• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Varjet

Is it just me or is Wonder-Future's DPS really good? I may be imagining things but I think he does more damage than poseman.

I can't test it out right now, but I think Wonder-Future throws an additional fireball when he attacks, so he should be doing more damage than any other character with a 10 man Unite Hand.

What are you guys' strategies for dealing with the Doora family of enemies (the fast guys)? I'm doing my first 101% hard playthrough right now, and they stall me every time I fight them; I don't feel like I get them at all. My main strategy is to get hero time off one of their attacks (seems to work much better than bombs), then use team attacks until I can stun them, and then juggle them with unite hand, but that really feels like a sloppy and slow strategy to me, and I'm sure there must be something better.

Varjet

What are you guys' strategies for dealing with the Doora family of enemies (the fast guys)? I'm doing my first 101% hard playthrough right now, and they stall me every time I fight them; I don't feel like I get them at all. My main strategy is to get hero time off one of their attacks (seems to work much better than bombs), then use team attacks until I can stun them, and then juggle them with unite hand, but that really feels like a sloppy and slow strategy to me, and I'm sure there must be something better.

Bomb -> Formation Charge -> Juggle

Aside from the aforementioned Formation Charge method, Doora's are extremely vulnerable to Attack Liner while in the Bomb's area of effect.

Throw a bomb and then just draw on top of them and as the line extends, your guys running over the Doora will do tons of damage. It won't help your combo score that much so use this method to kill all but one of them and then use Formation Charge into juggling on it to build your score.

I bought this game and played it today. I already beat God Hand, Vanquish, Bayonetta 1+2 and Metal Gear Rising, but I was expecting some king of "Platinum meets Pikmin" game.

668.gif

What I got was pure awesomeness. Just beat
Laambo
and that was epic shit.

Is there some kind of guide here to learn how to properly play it ? I feel like there are a lot of things I might not do correctly.

just started playing this game.

question, i am using gamepad only(no tv at my dorm). can you not "draw on the gamepad"? or u can only use the right stick?

lol

Spikain

Oh man, I just watched Matthewmatosis' TW101 review. I've played through the whole game but never noticed this, so now I laughed hysterically:

V1Mvbt2.gif

ramparter

Banned
So last night after many monthis I tried to continue, had a hard time at places, especially at the part I was on the top of a giant robot's hand while his other hand was shooting at me. Lost a couple times there. Still the game is really likable, it's just so annoying when you are like "wtf am I expected to do here".

After watching some videos I saw a lot of things I didn't even know and some others that the game introduced me but weren't very clear... I'll give it a chance mostly because I really like the concept and the aesthetics. :)

BusterJol

Bump. Need help.

i'm chasing after Laambo (or whatever his name is) to get the statue on top of the two-headed dragon and whenever I get to the part I need to Unite Morph into 1 of the dragons eyeballs it just doesn't work.

I've made sure that everyone is in and pressed every button whilst everyone is inside but nothing. Game glitched? Or am I doing something wrong?

Bump. Need help.

i'm chasing after Laambo (or whatever his name is) to get the statue on top of the two-headed dragon and whenever I get to the part I need to Unite Morph into 1 of the dragons eyeballs it just doesn't work.

I've made sure that everyone is in and pressed every button whilst everyone is inside but nothing. Game glitched? Or am I doing something wrong?

Common sticking point, especially before you get some extra characters who go above the 100 limit to give some leeway. With just 100, stick as close to the eyeball as you can and keep mashing/tapping the analog towards it to get the last guy you're controlling (you) to join. After a few taps it should work.

Frankly, they should patch it already so that it only requires 99 guys or whatever.

Jintor

i'd never seen that trailer before. It's really expertly wonderfully cut. Seems to reveal a lot (and does) but all in the name of hype and doesn't spoil the really cool bits.

Top Bottom