• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zelda TP spoiler thread: ALL SPOILERS IN HERE OR ELSE (late game spoilers itt)

Fireblend

Banned
:O I go to sleep for a few hours and the guy's been playing nonstop? :lol I love the spoilers. Knowing I'll get the Wii on January, better spoil myself than giving someone else the pleasure to do so ^^
So, this game has a lot of references to other Zelda's huh? Wasn't there an item in WW really similar to the last one he revealed? And for some reason I can't access that page D:

BTW, Non-spoiler thread to Smiles and Cries:

300gtfo3iyJ7.gif

DefectiveReject said:
WHY DID YOU TELL ME THIS
I had to check it out, and now I’m happy but unhappy.
I don’t wanna look anymore STOP it

Do I look like I'm posting in the Non Spoiler thread to you? Did I tell you to look?

STOP LOOKING! ;p

Smiles and Cries said:
Do I look like I'm posting in the Non Spoiler thread to you? Did I tell you to look?

STOP LOOKING! ;p
I don’t care you shouldn’t tell me these things.
This game is ruined now for me…..Link am gay, and I can’t deal with that issue……
;-) :lol :lol :lol

DefectiveReject said:
I don’t care you shouldn’t tell me these things.
This game is ruined now for me…..Link am gay, and I can’t deal with that issue……
;-) :lol :lol :lol

I'm going to sleep since you love that blog you send FireBlend a copy paste

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Adagio said:
Is there a reason we can't post the link to the spoiler blog in this thread?

well, everybody seems scared shitless of the fury nintendo might exercise on this dude. I don't understand why he doesn't get proper screen grabs though, give us some cut-scenes or sumthun!

Brobzoid

so, can we discuss the content of the blog which must not be named, or is it balls out in the spoiler thread?

Brobzoid said:
so, can we discuss the content of the blog which must not be named, or is it balls out in the spoiler thread?

Spoiler tag your key points... see the page before this and beware of Sp0rsk

FireBlend you got your PM yet?

Hey smiles(or anyone else), send me the link to his blog. I lost the page in my cache.

Also you know what would be fun?
Let's instantly switch this and the non spoiler thread. Get out of this spoiler tag sp0rks!

You people make me feel like some kind of Key Master... then who the hell is the Gate Keeper? :\

I'm not gonna read anymore of that Blog... hope Nintendo shuts it down by the time I wake up since its too much now... 7 dungeons already spoiled

Fireblend

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
You people make me feel like some kind of Key Master... then who the hell is the Gate Keeper? :\

I'm not gonna read anymore of that Blog... hope Nintendo shuts it down by the time I wake up since its too much now... 7 dungeons already spoiled

I love you smiles :D

Brobzoid

OK, spoiler discussion HERE i COMETH:
why do the twilight duders oppose both Ganondorf and the Hylian king(do they? I'm assuming here)? Are they like Ganondorf trying to rule the lands? Are they consuming the lands with their twilight-ness? Is the twilight world another dimension, like the dark world in LttP?

I think...
that Ganondorf needed a backseat, since if one villain is the main everytime and the good guys overthrow him every time, it's reduced to something comical. There isn't any threat in the Coyote for the Road Runner, the Road Runner is sure to win every god damn time. So they put Ganondorf in the back as a third force to the plot and let the twilight king be the main baddie. There is some speculation that the twilight king is the hero of time. Time-line wise I've heard that this game is in the Majora's Mask universe(young Link from OoT) and that the hero of time most likely is MM Link, which could mean that we will have a Oni-Link final fight. wii! Unless of course it's Tingle who's the hero of time because everybody read his version. I also think that that the twilight world is a more direct threat to the real world than the dark world in LttP was. Maybe the twilight world is consuming people/items/matter from the real world, or perhaps there's a balance of space divided between the realms, and the twilight world is trying to overpower the real world...

Tritroid

TSA said:
But I will give one tidbit to timeline theorist out there - this game destroys the split timeline theory - so far as to say it pretty much renders it impossible.

That's very interesting.

Brobzoid

wait, the what now? I thought Anouma(wtf, i can't spell japanese names for shit) wanted to bring the story-lines closer to each other... :\

MMaRsu said:
So where is that guy posting now? PM me a link please :)

THE LINK BELOW IS FILLED WITH SPINE CRUSHING MIND EXPLODING SPOILERS PEOPLE, CLICKING ON IT WILL MAKE YOUR PENIS EXPLODE.

