• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The world's most powerful console"

oti

Banned
There’s no greater power than X. ✖️

Kill me.
DF1VLv0XUAADdsL.jpg

BigDug13

I think the resolution change to TV's has limited the impact of a more powerful console. These new machines won't do much for 1080p owners beyond the systems that are already available. If 4K TV's didn't exist, then the new Xbox would have really compelling 1080p graphical improvements instead of targeting a small subset of 4K TV owners.

Dremorak

Banned
They are proving the point that a powerful console does not make a good console to buy, so every time I hear it it makes me laugh

Trance

"Wii would like to play" is fucking awful.

"Wii would like to play" is excellent, good, and strong and I won't hear otherwise. Sometimes I catch my brain thinking "Swii would like to play" because I secretly wish it was called the Swiitch. Then I cringe and remember that I'm probably wrong about everything.

Real talk: always loved "Live in your world, play in ours".

Opa-Pa

The "blast processing" and "now you're playing with power" nonsense sort of worked on me back in the day. They were pretty much the same as the XBOX's except in those cases it was actually backed up by a large library of exclusives lmao.

The whole 360 campaign.

I don't think I ever saw an console where the design of the console, the interface, the packaging was so in line with the marketing message.

And Jump In was just an fantastic marketing campaign.

Nintendo Revolution was the best and most edgiest code name for the Wii. Should have kept that name. Its successor could have been the Revolution U

ViciousDS

Banned
198421-ps3-3d-update_original.jpg

Really liked this one, hit hard when it was the only bluray console on the market.

Along with the $299 price drop, this was when PS3 recovered was this slogan and the Kevin butler ads

FStubbs

Actually...

If we define most powerful console as "the console with the greatest relative power advantage compared to its contemporary consoles", wouldn't the 3DO or Neo Geo be the most powerful console?

Xbox One X isn't 2 generations ahead of the PS4 Pro.

Brizzo24

I would be 100% back on board with Microsoft if only they had a better exclusive lineup than what's being projected right now. I don't care about Forza one bit. Give me something more than the delayed and uninspiring Crackdown 3. Why should I spend $500 on something that will not be able to utilize its true power?

But as it stands I'm hyped for Mario Odyssey, God of War, and (not exclusive, I know) Red Dead Redemption 2.

Lucian

U R Not E

<image snipped>

This was a TV and magazine advertisement from Sony that spelled out "U R NOT E ," and the E would be red.

I remember being 10 or 11 and this ad not making any sense to me in print, and then when I got it, I was like "ohhh..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiQo-_bMHcc

I don't remember the jazzy music.

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking of it, too. I was 18 at the time, and it made no sense to me either.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I find it pretty cringey but same with Greatness awaits lol but w.e.

Xbox 360 was "Jump In" that was pretty cool

Flintty

'4 the players' wasn't cheesy at all...

You can't argue with 'Most powerful...' really because it's kinda true?

Synth

Actually...

If we define most powerful console as "the console with the greatest relative power advantage compared to its contemporary consoles", wouldn't the 3DO or Neo Geo be the most powerful console?

Xbox One X isn't 2 generations ahead of the PS4 Pro.

Why in God's name would we define most powerful console as relative to shit from the past?

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
FStubbs said:
Og. XBox, or PSP if counting handhelds.

watdaeff4

Least Favorite: "Most Powerful Console" is too vanilla and been used too often.

Like:
For the Players - it was perfect given the climate
Sega does what Nintendon't
Now you're playing with power

Side notes as I think Sony does good shit marketing -
I loved their "how to share games on your PS4" tutorial video and will never forget "well played Mauer"

Was this real consumer marketing or just "employee motivational team building rah-rah BS" that corporations do because it "inspires" their employees?

Where I work we have one of these types of quotes posted meant to do that that changes weekly to keep us "inspired"

It was at MS E3 booth.

I don't think those are inspirational quotes.

Top Bottom