• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox 360 Memory Upgrade Program - definetly come here

You do not have to sign onto Live and have a storage device connected to it with less than 128mb of free space for the site to give you the offer. From what I can tell, if you have a Core you definitely should be able to get the storage upgrade.

I have a spare Core that I would swap around with me and my friends when our 360s red ringed. It has had multiple hard drives plugged into it over the past year. This thing has been sitting under my desk in a box for over six months.

I entered the console serial number and console id and I was able to get the free 512mb card with no issues.

rjcc

problem - it wants a sn and a console id

but my 360 has a "product id" that's a 7 digit number and the sn again.

neither works as the console id.

ah, I actually read the site, gotta look at the dash

rjcc said:

Go the the "System" blade on the X360 and scroll down to system info, everything you need is right there.

rjcc said:

Edit: Beaten

This site is getting hammered. I guess they sold more CORE packs than everyone thought...

Accident

rjcc said:

How do I locate my Console Serial Number and Console ID

1. Turn on your Xbox 360 Console
2. Scroll right to the System area. This may also be System Settings depending on your version of the dash
3. Select Console Settings
4. Select System Info
5. Write down your Console Serial Number and Console ID

vg260

Ok, this pisses me off.

A 512MB memory card is useful for any xbox owner, HD or not. I paid more for my console, and $50 for a memory card so I can back up my saves, but people who spent a lot less get one of these for free. That doesn't seem right.

goldenpp72

its a matter of peoples consoles not being able to run correctly so while maybe unfair to people like us it needed to be done.

vg260

goldenpp72 said:
its a matter of peoples consoles not being able to run correctly so while maybe unfair to people like us it needed to be done.

Requiring them to pay for the memory card would be fair.

a.wd said:
No but people like free/cheap stuff, at all times...
Yeah, I guarantee 90% of the requests they're getting right now are the hardcore trying to get free things.

2&2 said:
You didn't get free stuff... so everyone else shouldn't get free stuff either? Nice. I like your world view. :lol

krae_man

I'm on the phone with Microsoft support and they told me the Hard drive deal is available in every country the 360 is officialy supported and hard drive prices may vary based on the country. The Free memory card option is US only.

Problem is the country field on the form is locked to US and cant be changed. I'm on hold right now while they figure this out.

Edit: Update, I was told to call back in 24 hours. Anyone not living in the US wait I guess. I asked if their was a limited number of Hard drives available and I was told 'I dont believe so, its a limited time offer but I do not believe their is a limited supply of hard drives.'

So uh yeah.

icecream

Public Health Threat
2&2 said:
You have a hard drive. While you're whining about saves for backups, these are technically going to people who can either make limited saves, or can't even save in the first place.

Whine moar.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
krae_man said:
I'm on the phone with Microsoft support and they told me the Hard drive deal is available in every country the 360 is officialy supported and hard drive prices may vary based on the country. The Free memory card option is US only.

Problem is the country field on the form is locked to US and cant be changed. I'm on hold right now while they figure this out.
Huh? http://www.xboxstorageupgrade.com/ It's on the top right.

Jonnyram

The people in this thread who actually have space but are trying to work out how to get freebies anyway are total douchebags. Carry on.

Chrange

Banned
FirstInHell said:
Edit: Beaten

This site is getting hammered. I guess they sold more CORE packs than everyone thought...

You say that while in a thread in which everyone with a Pro/Premium/Elite is also trying to get free shit.

vg260

Psychotext said:
You didn't get free stuff... so everyone else shouldn't get free stuff either? Nice. I like your world view. :lol

No apologies here. I'm not complaining about redundant free stuff, like and extra HD. A memory card is not a redundant item, and can be used by anyone for secondary backup storage. If they didn't buy a HD for primary storage, it's their fault.

seat

2&2 said:
Ok, this pisses me off.

A 512MB memory card is useful for any xbox owner, HD or not. I paid more for my console, and $50 for a memory card so I can back up my saves, but people who spent a lot less get one of these for free. That doesn't seem right.
I agree even though I know most here won't. Some of us spent the extra dough for the storage space, particularly if we bought the pricey elite models, so why should only core owners get this for free? Why not just bite the bullet and offer the memory cards to all 360 owners?

Mindlog

I look like a total fucking genius having purchased my nephews an Arcade. I got a great deal on the bundle back then and now I've got one of their stocking stuffers :D

Checked their serial numbers (kept for warranty purposes) and blammo. They qualify! :D :D

Chrange said:
You say that while in a thread in which everyone with a Pro/Premium/Elite is also trying to get free shit.

I just realized that after I posted. I am sure most of the submissions are for ineligible consoles. As if Microsoft somehow overlooked this fact.

vg260

I only have dial-up and therefore can't take advantage of everything the NXE has to offer.

Microsoft should start a program where they give me three free months of broadband.