SPOILERS
Spoilers within:
http://www.lawrence.com/blogs/gamer/2006/nov/12/zeldaupdate/
SPOILERS

THE ABOVE LINK IS FILLED WITH SPINE CRUSHING MIND EXPLODING SPOILERS PEOPLE, CLICKING ON IT WILL MAKE YOUR PENIS EXPLODE.

edit: No info inside the link.

Fireblend

Banned
The article has been taken down (I was finally able to enter the blog).

First off, I want to thank everyone who has kept an eye on this article during my marathon Zelda session last night. I know a lot of you are a little too impatient to wait until 11/19, so I tried to help out a bit with some Q&A and detailed updates.

However, I just received a call from my Nintendo rep, and they're understandably a little concerned about big surprises being leaked prior to the release. She reiterated that there was no embargo, but that they would appreciate it if I left out some of the big story details.

Nintendo has always been very good to us here at L-com (hell, I'm playing the Wii!), so I'm absolutely going to take down this information.

Thanks again for all of your interest, but just be a little more patient and wait the six days to play through this behemoth of a game yourself. It's well worth the wait.

A full review (sans major plot twists) will be up within the next couple of days, as I plan to have the game beaten tonight. Keep an eye out.

Adagio

Damn! The updates are no more... :( But...but...we just followed
Ganondorf into a twilit castle...
! What happens next?!

im just replying here again to say HI......and... uh...

im not reading anything out of sheer FEAR of spoilers.

next time Nintendo makes an epic game like Zelda, the version TSA gets (and other people known to blow games wide open) should be made 10 times more difficult to beat so he/they can't spoil it before we can buy it.

Adagio

Zilch said:
I guess you'll have to play the game yourself to find out. Bummer!
I know!

TheIkariWarrior said:
im just replying here again to say HI......and... uh...

im not reading anything out of sheer FEAR of spoilers.

next time Nintendo makes an epic game like Zelda, the version TSA gets (and other people known to blow games wide open) should be made 10 times more difficult to beat so he/they can't spoil it before we can buy it.
Drive-by retard posting?

Brobzoid

Adagio said:
Damn! The updates are no more... :( But...but...we just followed
Ganondorf into a twilit castle...
! What happens next?!

**** me in the FACE!? someone PM me the newest details. I didn't get any after
just getting to the twilight dungeon entrance

!!!!

Neo Child

Banned
Brobzoid said:
**** me in the FACE!? someone PM me the newest details. I didn't get any after
just getting to the twilight dungeon entrance

!!!!

What? Would you mind PM'ing me too? I only got upto the 4th dungeon.

Brobzoid

GOD DAMN! anyone still have it in their cache? PM AWAY!!!!
plz, wtf don't read this!!!

Ark-AMN

Banned
TSA said:
But I will give one tidbit to timeline theorist out there - this game destroys the split timeline theory - so far as to say it pretty much renders it impossible.
I never got in-depth with the Zelda timeline itself, but what exactly was the "split timeline theory" anyway?

Ark-AMN said:
I never got in-depth with the Zelda timeline itself, but what exactly was the "split timeline theory" anyway?

It has something to do with the ending of Ocarina of Time I believe, namely the idea that there were two timelines created after Link returned to the past for good.

Brobzoid

Adagio said:
Brobzoid, that's the last thing I read as well.
Following Ganondorf's exile into the twilight.

wtf? I thought
That the portal was the same as ganondorf was taken through earlier, or is that what you're saying?
if so, we agree and I understand.

I don't know if all this spoilered information is making my hype go up or down :\

Can I just request someone to make a video of the entire game cut-scenes and gameplay when it hits? So that I can watch it before february, which is when I most likely will be able to play it :\

Tritroid

Ark-AMN said:
This thread is pretty much full of explanations about the split timeline theory. If you want details, you can skim back through it, but the gist of it is:

Aonuma once explained, shortly before WW released, that there are two alternate timelines after OoT takes place. 'Post-7-year' is one timeline, that the Hero of Time vanishes from when he's sent back to his original time as a child. WW occurs in this timeline. The other timeline is 'Pre-7-year', which is the Hero of Time's original time before he pulled the Master Sword from the pedestal. He's sent back to this time at the end of OoT, and MM takes place a few months after.

Brobzoid

someone is gonna spoil this game for me anyway, my brother never thinks, he just talks. and he's a major zelda fan. So naturally he's gonna spoil the shit out of this game even before I ever get a chance to look at the cover. So, why not make the most of it and just go with the flow. this way I get to discuss and think about the spoilers first at least.

Top Bottom