• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The worst game music of the generation.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the worst thing to me is not the terrible music like Sonic but the generic, 'epic' music. So many game soundtracks opting for that God of War-like sound just came away with the least memorable music I can recall despite hiring incredibly talented orchestras and artists.
Going to get a lot of shit for this but I thought the Anarchy Reigns soundtrack was hot trash.

Yep, that one was full of some butt rock and rap rock that would make Korn embarrassed.

Oceanwind

Neo Member
I agree with everyone who has said Sonic Chronicles. That Central City music makes my ears bleed.The sounds the characters made when they got hit were also terrible.

BowieZ

Banned
Pokemon-X-Pokemon-Y-Get-Cover-Art-Screenshots-Artwork-2.jpg

Easily the most bland, uninspired soundtrack this generation.
Wow. Totally disagree. I was impressed by the variety of compositions for the different towns. And loved the battle themes.

Zabant

This sure makes the abomination in the OP seem harmless.

For me it's all about how hard they tried, yeah resetti's theme is just, terrible. But you can tell the devs knew and didn't care.

Shit like Leona Lewis' My Hands though...

You know whoever made that the main theme of FFXIII thought it was deep and so emotional, it was in all the adverts..

Just stick with fucking nobuo you utter shits, THIS is what a final fantasy main theme should sound like.

For me it's all about how hard they tried, yeah resetti's theme is just, terrible. But you can tell the devs knew and didn't care.

Shit like Leona Lewis' My Hands though...

You know whoever made that the main theme of FFXIII thought it was deep and so emotional, it was in all the adverts..

Just stick with fucking nobuo you utter shits, THIS is what a final fantasy main theme should sound like.

I'm mostly salty that they replaced a Maaya Sakamoto song to put in that trash from Leona Lewis.

Edit: Never mind, Kimi ga Iru Kara wasn't Maaya Sakamoto.

massoluk

Banned
I have been thinking about this recently and for me, it would be the Resistance Hideout theme in Enchanted Arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeAsfQ2ilQ

Having to spend 40ish minutes with this on loop... Oh man.

What are your picks?

Oh wow, you're not exaggerating. Such a weird piece, like incoherent pieces duct taped together.

Doesn't sound so bad to me, just a lot of "Hey I've heard this before." Very generic.

co1onel

For me it's all about how hard they tried, yeah resetti's theme is just, terrible. But you can tell the devs knew and didn't care.[/URL]

Its not that they didn't care, its that they were intentionally going for a song that would aggravate the player.

trixx

Pokemon-X-Pokemon-Y-Get-Cover-Art-Screenshots-Artwork-2.jpg

Easily the most bland, uninspired soundtrack this generation. Totally contrasts Gen 5.

EDIT: Yeah, Sonic Chronicles had some really bad music. I probably misread the OP when he said "generation" as well and assumed "this generation". My bad if this is the case.

Only good track on this one was the snow place. Where the 7th or 8th gym was. Other than that forgettable, not terrible though.

edit: Snowbelle City

Zhao_Yun

Probably not the worst of last gen but the biggest OST disappointment of last gen was the one of The Last Story for me. I had very high expectations since it was a Uematsu OST for Mist Walker but the finished product didn't sound like a Uematsu work at all (except of the great Main Theme). I really hated the fact that he was forced to change his strong melody-focused style to a more cinematic one. His biggest strength was taken away and what remained was a boring and forgettable OST imo.

Tales of Graces had a boring OST as well but my expectations weren't that high from the beginning.

Top Bottom