2&2 said:
I only have dial-up and therefore can't take advantage of everything the NXE has to offer.

Microsoft should start a program where they give me three free months of broadband.
That's wrong for all sorts of reasons. Keep trying though.

Dunlop

How did this turn into a MS fucked me over thread? They are giving a sotrage solution away free for people who would be affected and offereing a sweet update deal for others?

Does it work? have people tried it?

There is 3 pages of posts from people who tried it...

Draft

Wow, MS comes through in the clutch. Who can hate on this? What a bitter person you must be to get mad at this gesture.

I agree I think it's checking against your purchases and HDD connect history or something.
I have an Arcade unit with a 120GB on it and it doesn't give me any option it just says I am okay on memory.

It's cool they are giving the free 512 and $20 20gb out though to those who need them. I'll make sure I pass along to any new arcade owners.

MS should probably at the very least start putting the 512mb cards in arcade boxs now since the 256 it comes with is now less than 128.

The next time you turn on your Xbox 360 console and connect to Xbox LIVE you will receive the update. Have fun!

What? They should probably change that.

El-Suave

Whipped Spartan said:
It's cool they are giving the free 512 and $20 20gb out though to those who need them. I'll make sure I pass along to any new arcade owners.

The Arcade console has a Memory Card that's big enough isn't it? So I guess it's really just old Core users that can benefit from this program.

So what if it checks against some purchase history or if you had a hdd connected before. That may not have been your own or you could have sold it by now. The way I see it all Core buyers should be eligible for this.

I read this and instantly thought that people with premium systems were getting screwed over again by Microsoft so I did the math:

(20 GB) 29.99 x 1.13 (Canuck Tax) = 33.89 or 1.69 per GB

(120 GB) 159.99 x 1.13 (Remember...we're nearly communists :) = 180.79 or 1.51 per GB

So the math is telling me that I shouldn't complain about this offer because if I were to buy a 120 GB hard drive, I'm getting a better deal.

Why do I still feel like I've been anally penetrated by Microsoft?

bigswords

Stumpokapow said:
In addition, if your drive does die, a non-trivial portion (although not all) of your progress in games is saved/synched with XBL.

Tell that to my RB6V2 character save....stupid UBISOFT.

GavinGT

Banned
I bought an Arcade unit yesterday, filled up my memory unit today, and went to the site. It gave me only the one option - 20GB HDD and 3 months Live for $30. I'm guessing this is how it works -

Arcade unit

-$30 package

Core unit

-free memory card OR
-$20 HDD

Guled

GavinGT said:
I bought an Arcade unit yesterday, filled up my memory unit today, and went to the site. It gave me only the one option - 20GB HDD and 3 months Live for $30. I'm guessing this is how it works -

Arcade unit

-$30 package

Core unit

-free memory card OR
-$20 HDD
I have an arcade and I got the 20$ option

Firestorm

Reilly said:
I can't find it anywhere on xbox.com Other than that URL, I can't find it anywhere.
It's confirmed to be a scam. Do not buy. They'll come to your house and steal your 360 once they find out you have one.

MarkusRJR

Hmmmm...

How long do you think they'll have this program up for. It says "limited time" but doesn't tell me when it's going to end. I'm hopefully getting an Xbox 360 Arcade this winter (once they have Jaspers on store shelves) so I'm hoping it'll still be running by January. If not, I may have to get a Falcon and hope for the best. D:

Dunlop

Accident said:
Just finished placing my order with no problem, $218 total for a 360 Arcade+ 20GB + Madden 09 :D

$229 (Canuck dollars) for 360 Arcade + 20GB +3 Months of LIVE + Viva Piniata 2 + Gears of War 2 ($70 credit used to preorder) :D

Course I noticed my confirmation e-mail for the HDD is only at the processed stage, let's see if they get overwhelmed and not be able to meet the demand...

takotchi

2&2 said:

Actually, I thought I read somewhere they would be distributing the NXE on DVD for this reason. Currently, I live way out in the middle of nowhere and have to rely on Verizon's EVDO service, which has a strict 5GB/month bandwidth limit. I'm not sure how big the NXE update is, but I could use a hard copy of the update myself.

anarchron

Neo Member
I have Pro console that shares a single HDD with my second 360 which is a core and it says that I have sufficient memory and won't give me an option for a new HDD.

Do you reckon I should call up Xbox Customer Support and let them know that this is the case?

Wonder how many total HDD units will be available for sale? To me, it'd be in M$' best interests to get as many Core/Arcade owners decked out ASAP.

I cant believe some of you are throwing a fit because Microsoft is stepping up and making sure people without sufficient storage can enjoy the new dashboard update.

Microsoft should be getting kudos for providing a remedy to the problem, not get blasted. If Microsoft is releasing an update that requires storage for their console that they sold without storage it's only right they do something. Be thankful you have room to save your games and download from the marketplace in the first place.

Top Bottom