• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 |OT| Diplomacy has failed

Squishy3

Which character is prevented from unlocking if that figure is missed? (Spoiler tag please for people who don't wish to know)
Spoiler for which character it unlocks:
Collecting all the figures unlocks Wonder Director, you don't unlock any characters just for collecting specific figures.

Teknoman

The battle against Orowchee, a few questions:

When Blue's face cuts in when one of the heads gets ready to attack, can you counter it, or is it a Red QTE no matter what
? Also i'm guessing Unite Build needs 100 people, but sometimes it seems like it isnt registering correctly?

Squishy3

When Blue's face cuts in when one of the heads gets ready to attack, can you counter it, or is it a Red QTE no matter what
? Also i'm guessing Unite Build needs 100 people, but sometimes it seems like it isnt registering correctly?
For that fight:
Draw a Unite Sword and just keep it at the ready. It's used to keep Ohrowchee's mouth from closing. For the Unite Build, make sure you're right up against the eye when doing it. That's what I had to do.

Fandangox

When a character's mgushot appears on the left and they make a sound you activate their unite morph and stand there, it should prompt a scene.

The eye needs 100 people, but the unite build is a bit screwy sometimes.

Also again can someone post a picture of where do you get figure 24 exactly?

TDLink

Spoiler for which character it unlocks:
Collecting all the figures unlocks Wonder Director, you don't unlock any characters just for collecting specific figures.

Ah. Thanks. That's a shame since I really wanted that one in particular. Hopefully it gets patched quickly.

Whenever one of your guys cuts in like that just draw their weapon and have it at the ready (don't be attacking with it), you will do a special counter/QTE that typically leads to good damage or an opportunity to cause it.

Scum

That's Blue cue to Unite Sword.
With the Unite Build, try flicking into the direction of the build area. Like 'push forward' and when it doesn't complete, flick forward some more. That always works for me.

Teknoman

For that fight:
Draw a Unite Sword and just keep it at the ready. It's used to keep Ohrowchee's mouth from closing. For the Unite Build, make sure you're right up against the eye when doing it. That's what I had to do.

When a character's mgushot appears on the left and they make a sound you activate their unite morph and stand there, it should prompt a scene.

The eye needs 100 people, but the unite build is a bit screwy sometimes.

Also again can someone post a picture of where do you get figure 24 exactly?

Got it, thanks. Beat em, but trying to go back for a better rank. Got a bronze...know I can do better.

Regiruler

Does anyone know how to reset the camera in bottom-screen portions? Sometimes if I set the pad down or I'm changing my seating position the camera gets stuck in a constant upwards angle.

Fandangox

I got the figure. I don't know if I was affected cause I never completed the level. It autosaved past that point, but I reset the Wii U without ever finishing that operation.

TDLink

Does anyone know how to reset the camera in bottom-screen portions? Sometimes if I set the pad down or I'm changing my seating position the camera gets stuck in a constant upwards angle.

L centers it behind you. R lets you use the analog to control it rather than the gyro.

Courage

Picked up my preorder today after being busy with GTA for a few days. Should I play on Normal if I'm an average-skilled hack and slash player?

Teknoman

I wish there was a way to disable quick help and the leader change via touchscreen. Sometimes I get too into the game, and end up activating either by accident.

EDIT: Man I love stylish finishers! Was one of my favorite parts about Bayonetta.

Anbec7

This game is awesomeeee :) but it bugs me that I can be better I guess that´s because I have almost nothing bought to help me.

Any tips for abilities? No spoilers please:)

Squishy3

I wish there was a way to disable quick help and the leader change via touchscreen. Sometimes I get too into the game, and end up activating either by accident.

EDIT: Man I love stylish finishers! Was one of my favorite parts about Bayonetta.
It only gets better and better from there on out.

Beat this game today, all I have to say is... holy shit.

Every time I thought it was done, they threw more my way. This is probably my favorite game of the year now.

Teknoman

Man im gonna have Platinum syndrome* after this...I just know it.

