• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful World of Switch Joy Con Mods

wwm0nkey

Okay so the external screws....seem pretty bad. Anyone know the size or where I can order and equivalent for them? Stripped 2 and boy getting those out was NOT fun lol

CamKeys

Neo Member
Some new matte black joycons I got from ColorWare

lCmFtuO.jpg

KQyAZy9.jpg

robjn3

Nintendo should open up a production plant where you can create your own joy-cons similar to what xbox do with their controllers. They would make a killing...

When the site was dark this was the first thread that came to mind that i was going to miss....looking into those matte Joy Cons now lol

Avalon304

Im not normally one to bump a thread after this much time has passed but I just got a switch and want to look into modding it to have a D-pad rather than the 4 split buttons.

My issue is... the shell replacements Ive seen dont come in a solid black.

If I were to buy a pair of the Basstop ones how hard would it be to pain them black and have a finish that wasnt going to get scratched off or anything.

Should I buy a pair of the matte clear ones and paint the inside of the shells? Or would it be better to paint the exterior in general?

Top Bottom