say what I think about the reviews:

They seem about right. This game does not have the appeal of Bayonetta and the controls in the demo were pretty...eccentric. As Kamiya makes more and more games, being the face of each one more prominently, getting bigger teams, more vocal fanbases, people are going to expect that these games aren't just for fans of his games, they're good for everyone.

And it seems the opposite is happening. He is making games for dwindling amount of people each time that will like his next project, the next thing he personally finds cool.

Will be interesting to see what he does next. Fans won't abandon him, but I hope he doesn't abandon his specific style in the face of bad reviews. Hard to tell how this game will actually be until I play it, but he hasn't let me down yet.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
best looking game on the wii u in my opinion. i really love the style of the game, i hope sooomething like this comes along for the ps4.

great job!

should put a little disclaimer:

*You are NOT going to be able to pick up this game right away. There is a learning curve you will need to climb before all the wonderfully chaotic creative gameplay (being introduced to you for the first time) starts to click!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
US release is so far away ;(

Yeah.

First PG release I won't be playing at it's debut.

Really bummed that by the time we get it, everything will be figured out. From unlocks to P.P runs probably...

Not gonna be happy if Nintendo delays Bayo 2 for the US. That game I have to get my hands on the same day as everyone else.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Perfect OT. Demo was very different than what I expected in the very good way. Week one purchase.

Tripon

NOA for whatever reason hates July. So, the schedule for games gets pushed back(especially this year) a month, and so that's why America gets Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, etc. about a month later. It isn't until Wind Waker that the schedule more or less gets back on track with Europe and Japan.

wonderfulcompleteecbk3.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It definitely sucks to see that the game will be released around here this week yet, as a result of region coding, I have to wait until the 15th for an import. :\

Salih

Ace! In this thread only those who are willing to master the complexity and chaotic insanity of this game will unite up! Everyone else should keep their mouths shut and learn from the soon-to-be-masters.

Unite-GAF will (hopefully) show how it's done! :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hope every store puts giant cardboard cutouts of the cover art next to entrances so everyone is aware of this game. The more shelf space it gets, the better (and it better since NoA wants to space out the releases, allocate an entire row to it)

Erethian

great job!

*You are NOT going to be able to pick up this game right away. There is a learning curve you will need to climb before all the wonderfully chaotic creative gameplay (being introduced to you for the first time) starts to click!

This was one of the most appealing aspects of the demo, actually. It's the kind of game where you can learn a whole lot from watching other people and discussing tactics and whatnot. Plus I really enjoy a game where you get that sense of achievement from mastering the controls and mechanics.

Mupod

great job!

if I can 'get' the game in two runs of the demo then it can't be that bad.

although, as I've said, I'm still learning new things about it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is unreadable.

Yeah.

I appreciate what it's trying to do and the work people put into it.

but it comes off as really messy and disorganized. Hard to pull any information out from it. You read through it once maybe and then it's useless.

Should at least have more clear section headings or something. So people can at least "ctrl+f" for the stuff they want to know.

Just cancelled my preorder.

...because here I have to use Amazon from neighbouring countries, so the delivery would take until monday, but I need this beast day1 (and I would only save 2€ getting it online). Stores probably have it on thursday already.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
My body is ready from playing the demo, can't wait to hit the wonderful ground running on friday!

cafemomo

I just played the demo at a friend's house earlier and I was blown away.
I don't plan to own a Wii U til next year at the most but I'm seriously considering pre ordering this game to show my support

Top Bottom