*Affliction gained after completing an incredibly stylish action game, that only Platinum could make, effectively rendering all other action games boring by comparison. Symptom length may vary.

JoeFenix

This game is really glitchy, i'm beyond frustrated right now.

Just Pure Platinum'd 1-B after having to restart it because mission 7 wouldn't show up for no reason. So I did up to mission 7 and went back to the Kahkoo-Regah and got PP on that.

When I went back out mission 6 started but only the missiles were coming down, no enemies spawned so I just proceeded with the rest of the operation. This is what I was rewarded with for all my troubles.

zlCfzRITNiQAqwRSlq

Apparently getting Pure Platinum on all missions awards with you with a Consolation prize. This is infuriating. I understand that they were putting stuff in up to the last minute and I appreciate all the hard work that went into this but as a player this kind of stuff is the WORST. Not to mention glitches that ruin your chances of ever having a complete save file.... what a mess =(

Shaanyboi

Banned
Picked up my preorder today after being busy with GTA for a few days. Should I play on Normal if I'm an average-skilled hack and slash player?

Depends... if you're the kind of person that enjoys Ninja Gaiden or DMC1's difficulty, Normal should be alright for you. But if not, just drop the difficulty to Easy and work your way up once you get more familiar with the mechanics.

Fuck that, play on Normal

Teknoman

Just Pure Platinum'd 1-B after having to restart it because mission 7 wouldn't show up for no reason. So I did up to mission 7 and went back to the Kahkoo-Regah and got PP on that.

When I went back out mission 6 started but only the missiles were coming down, no enemies spawned so I just proceeded with the rest of the operation. This is what I was rewarded with for all my troubles.

zlCfzRITNiQAqwRSlq

Apparently getting Pure Platinum on all missions awards with you with a Consolation prize. This is infuriating. I understand that they were putting stuff in up to the last minute and I appreciate all the hard work that went into this but as a player this kind of stuff is the WORST. Not to mention glitches that ruin your chances of ever having a complete save file.... what a mess =(

Thats just...strange.

TDLink

Just finished Operation 009-B...absolutely awesome. I had a feeling some of the stuff that happened was going to happen, but it was still amazing. Saving the next part for another day (as has been recommended earlier in this thread)...it's going to be fun though.

I'm up to 85 wonderful ones right now so I am definitely missing a bunch. I am totally going to go back through and try finding all the stuff I missed. Can't wait to see what the post-game secret characters are either.

JoeFu

Banned

zlCfzRITNiQAqwRSlq

Dang that sucks. PM JP or tweet Kamiya or something. Hopefully they can patch it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
just went and did it

the first time it threw the wonder figure way into the air and presumably out of the level for some reason. So I reloaded the checkpoint and it was fine

I think people are over reacting

ALot of people in that very thread are saying they are not having that problem

Can't try it myself until tomorrow night.

God I can't wait until this week is over so I can just tear into this game over the weekend. Fuck physics

Roto13

Just finished this tonight.
The 100 mashing buttons in the Platinum Robo while I was mashing away at the A button for the QTE was frigging hilarious.

JoeFu

Banned
Just finished this tonight.
The 100 mashing buttons in the Platinum Robo while I was mashing away at the A button for the QTE was frigging hilarious.

The text for the QTE was amazing as well. I laughed so hard I stopped mashing for a second.

Regiruler

zlCfzRITNiQAqwRSlq

I read that as the prologue and thought for a second that it was a joke of sorts.

One of my favorite ways to destroy nearly any enemy has been:

Keep my distance and keep using the unite gun stinger until they are stunned. From there I proceed to close the gap with unite spiked ball, rolling over and around them a few times, and then finishing off with a big stop or two with unite grave. Rinse and repeat until they are obliterated. So many ways to kill! :)

Riposte

I wasn't expecting this game not to follow the rules Bayonetta did (off-screen attacks, etc). Took me for a surprise. On the other hand, I'm not surprised this made game journos go all babby and stuff. Not all that good at this game so far, though I'm clearing levels and such (death is unsurprisingly lenient, heh). It is odd there are so many unskippable cutscenes though, especially the lengthy narrations. Something I discovered while retrying a boss fight.

If I had to learn one control scheme, which should it be?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't expecting this game not to follow the rules Bayonetta did (off-screen attacks, etc). Took me for a surprise. On the other hand, I'm not surprised this made game journos go all babby and stuff. Not all that good at this game so far, though I'm clearing levels and such (death is unsurprisingly lenient, heh). It is odd there are so many unskippable cutscenes though, especially the lengthy narrations. Something I discovered while retrying a boss fight.

If I had to learn one control scheme, which should it be?

I like B

Dash being on top and unite morph and multi morph confirm buttons being on opposite sides of it makes the most sense to me and my brain.

and I always choose control scheme B because B is for Bayonetta :x(Did this when I replayed Joe too since it made the punch and kick buttons the same buttons they were in Bayo.)

In the first level, there's a tall building that they teach you to use the liner to make a ladder to get to the top of, then you hit the crane to put out the fire below. Behind the building you can see some "help!" stuff but I can never make it to those guys, either in this section or the next. I tried using the glider but there seems to be an invisible wall blocking me from getting there.

you guys know what I'm talking about?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized my first name also starts with a B

but I still associate the letter with Bayonetta

before my own name.

MY QUEEN

Kyou

In the first level, there's a tall building that they teach you to use the liner to make a ladder to get to the top of, then you hit the crane to put out the fire below. Behind the building you can see some "help!" stuff but I can never make it to those guys, either in this section or the next. I tried using the glider but there seems to be an invisible wall blocking me from getting there.

you guys know what I'm talking about?

after the section with the football helmet if you go the other way down the street than you're supposed to you'll find a broken bridge, run at it and double jump and you'll get across to the other side where that building is

after the section with the football helmet if you go the other way down the street than you're supposed to you'll find a broken bridge, run at it and double jump and you'll get across to the other side where that building is

awesssooommmmee thanks! :D

Proven

Anybody know how to defend against the midbosses drill attack in Blossom City outskirts? I can't seem to do anything but eat the hit.
You mean the megazord looking guy? That drill attack is the one thing you can't do anything against, so you have to either time a double jump over it, or time a Unite Spring Dodge through it.

Gamebreaking Glitch - Permanently missable Wondeful Figure and secret character!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/673081-the-wonderful-101/67241151

i can confirm this :/
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I just finished the game yesterday too. Sigh. I suppose worst case I can do my Pure Platinum runthrough on a new file if I just rush through to grab Yellow, White, and Black quickly, but first...

just went and did it

the first time it threw the wonder figure way into the air and presumably out of the level for some reason. So I reloaded the checkpoint and it was fine

I think people are over reacting
I was actually thinking of trying this. Since the problem can happen even on a fresh save file, there may be more to the solution.

Could someone post an image of where Figure 24 is supposed to be?

Ah, I got good at noticing when there were little markers for off screen Unite Chain opportunities, but I somehow missed that one. Guess I was too fixated at finding the secret mission.

I like B

Dash being on top and unite morph and multi morph confirm buttons being on opposite sides of it makes the most sense to me and my brain.

and I always choose control scheme B because B is for Bayonetta :x(Did this when I replayed Joe too since it made the punch and kick buttons the same buttons they were in Bayo.)
Weird. Because Bayonetta has the left most face button as the shoot button that I almost never use, control scheme A feels closest to Bayo to me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Weird. Because Bayonetta has the left most face button as the shoot button that I almost never use, control scheme A feels closest to Bayo to me.

I dont disagree im only talking about the letters

I just like my dash ontop since that button and unite morph are my most used buttons

JoeFenix

zlCfzRITsYsgyBtWA0

Third times the charm, got the Pure Platinum on 1-B.

This game is very very strict with some of the requirements for this stuff. The Kahkoo-Regah on 1-B is annoying as hell. Little trick that I discovered, if you dash before picking up a geathjerk weapon you can dash jump while holding it. Makes you alot more mobile and is essential during that secret mission.

Top Bottom